Player Discussion Cayden Primeau Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
I hope they leave him in the AHL for a full year but if needed I would move him in a package deal for a 2023 1st rounder.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Fucale 2.0 vibes. I see his ceiling as a journeyman 3rd string/backup similar to Comrie/Fucale/Subban.

Hope I'm wrong though. Would love to see him show another gear in him, if he has one.

It's funny because I felt the same way about Primeau as i did about Otteigner when he first came into the league. Thought his style was sloppy as hell - which is how I also feel about Primeau's game. Then Ottenger turned into a brick wall so maybe Primeau follows a similar path.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Well to be honest we still have Drouin who was traded for Sergachev, its not all bad. 🥲
Sergachev would still be in the AHL or worse with the past front office and development. I wish this was sarcasm. Drouin? Lmfao!

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Pretty cool you actually got all the letters of his name in there somehow.
Hahaha dude some names I will never be able to properly spell.

Big buff and Mark Schieffele still to this day can't spell. Jonathon Towes took me forever to learn (and I'm still not confident that's how you spell it but whatever)

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013

Big buff and Mark Schieffele still to this day can't spell. Jonathon Towes took me forever to learn (and I'm still not confident that's how you spell it but whatever)
I think you may be dyslexic.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

Maybe your problem starts by calling him Big Buff.

There is no Buf, or Buff in Byfuglien.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Just turned 23 years old, this kid has a bright future ahead of him. Give him 1-2 more years in the AHL

When he hits 25 he’s should be ready to take over the #1 spot

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Maybe your problem starts by calling him Big Buff.

There is no Buf, or Buff in Byfuglien.

Probably because that is his actual nickname and it is also a correct phonetic spelling of the first syllable of Byfuglien. Please tell me you know this and are not one of the Bye-fue-glee-enn people.

DougHarvey

Aug 11, 2004

Toews. Just the way you pronounce it.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I hope they leave him in the AHL for a full year but if needed I would move him in a package deal for a 2023 1st rounder.

I doubt teams will trade a 1st for Primeau at this point in time. They would prefer to see more NHL sample size where he has better numbers. NCAA and AHL numbers are very good but NHL numbers are bad. He seems to struggle with NHL shot quality and to be fair, he's exposed cause our team sucked

He will play AHL this season and Allen/Monty will be our NHL goalies. I won't be surprised if Primeau gets 5 NHL games during the season though and if there is an injury to Allen or Monty, he will play more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad