Confirmed Trade: [CBJ/ARI] Jon Gillies for 2023 6th round pick and Jakub Voracek

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
We could of had a team flourishing for >10 years in Hamilton. ON by now... and instead we still have this sad excuse of a franchise whos only purpose seems to be acquiring contracts of retired players.

Because the league, not fans, realize that not only is there more money to be made in the states. No one really wants to play in Canada.

• Haha
Reactions: Inno

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Go on fellow HFB citizens and tell me again how Matthews is destined to sign with this organization when he's a UFA?

Please.

The only way Auston is going to ever be a Coyote is if he's put on LTIR by another team and his contract is traded to them to clear cap space.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I said this with the Weber deal. Arizona has no intention or hopes of actually completing a rebuild and contending at some point. They're not even getting any assets back for these cap dump/LTIR deals! What is this? A 6th round pick to dump an $8M AAV??

Meruelo's sole goal is to pay as little actual cash as possible, by acquiring players who have high AAVs + low salaries or are LTIRetired and the contracts are insured, just to hit the cap floor. He's dumping anyone who gets paid anything remotely expensive. You can guarantee Schmaltz is gone before next season. His endgame is hoping to sell the team at a profit once the Tempe arena (if) gets approved.

The Coyotes have no intention of icing a real hockey team. It's just a dump for the rest of the league.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
If they can reach the cap floor with high cap low cash contracts plus insured big cap hits on LTIR, while paying as little as possible in the entire franchise's operational costs, they're going to be a positive profit team.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
I’ve never been a pile on Arizona guy, but this is pretty bad.
Everything adds up to a deeper pile of crap

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
What a dump. They don't deserve Matthews when he eventually leaves Toronto...
(i kid. They will never get him for 7 x 4.5)

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
im-shoked-im-shocked.gif

NHL literally just put out a statement about this. And the Coyotes go "hold my beer"

Reactions: Goalie_Bob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad