Confirmed Trade: [CBJ/ARI] Jon Gillies for 2023 6th round pick and Jakub Voracek

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Honest question, if Arizona was to move, would the owners prefer to keep the team as it is or do an expansion draft instead? I think that any team built off an expansion draft would be better than Arizona's roster.

Reactions: RickyLafleur

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I wonder if this is finally the year a top prospect actually declares, going into the draft, that he won't sign with a certain team if they draft him.

Imagine the Yotes win the draft lottery, and Bedard flat out says he doesn't ever want to be a Coyote.

What a circus.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Honest question, if Arizona was to move, would the owners prefer to keep the team as it is or do an expansion draft instead? I think that any team built off an expansion draft would be better than Arizona's roster.
Well, they do have 312 picks in the next 3 drafts so you would think that's going to help build a decent roster. Plus, they may end up with Bedard if the lottery goes their way.

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
I doesn't matter if Bettman says this is not okay, it's just for optics. The whole team exists solely for this reason, to get other teams out of cap trouble. It's a f***ing disgrace.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I wonder if this is finally the year a top prospect actually declares, going into the draft, that he won't sign with a certain team if they draft him.

Imagine the Yotes win the draft lottery, and Bedard flat out says he doesn't ever want to be a Coyote.

What a circus.
Eric Lindros 2.0.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
You can keep playing dumb but you know I'm not talking about the standings but about how the organization is going about its business. Nobody can control games and players are still players but the Coyotes have absolutely zero intention of improving the team for the next several years and their primary motivations in trade is less money. That's a joke.

Actually you were talking about the standings that's why I mentioned them. A 'non-functioning franchise in a competitive league' (that was the term you used)... how is it possible that team is doing actually doing better on the ice than some other, functioning teams? Seems to me the Yotes is functioning, at least. Not my problem you're pretending not to comprehend the irrational nonsense you yourself are saying.

Maybe a bit like the bolded above. If the Coyotes actually had zero intention of improving the team they wouldn't have signed Veggie last offseason, they wouldn't have picked up players like Valimaki off waivers, we would've kept Rich Tocchet as a coach (sorry Vancouver). More nonsense from a hater.

Keep hating though, stay strong. Again, this convo is saying more about you than it is about the Yotes

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
At least Oakland plays in a proper stadium though.

Imagine they moved to some minor league park with a quarter of the seats. :help:

Yep, don't think we've seen it since.

Mailloux was close a couple years back, but that was more of a "nobody draft me" thing........which every team except Montreal understood. :laugh:
Oakland actually resides in probably the worst stadium in sports and is a big reason they will most likely be playing in Vegas in the near future.

The Puckhound

Jan 24, 2019
Realistically is there any way the other owners could step in and force a trade or relocation? Or is the only hope some third-party billionaire makes them an offer they can't refuse and takes over the team elsewhere?

There has to be 10-15 other cities in NA that could take this team and make it flourish.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Oakland actually resides in probably the worst stadium in sports and is a big reason they will most likely be playing in Vegas in the near future.

Oh I know, it's terrible. Tampa and Toronto aren't much better, sure, but I've heard a lot about the state of the A's ballpark.

That said, though, at least it's still on par with everyone else in the league, in terms of capacity, and they aren't at some 5,000 seat varsity stadium.

That's what I'm saying.

The Puckhound

Jan 24, 2019
You could see a modern day Lindros.

Except that Arizona is still a far more desirable place to live than Quebec. He knows that he'll still get paid and probably traded down the line if history tell us anything.
Have you actually been to both places? I'm from the western US and I'd much rather live in Quebec City than Arizona. Arizona is a cultural vacuum and professionally I don't know how any ambitious player could look at them and be excited at the possibility of losing their entire career.

The whole "Arizona is nice in the winter though!" isn't an excuse for letting this pathetic team linger forever

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Have you actually been to both places? I'm from the western US and I'd much rather live in Quebec City than Arizona. Arizona is a cultural vacuum and professionally I don't know how any ambitious player could look at them and be excited at the possibility of losing their entire career.

The whole "Arizona is nice in the winter though!" isn't an excuse for letting this pathetic team linger forever
I mean the franchise is a gigantic joke, but you're probably the only person on the planet who would rather live in Quebec city than Arizona.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Somehow this is fine to the NHL, but rich markets spending more then they should is wrong............

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Now they can "respect" the salary floor while unloading other real salaries like Schmaltz for scraps.

This league is a farce.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad