Prospect Info: Cedar Park

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Pride is bad and scary, can't do that.

NHL even f***ing stopped wearing hockey fight cancer stuff too and they never wore any of those jersey in more than warmups anyway. Texas has all kinds of jerseys they wear in games during the season including Star Wars jerseys. It's just stupid by the NHL especially since the leagues primary development league has teams wear like 10-ish different jersey types in games during a season

tx-stars-cleveland-monsterss-01062017-2120.jpg

Reactions: Kipper 17

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Who the f*** cares, I’m tired of the virtue signaling bullshit anyway. All that shit serves one function and it’s to bring in money. If you need a special night about military, Mexican heritage, gay pride, etc. to go watch hockey then you’re not a real fan anyway. You’re there for a pat on the back. You wanna grow the game? Fix your f***ed up tv and streaming deals that have blocked off access for millions. Then you can go back to stroking yourselves off about how much you care about social issues.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Who the f*** cares, I’m tired of the virtue signaling bullshit anyway. All that shit serves one function and it’s to bring in money. If you need a special night about military, Mexican heritage, gay pride, etc. to go watch hockey then you’re not a real fan anyway. You’re there for a pat on the back. You wanna grow the game? Fix your f***ed up tv and streaming deals that have blocked off access for millions. Then you can go back to stroking yourselves off about how much you care about social issues.

Idk i like jersey variety . Not to mention those nights are still happening anyway . Only difference is there are no jerseys for those events anymore.

account deactivated

Finns > Swedes
Feb 28, 2008
ATX

Maybe that's because those nights aren't meant for you? Stop gatekeeping fandoms; it's childish and ignorant.

You sound like the fans who get mad when teams get mascots. :laugh:

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Maybe that's because those nights aren't meant for you? Stop gatekeeping fandoms; it's childish and ignorant.

You sound like the fans who get mad when teams get mascots. :laugh:

Go get offended somewhere else clown :thumbu:

Because I don’t want a bunch of Pejorative Slurs parading identity politics in a sport im a gatekeeper lmfao. People like you are why everyone’s a p***y now

account deactivated

Finns > Swedes
Feb 28, 2008
ATX

Because I don’t want a bunch of Pejorative Slurs parading identity politics in a sport im a gatekeeper lmfao. People like you are why everyone’s a p***y now

Why do you sound so offended? Are people like me the reason why you're a p***y too?

Damn. Maybe you have a point. :laugh:

Reactions: Elysian

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

Projecting much?

You kicked all this off by getting so worked up about, of all things, warm-up jerseys.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Some of Zapps posts about social issues are so funny, you can tell he lives in rural Finland where there is like 5 minorities he has ever seen in his life.

Mr. White Boy from rural Finland never endured any social hardship so why should I support others who have! I shall be mad about everything! ARGGGGH

Sports2

WDI
Jul 1, 2018
Some of Zapps posts about social issues are so funny, you can tell he lives in rural Finland where there is like 5 minorities he has ever seen in his life.

Mr. White Boy from rural Finland never endured any social hardship so why should I support others who have! I shall be mad about everything! ARGGGGH
CPOY MrHeiskanen

• Haha
Reactions: LT

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX

Hear hear. I only go to 81 games of the year instead of 82 because nothing makes me angrier than the one night where all we do is listen to mariachi music and eat tacos. Keep bringing me Blink 182, and Finnish players instead of that freaky un-American crap.

Speaking of chorizo and egg, anyone have any strong thoughts on Cristiano Kyrou, Disidente Bourque, or Gavin Blanco like I do?

Gavin keeps impressing me, and I remember not liking his game at Traverse? (Also, I have a Texas Stars report tomorrow at the Substack just FYI)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I attended the Filipino heritage night when the Stars played in Los Angeles last season. I didn't know it was a themed night until I got there and was sitting next to a Filipino family with young kids.

All I'm gonna say is, it was clear they didn't go to games often and came out for this special occasion and had an absolute blast cheering for the Kings while seeing their heritage celebrated during the game. Probably the nicest people I've sat next to at a hockey game and it happened to be a road game where the Stars won easily. Even down 4-0 they were having a great night and were really happy when Robertson scored too despite being Kings fans.

These themed nights are important and often times fun for a lot of people (and can grow the game). I don't see any reason to hate on them if it doesn't apply to you. No need to act like it's putting a filter on the game or something.

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
More thoughts on Dallas' prospects in Cedar Park and the weekend versus Grand Rapids, and how much more crazily advanced the Stars prospects looked than Detroit's. And don't worry. I left out the paragraphs of me complaining about too many gringos on ice.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
More thoughts on Dallas' prospects in Cedar Park and the weekend versus Grand Rapids, and how much more crazily advanced the Stars prospects looked than Detroit's. And don't worry. I left out the paragraphs of me complaining about too many gringos on ice.

I find your lack of love for Stranges sad. Why are you making me sad at Thanksgiving? Kid has it. Yeah he has rough points. No he's not going to be called up this season and maybe not even next but he has game breaking ability every shift on the ice and that's rare.

Reactions: David Castillo

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
The odds are still not really in Stranges' favor, but his unique skating and (like DC said) incredible effort do elevate above the rest of the non-bluechip prospects.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
The pace at the AHL level is slowing down enough for Stranges now to where he's not far from being able to dominate down there imo. I hope I'm right, but he was too good for the ECHL and hopefully within a couple of years at most he will be too good for the AHL. He just needs to keep at it and he will make it somewhere. I hope it's here but if I'm a team at the deadline trading away someone and I'm looking at the rest of the Stars prospects after the main 3, I'm looking at/asking for him for sure. I'm really hoping we don't trade him away as a spare piece in a rental deal or something like that.

Assuming Stankoven and Bourque make the NHL next year, he's gonna have a huge opportunity down there to show what he is truly capable of.

The only downside to his current play is you have to remember that he's been spending time on the 2nd PP and 4th line, while guys like Stankoven are taking the attention of the other teams best players. I think his skating is good enough to where it may not matter, but he is currently up against 4th line AHL guys/3rd pairing AHL dmen most nights. Next year should tell us a lot about his future

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
This game probably has the worst camera angle I've ever seen at the pro level lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad