Confirmed Trade: [CBJ/ARI] Jon Gillies for 2023 6th round pick and Jakub Voracek

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Weren't you saying that everyone was wrong when that you didn't believe Arizona would have trouble taking on money like three days ago? Coping hard.

For some yes, but that's not all it is. The franchise has essentially ceased functioning.

Nah. We have a plan and are sticking to it. We're playing in a 5000 seat arena, obviously that means we're not making much gate revenue so the owner wants to save some money. It's like... ok maybe you don't agree but how is that not a rational thing to do.

Anyway "essentially ceasing to function" seems a bit extreme doesn't it? Seems to me like you're one of the haters. Keep on hating it'll keep you strong, strength in numbers and all that

King 88

Mar 5, 2010
Are the Yotes going to plan on having 70 million in dead cap, and then roll out a few ECHLers and a bunch of pylons with Draft Year and Draft Round written onto them? I get it, the Yotes are a "rebuilding team", but they've also been doing the same thing for close to a decade at this point.
How they have been drafting they gonna be rebuilding next 10 years.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
This is awful, they should move the team.

Not fair we all have to put up with this nonsense. Gotta be a sucker to be a Coyote fan.

~Derp

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
What other team would take on 8.25 of dead cap and only get a 6th to do so? Every other team taking on dead cap would want a 1st at least to do this.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Nah. We have a plan and are sticking to it. We're playing in a 5000 seat arena, obviously that means we're not making much gate revenue so the owner wants to save some money. It's like... ok maybe you don't agree but how is that not a rational thing to do.

"Essentially ceasing to function" seems a bit extreme doesn't it? Seems to me like you're one of the haters. Keep on hating it'll keep you strong, strength in numbers and all that

It's a rational thing to do when you're broke, yeah. And oo, I don't think it's extreme at all. Their primary motivations in deals isn't getting better, it's not spending money. That's not functioning in a competitive league.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I honestly wish vancouver would go super intense rebuild the way it seems arizona is doing. Better than the subpar forever hashtag the Canucks are marketing with right now

Reactions: PainForShane

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I wonder if Columbus acquiring a warm body in net means they've got something done to trade Quick

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Watch Bedard go to Arizona what a joke the draft will be rigged by bettman I guarantee it and I’d put money on it.

Reactions: viper0220

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Come get Ellis, too.
Ellis has 4 years left and bizarrely, Arizona is actually reaching a point where;
- another long-term LTIR anchor might handcuff them when they are finally competitive, and;
- they won't have enough contract slots to sign every promising player they draft to an ELC.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Why do they need Voracek’s contract? Why can’t Columbus just keep him on LTIR for the duration of his contract?

What benefit does Arizona get taking on an LTIR? Your owner doesn’t even have money
Because the owner can use the caphit to reach the floor but the insurance company will cover the cost.

This guy is literally the cheapest owner ever.

Reactions: stealth1

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
It's a rational thing to do when you're broke, yeah. And oo, I don't think it's extreme at all. Their primary motivations in deals isn't getting better, it's not spending money. That's not functioning in a competitive league.

Not functioning is that right.

Last I checked... (just now), we're ahead of SJ, ANA, CBJ and oooh Chicago in the standings. I guess those franchises aren't functioning either in this competitive league, they're not even as competitive as the Yotes. Should we fold Chicago too? Looks like they're in the middle of trading all their players as well.

Keep hating if you want, imo this conversation says more about you than it ever will about the Yotes

Reactions: Shane Diesel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad