Proposal: Caufield and a 2nd for Lafraniere...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
This is so stupid, everyone with the option preferred laf at the draft and they still would prefer him now. Some of the comments in here are gold plated stupidity.

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
No way the Rags trade Laf straight up for Cold Cauliflower.

The Habs would have to include a big + for this trade to happen.

Reactions: TML1990

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
Not that I'm for or against the trade, but I find it interesting that people saying Laf is worth "way" more etc. Is that solely based on draft position?

I think that both have a lot of potential and both could be high-end wingers, but I think at this stage CC has had a lot less time to prove himself, and Laf hasn't shown much in the time he's had.

I guess the Rangers could try to make the Habs pay for the whole Quebecois angle, but I'd guess they're perfectly fine with CC's upside.

Caufield is a scorer. If he's not scoring, his effectiveness is pretty limited. Lafreniere has the potential to be a more well rounded player.

Reactions: bernmeister

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
The Habs would have to add their first easily which they wouldn't do this year its very possible it might be the first overall but Caufield and a second the Habs do it really fast.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
NYR get a small but potential high scoring sniper. Maybe another Debrincat. Or a dud.

Habs get a home boy that may live up to his potential and be a star. Maybe a star or maybe Drouin 2. Or nothing but bottom 6 grinder.

The 2nd is to bridge the gap between the two players potential.

This is actually an interesting risk that both teams can take and may work out for both. Or not.
Difference is more than a 2nd.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
this is going to be an interesting proposal to come back to in 3 years
That is why I made it.

There are so many possible outcomes that it's one of those rare trades where both come out winners, or one comes out as winner and one is a dud, or both are duds.

And it's a feasible proposal depending if both GMs are of the mind.

And there is a management connection.

Or trade Kerfoot 87.925 times...

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
If you really want to see someone kick a beehive how about a debate regarding a nick Suzuki for lafreniere?

Nyr has a greater need for center long term than wing, Suzuki is beloved by the habs and is the better player now but there is the upside of lafreniere and the desire of habs fans to have their boy.

It's completely unrealistic (players AND cap) but might as well add it to the caufield lafreniere garbage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Synergy27

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I don’t think you understand the reason for that question. powerplay points are easier to score than 5v5.
Tell that to Laf since he's never got even a single point on the PP.

Last edited:

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Based on what?

I'm not too high on either, but Caufield has shown flashes of elite goal scoring ability. Haven't seen that from Lafreniere.

What do you mean by flashes of elite goal scoring ability?

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
let's see...

What in those video's showcases elite goal scoring potential? All 3 video's were him scoring off the rush. Where's he making time and space from a standstill and scoring on a goalie in position?

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
There may come a point at which wasted potential would lead the Rangers to consider moving on, but it's years away. Years.

This guy is still incredibly young and has plenty of time to meet his vast potential in NY. Not everyone can thrive in the NHL at 18, 19.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Habs fan here. This does not make sense at all. Lafreniere is better than caufield in all aspects of the game right now and has the highest potential. Caufield ceiling is a top 6 pure sniper Hoffman style. Understood the draft choice even though I was not as high as some, but Lafreniere is just way better

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Too bad we can't extent the trade with Lundqvist and Price for shits and giggles.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Habs fan here. This does not make sense at all. Lafreniere is better than caufield in all aspects of the game right now and has the highest potential. Caufield ceiling is a top 6 pure sniper Hoffman style. Understood the draft choice even though I was not as high as some, but Lafreniere is just way better

As we sit here today, Lafreniere is the better player and prospect. Is it possible Caufield has the better career when all is said and done? Sure it is, but the Rangers aren’t betting on that... certainly not without the addition of a high end piece which Montreal wouldn’t and shouldn’t give up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad