Player Discussion Cayden Primeau Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
Confidence means less thinking and faster reactions to the puck. Easy to loose.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
After being put in a shitty situation and getting lit up in the NHL this year, this is awesome for Primeau and his confidence.

Hopefully he can stay in the AHL for a full year next season, build on his playoff success and then compete for a spot in 23/24.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
If the playoff experience is long enough, i wouldn't mind considering a 1A/1B duo of Allen and Primeau next year.

I know people fear we break him again like happened this year, but i believe he will have learned alot from this year and will be much stronger mentally next year.

Im sure Primeau would prefer to earn an NHL paycheck if he had the chance.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
If the playoff experience is long enough, i wouldn't mind considering a 1A/1B duo of Allen and Primeau next year.

I know people fear we break him again like happened this year, but i believe he will have learned alot from this year and will be much stronger mentally next year.

Why would we do that? Primeau can play in the ahl next year. No reason to rush him.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Why would we do that? Primeau can play in the ahl next year. No reason to rush him.
Well,

1. Because i don't think it is rushing. I think he will be ready.

2. Because Allen would continue to be a great mentor for him.

3. I will not do anything. I can just imagine a scenario and a sound reasoning behind doing this.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

Better to let him develop and dominate a complete season in the AHL and bring him in 2023-2024

Kiss Under the Guy

Mar 21, 2022

I wouldn't mind him in the NHL next year in these circumstances, knowing the place MSL makes for the kids. But the Habs will suck next year, so yeah, better for him to start in the AHL

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Better to let him develop and dominate a complete season in the AHL and bring him in 2023-2024
I’m in the camp of bringing back Monty on a 2yr contract to tandem with Allen….have Primeau play down in Laval and bring him up after TDL 2023 when hopefully you’ve moved Allen.

Or keep Allen as a backup and trade Monty…..whichever way, Primeau is the main focus and his development comes first.

But who knows, maybe Price comes back and shares the workload with Allen and Monty goes somewhere else…..but again, Primeau in Laval and up at deadline.

Too many scenarios lol

Reactions: Kiss Under the Guy

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I think the ideal route is for Allen and Montembault to tandem with the Habs and Cayden to get one more year to show and prove in the AHL. Then can sell Allen at the TDL (hopefully Eddy and Byron as well), and then give him the chance to show he can stick down the stretch. If he can, he and Montembault can tandem in 23/24 and we go from there.

Reactions: Kiss Under the Guy

Kiss Under the Guy

Mar 21, 2022
I think the ideal route is for Allen and Montembault to tandem with the Habs and Cayden to get one more year to show and prove in the AHL. Then can sell Allen at the TDL (hopefully Eddy and Byron as well), and then give him the chance to show he can stick down the stretch. If he can, he and Montembault can tandem in 23/24 and we go from there.
It's kind of sad that Price is a hurdle in this ideal scenario. We don't need him next year because if he plays as he can, the Habs chances for a top 5 pick are hurt.

I also like the idea of having Montembeault for a second year to prove he can be on the roster in the near future.

I wonder if Price feels this way as well about his place on the team. It reminds me of Luongo in Vancouver, when he made the comment about his contract s***ing and making him untradable

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Assuming no Price, then I want the Habs to openly tank, so I don't want Primeau anywhere near that. I would put guys like Clague, Niku, etc... and play the shit out of them with Monty getting the bulk of the starts.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Assuming no Price, then I want the Habs to openly tank, so I don't want Primeau anywhere near that. I would put guys like Clague, Niku, etc... and play the shit out of them with Monty getting the bulk of the starts.
haha

I get the feeling. As a fan, I would be fine with that. But this will never happen. St-Louis wants to win. Hughes wants to compete. Gorton also. Openly tanking ruins the culture of a club. Just look at the Oilers. They are only starting to come out of it (not quite out of it yet imo) and it took them a lucky win of the lottery when the best player in the world was at stake to initiate a change.

Players will frown upon a team doing this also. We will not openly tank, but we may not sign big name players. I think we will focus on player growth. It will bring more losses than trying to push every season like Bergy did, but it will give a chance to finally come out of the hole eventually (unlikely Bergy's strategy).

I don't want to see Niku or Clague around the team next year. I want the youngsters to play with quality players around them (or young players that can also improve) in order for them to develop well.

We are likely bottom 10 in the league even if they try. At least the culture of the club won't be ruined if they try hard all season long.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
He should have been there all year.

Whatever his potential is, he wasn't ready mentally and experience wise yet this year.

The man is 22 years old. Very young for a goalie. I hope he can become a solid #1 around age 25-26.

Then we'd get our window with him between his age 26 and age 34 season, from 2026-2034. That's when the young core will be at their peak. Management must not screw this up. Still have time.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
We've been spoiled with Carey Price.

Cayden Primeau is a great goalie prospect, showing a reassuring progression. Now he's dominating the AHL playoffs. Price did that once too. But Price was a prodigy, so I expect Primeau to take more time at each step, but still maybe become a legit #1G in the NHL. I'm glad we have him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad