Player Discussion Cayden Primeau Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The heir apparent, is not that eh.................moving on from Price is not going to be easy folks.
Trust in HuGo.
Pretty good for a 7th rounder but as you said, current management has a different vision and may have a whole other strategy about who and how to groom or acquire their future no. 1 goalie candidate.

Reactions: BLONG7

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Should the Habs consider drafting a high end goalie with one of their high picks?
They’d need to get lucky and be able to draft in a class where there are some.

And by the time they get their guy, figure years of development, which will not coincide with the competitive window of their roster.

I think they develop what they have on hand and hope one of them has the goods and if it becomes clear that there is no true no. 1 candidate, they go the trade route or UFA.

Reactions: themilosh and Tyson

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Our new starting goaltender. I believe in him. I think he has the potential to be a mid to above average starter in the NHL.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Should the Habs consider drafting a high end goalie with one of their high picks?

If there was one available, I'm sure they'd do so.. but they're not gonna reach on one.

Last year had no really good goalies in it at all.. we'll see this year.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Pretty good for a 7th rounder but as you said, current management has a different vision and may have a whole other strategy about who and how to groom or acquire their future no. 1 goalie candidate.
Not to mention the current regime just might realize maybe we should build a team that can score, instead of hanging the goalie out to dry night in and night out.
Laying it all on the goalie was never a good idea.

Reactions: Chr1s97 and jrom

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
This guy is not the answer. He has never really lived up to expectations. Last year's playoffs was his swan song. It is time to find another goaltender.
Cayden WhoMeau?

Listen, Cayden is an absolutely fine goaltender. For whatever reason he isn’t in the NHL I’m sure it’s because of politics.

Caydens potential is sky high. He’s being run into the ground in Laval to be honest. He’s an NHL Talent that isn’t being given the same rope as say Slafkovksy.

The only true way to tell if he’s “ got it in him “ as you like to say is to give him 40games THIS YEAR. What do we have to lose? ( the first overall? )

To bad it ain’t happening because I see a better goalie in a premewho than I do Allen or rowboat

• Haha
Reactions: Habs13

BobInNiagara

May 12, 2019
St Catharines
Cayden WhoMeau?

Listen, Cayden is an absolutely fine goaltender. For whatever reason he isn’t in the NHL I’m sure it’s because of politics.

Caydens potential is sky high. He’s being run into the ground in Laval to be honest. He’s an NHL Talents that isn’t being given the same rope as say Slafkovksy.

The only try way to tell if he’s “ got it in him “ as you like to say is to give him 49 games THIS YEAR.

To bad it ain’t happening because I see a better goalie in a Auden than I do Allen or rowboat
He has choked every time he has had a chance to show what he has at the NHL level

Reactions: Habs13

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
He has choked every time he has had a chance to show what he has at the NHL level
No he hasn’t, he’s exposed the weaknesses in the NHL roster is what he’s done. If that’s a bad goaltender than paint this guy red for not being a saviour of Jesus Christ himself.

From what I’ve see in the NHL he is a robotic tender than makes more ice cold saves than Carey price does. I’ve seen a young man with an immense pressure of being a saviour being thrown to the “wolves”. We don’t need a saviour goaltender. We need a 5 man unit on the ice capable of lessening the opposing teams high danger scoring chances. Give primary that team and he will change your mind.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
You're right. He did show the weaknesses. Himself.
Give me a break. You don’t get how humans work if you think every players development curve should work itself out in the AHL or OHL or “Europe” as you’d like to say.

Cayden, like many many talented hockey players , has the skill to be in the NHL today.

Also, never every High skilled player is going to make it in the NHL. Primaeu is a sick tender with amazing robotics.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Give me a break. You don’t get how humans work if you think every players development curve should work itself out in the AHL or OHL or “Europe” as you’d like to say.

Cayden, like many many talented hockey players , has the skill to be in the NHL today.

As the waterboy maybe.

Cayden is good for the tank though, if thats the route you're looking to travel.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
As the waterboy maybe.

Cayden is good for the tank though, if thats the route you're looking to travel.
It doesn’t matter if he’s good for the tank right now. He’s being held out of Proper NHL development time in order for “molson” to sell tickets ( and justify the bad contracts we’ve given out, even under Hughes )

Cayden needs to see NHL time this year sink or swim. BecAuse, as you’d say, we aren’t competing this year. So trade Allen and give Primeau so damn time on ice.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
It doesn’t matter if he’s good for the tank right now. He’s being held out of Proper NHL development time in order for “molson” to sell tickets ( and justify the bad contracts we’ve given out, even under Hughes )

Cayden needs to see NHL time this year sink or swim.

I feel like you're pranking me? Can't spot the hidden camera in my living room though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad