Confirmed Trade: [CBJ/ARI] Jon Gillies for 2023 6th round pick and Jakub Voracek

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Have you actually been to both places? I'm from the western US and I'd much rather live in Quebec City than Arizona. Arizona is a cultural vacuum and professionally I don't know how any ambitious player could look at them and be excited at the possibility of losing their entire career.

The whole "Arizona is nice in the winter though!" isn't an excuse for letting this pathetic team linger forever

I don't think Arizona is that nice of a place to live. It's a freaking desert.

It's one thing to be a loser in San Jose or Anaheim/LA. Another thing to be a loser in Arizona.

Reactions: PelagicJoe
Dec 15, 2002
I'd rather see Arizona fold than continue to exist or even relocate at this point.

Do a reverse expansion draft where the teams get to pick players off their roster and out of their system

A contraction draft

Shell entity.

What a disgrace.

What a disgrace

So f***ing pathetic move the team already

They're a joke, and by extension Bettman is a joke for letting it go on like this.

Arizona is a scam 100 years of no playoffs and no desire to improve. Just keep picking up LTIR contracts and pretend to tank as an excuse to exist

What a joke, both the organization and Bettman and the NHL and their 30 year non relocation agreement should they get an arena.

Move them. They're non-functional.

How long is the NHL going to keep this going

This franchise needs to go, how is the league not embarrassed by this? They have zero interest in ever becoming competitive
All of this and more makes me laugh, because fans still don't realize their feelings don't matter one iota to the 32 owners - especially to the 31 whose team isn't the Arizona Coyotes.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
All of this and more makes me laugh, because fans still don't realize their feelings don't matter one iota to the 32 owners - especially to the 31 whose team isn't the Arizona Coyotes.

You aren't saying anything different. Everyone is annoyed that a sham team exists just to benefit the other 31 teams.

Reactions: The Puckhound

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
People are mad at Arizona because of... why?

They are rebuilding and getting assets for taking contrasts is kind of part of it.
After how many years of this does it become too much? They are already getting rid of assets they got from previous years of "rebuilding and getting assets for taking contracts". They are not trying to ice a competitive team now, nor have they tried for several years.

I just feel sorry for the fans that follow the team

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
If the other 31 teams had a problem with it, they'd do something about it.

Think about that for a while.

Still doesn't change what everyone is saying.

Think on that.

It lowers competition and makes GM jobs easier, of course they love having Arizona in the league. That doesn't make it fair or justifiable. It is a stain on the league that doesn't exist in any other pro American sport.

Reactions: The Puckhound

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Screwed up and didn't quote so I do this manually...

the team that never was

Hossa
Datsyuk
Voracek
Weber
Ladd
Little
Kane

Am I missing anyone?

That would have been a good team a few years ago.

Reactions: Merc29

The Puckhound

Jan 24, 2019
Money matters to the owners though, and this team continually hemorrhages profit. Not sure why you felt the need to tag like 10 people only to smugly address something no one is saying to begin with.

Dec 15, 2002
Money matters to the owners though, and this team continually hemorrhages profit. Not sure why you felt the need to tag like 10 people only to smugly address something no one is saying to begin with.
1. I was going to tag far more than 10 people, but I'm sure there's a limit to how many quotes I can embed. Plus, adding an 11th, 12th, ..., 97th doesn't change my point: what fans think about the Coyotes franchise being in Arizona is irrelevant. It only matters to the other 31 owners.

2. It's not a smug addressing of anything. It's a statement of fact, which brings me to the following observation many people don't and will never get:

3. You do realize that Arizona being where it is, in the position it is, actually helps other owners make more money ... right? Their lower revenues will (does) keep the salary cap lower than it otherwise be, meaning the owners don't have to spend as much money on player salaries, which ... hopefully you can take it from there.

The Puckhound

Jan 24, 2019
1. I was going to tag far more than 10 people, but I'm sure there's a limit to how many quotes I can embed. Plus, adding an 11th, 12th, ..., 97th doesn't change my point: what fans think about the Coyotes franchise being in Arizona is irrelevant. It only matters to the other 31 owners.

2. It's not a smug addressing of anything. It's a statement of fact, which brings me to the following observation many people don't and will never get:

3. You do realize that Arizona being where it is, in the position it is, actually helps other owners make more money ... right? Their lower revenues will (does) keep the salary cap lower than it otherwise be, meaning the owners don't have to spend as much money on player salaries, which ... hopefully you can take it from there.
Tell yourself whatever you have to I guess.. you seem pretty clueless and insufferable so let's just leave it here. So by your estimation the league would be healthier if every team just lost money year over year.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
That team is becoming one of the biggest reasons to ditch the Entry Draft altogether.

Dec 15, 2002
Tell yourself whatever you have to I guess.. you seem pretty clueless and insufferable so let's just leave it here
I am pretty insufferable. Probably because I'm right, and it takes most of you 5-7 years or more to catch up and realize I really wasn't as clueless as you thought. [Well, that and I just enjoy it because it makes others unhappy.]

Or maybe you can explain why 31 other owners put up with an NHL franchise being in Arizona (and before that, Carolina and Florida and other oft-derided locations), without invoking imaginary ideas of Gary Bettman having some dictatorial-like control owners when he always has served, and always will serve, at their leisure and could be dismissed at any time by them.

• Haha
Reactions: PainForShane

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I think my favourite thing is the hypocrisy. They don’t mind it when they get out of LTIR contracts that are detrimental to them, but the second another team dumps their player it’s a joke.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

I am under no illusion that me, faceless man on the internet, should have my feelings taken into account regarding the status of the Arizona Coyotes.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Have you been to Arizona? I'd probably choose QC over Ari as well. If I were moving for warmer climate there is a myriad of better places in USA alone imo.
Yes, I've been to both.

Only for the weather, though. I know not everyone puts a lot of stock in that but I'm an urban guy and Quebec City is so pretty. Spent my university years there.
The architecture is the chief draw of the city. Has a European feel with the benefits and draw backs of that. The cost of living and income potential is the biggest difference for me with weather being #2.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
this needs to stop

you can't have a 5000 seat NHL team that only takes bad contract/money to hit the floor as a legit NHL franchise

how in the hell are defenders thinking this is totally acceptable?

The NHL has 31 teams and a mini-Ukraine-like Coyotes, where money goes to die

Reactions: stealth1

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
That's fine as long as we agree on the first part lol
I don't know how anyone could disagree with it. The only good thing about the Coyotes was you could fly to AZ and go to a Flames game cheaper than you could go to one in Calgary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad