Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread XI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
You must have faith in Kevin Collins.
There’s a lot of time in the gym with the strength trainer here,” he said. “That’s the biggest thing for me. I want to be able to put on weight and get stronger. Playing here is great, but obviously the next step is you want to play for Columbus and you want to make it to the NHL. The biggest thing for me is to be able to get stronger and spend more time in the gym.”

From the article I posted up about LDBB and Dolzy

Reactions: squashmaple

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
The person on Farter who re-farted this fart seems disappointed. Not really sure why. Not like he is anywhere near ready for the NHL and two more years developing in the KHL sounds good to me.

We should just expect that none of them come over until they are around 21-23ish. And as long as we have a handful of Russians already over there, I feel less concerned about them not wanting to come over and play.

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
In case no one hasn't said it yet, you guys should be excited for Oiva Keskinen in the WJC. He's been bit of a revelation in the Finnish Liiga this year, and has solified himself as 3C, sometimes even 2C. In the top team in Liiga.
Dude plays such a mature game compared to most of his age group, and scores a lot of points as well. He would be my pick for 1C for team Finland in the WJC but im not the coach so he will just dominate whatever line he plays in.

The skill is obvious, but the way he competes for the puck is something you rarely see with players of his age.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
In case no one hasn't said it yet, you guys should be excited for Oiva Keskinen in the WJC. He's been bit of a revelation in the Finnish Liiga this year, and has solified himself as 3C, sometimes even 2C. In the top team in Liiga.
Dude plays such a mature game compared to most of his age group, and scores a lot of points as well. He would be my pick for 1C for team Finland in the WJC but im not the coach so he will just dominate whatever line he plays in.

The skill is obvious, but the way he competes for the puck is something you rarely see with players of his age.
Sounds good. I had to google him and find out who he was. I had no idea we drafted him. If he turns into anything successful it's a steal as a 7th rounder.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The Soviet Union is rebuilding the Iron Curtain.

I'll be interested in the specifics. Players coming over from Russia at age 22 or 23 has worked out very well for the Jackets lately, better than bringing them over before that. I am of course comparing the process with Voronkov and Marchenko coming over more mature, and Chinakhov and Tarasov coming over with substantial development still needed.

If what happens is that they can't come over until 24 or 25 then that is going to be very annoying, we'll then have pressure to get Dolzhenkov, Ivanov, Makarov, etc... out of Russia before the wall goes up, and then develop them here in less ideal circumstances.

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net

I guess team Finland just sucks this year, and this penguin looking head coach decides that Keskinen who has played full season on the powerplay for the #1 team in Liiga, doesn't deserve a spot when they try to tie the game 6v4 in the end. He knows something that i dont. Clown coach with a shit defence and Keskinen buried to 3rd or 4th line and not where he should be my earlier message was horseshit. Then again i wouldn't expect anything less from a Kärpät coach, dude is a f***ing dumbass.

Reactions: Xoggz22

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I guess team Finland just sucks this year, and this penguin looking head coach decides that Keskinen who has played full season on the powerplay for the #1 team in Liiga, doesn't deserve a spot when they try to tie the game 6v4 in the end. He knows something that i dont. Clown coach with a shit defence and Keskinen buried to 3rd or 4th line and not where he should be my earlier message was horseshit. Then again i wouldn't expect anything less from a Kärpät coach, dude is a f***ing dumbass.
Well there is your Keskinen PP goal

Last edited:
Reactions: Doggy

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011

Peddle goes form 1st in West to 9th in East...ouch!

Apparently Tim has another nephew playing for the ECHL Orlando Solar Bears (one of the great team names in hockey): Jérémie Biakabutuka

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006

Peddle goes form 1st in West to 9th in East...ouch!

Apparently Tim has another nephew playing for the ECHL Orlando Solar Bears (one of the great team names in hockey): Jérémie Biakabutuka

He goes from a team in win now mode to a team closer to home where he's going to play top line minutes. It sucks from a competitive point of view, but it is probably better for him (he's going to play against top D every night).

Reactions: CBJx614

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Wenatchee saw that Savoie and Geekie cant win when it matters so kicked them out the door :sarcasm: I dont know when Id have time but Id love to catch a Warriors game live at some point

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad