Proposal: Caufield and a 2nd for Lafraniere...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Cole Caulfield (including todays game): 29gp, 5g, 8a, 13pts + 20gp, 4g, 8a, 12pts in the playoffs

vs

Alexis Lafreniere: (including todays game): 79gp, 17g, 10a, 27pts + no playoff games

If he's not producing, yeah he's struggling, regardless of what else he's doing to "help" the team. He's a 1st overall pick, he's supposed to be producing but do enlighten everyone on what exactly he's doing that makes you think he isn't "struggling" and is "well-rounded". Just cause he's "bigger", doesn't mean he's better and history has shown smaller players being more tenacious than there larger colleagues.

he’s not counted on to be a tremendous point producer yet. Nor does he get 1st/2nd line minutes with our best offensive players, or 1PP time.
Most top 3 picks don’t have the blessing/curse of being drafted to a team where the 2 players ahead of you at your position On the depth chart are Panarin and Kreider. Both playing the best hockey of their careers currently.
The rangers are bringing him along slow like they did Kakko. I’d expect LaF to step in a bigger role next season when strome likely prices himself out of ny next year.
Saying Caufield is the better overall player now Or in the future is incorrect. They are both at different stages in their development currently. Both guys have to work on some things.
LaF currently has nhl size/talent and a tremendous ceiling that if he hits will be a real game breaker. But he needs to work on his skating to be a more dangerous player.
Caufield needs to work on the holes in his game so he can be a solid top 6 everyday player who doesn’t get pushed around or be a non factor when the game gets physical.
At this point, the only thing that Caufield has shown over LaF was the ability to step in and provide scoring on a team that was in a hot run in the playoffs when given the opportunity.
That doesn’t mean Laf won’t do the same when he gets his chance and his overall role and situational use increases.
This thread is ridiculous as a whole because the rangers aren’t trading LaF period.
They wouldn’t give him up for a healthy Eichel as the main part of the package when Adams inquired, they definitely aren’t trading him for Caufield and a 2nd, so it’s a moot point.

Last edited:

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
Habs used to have the rights to every French Canadian player in a draft

Did they really??? (sarcasm)

If you can turn off your Habs hate for a second, and are willing to read the TRUTH, I will educate you a little.

The Canadiens had a 'territorial rights draft' where they had the right to protect 2 players every year. I would like you to tell me which players did the Canadiens obtain with this privelege? I will save you lots of wasted hours. Here is the list of all the NHLers obtained by this draft:

- Rejean Houle
- Marc Tardif.

That's it, that's all.

You're welcome.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Did they really??? (sarcasm)

If you can turn off your Habs hate for a second, and are willing to read the TRUTH, I will educate you a little.

The Canadiens had a 'territorial rights draft' where they had the right to protect 2 players every year. I would like you to tell me which players did the Canadiens obtain with this privelege? I will save you lots of wasted hours. Here is the list of all the NHLers obtained by this draft:

- Rejean Houle
- Marc Tardif.

That's it, that's all.

You're welcome.
Your wasting your time. The haters will use every excuse they can come up with.
Imagine coming up with the idea that the only reason the Habs won so many cups was because they had the rights to Rejean Houle and Marc Tardif. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Caufield in NYR would do so much damage… he isn’t producing here but it’s a matter of confidence and linemates right now. You can clearly see his offensive upside

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Caufield in NYR would do so much damage… he isn’t producing here but it’s a matter of confidence and linemates right now. You can clearly see his offensive upside

only reason Laf isn’t putting up better numbers is because he’s behind Panarin and Kreider …. He ideally gets comfortable on RW and then gets too 6 and PP time

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
NHL Gms dont give up on consensus 1st overall picks after 16months. Laf has the pedigree to be the consensus pick 1st overall when he was 15years old. NYR aren't trading him and if they did the price would be a hell of a lot more than Caufeild. Caufeild and 2 firsts might get it done. That said MTL is brutal with very little in the cupboard so trading what will probably amount to, 2 top 5 picks, maybe top 3 picks would be stupid of them.

wraparound

May 17, 2014
I’d love for Anaheim to go after Caufield. his chemistry & friendship with Zegras is undeniable & the two could be the next dynamic duo for the new era.

1st + Perreault?

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
I’d love for Anaheim to go after Caufield. his chemistry & friendship with Zegras is undeniable & the two could be the next dynamic duo for the new era.

1st + Perreault?
Unless that first is top 10 if not higher Montreal has zero reason to move him. It'd take MacTavish or a very high 1st to make sense.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
only reason Laf isn’t putting up better numbers is because he’s behind Panarin and Kreider …. He ideally gets comfortable on RW and then gets too 6 and PP time
I am not saying that Laf is better or Caufield is better I am just looking at NYR lineup and I think Caufield would fit in good that’s all. I wouldn’t do Laf for Caufield+ if Im the NYR

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
he’s not counted on to be a tremendous point producer yet. Nor does he get 1st/2nd line minutes with our best offensive players, or 1PP time.
Most top 3 picks don’t have the blessing/curse of being drafted to a team where the 2 players ahead of you at your position On the depth chart are Panarin and Kreider. Both playing the best hockey of their careers currently.
The rangers are bringing him along slow like they did Kakko. I’d expect LaF to step in a bigger role next season when strome likely prices himself out of ny next year.
Saying Caufield is the better overall player now Or in the future is incorrect. They are both at different stages in their development currently. Both guys have to work on some things.
LaF currently has nhl size/talent and a tremendous ceiling that if he hits will be a real game breaker. But he needs to work on his skating to be a more dangerous player.
Caufield needs to work on the holes in his game so he can be a solid top 6 everyday player who doesn’t get pushed around or be a non factor when the game gets physical.
At this point, the only thing that Caufield has shown over LaF was the ability to step in and provide scoring on a team that was in a hot run in the playoffs when given the opportunity.
That doesn’t mean Laf won’t do the same when he gets his chance and his overall role and situational use increases.
This thread is ridiculous as a whole because the rangers aren’t trading LaF period.
They wouldn’t give him up for a healthy Eichel as the main part of the package when Adams inquired, they definitely aren’t trading him for Caufield and a 2nd, so it’s a moot point.

Strome leaving isn't going to give him a "bigger role" next year when they play 2 different positions. How is it going to be any different?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad