Confirmed with Link: Carter Hart Officially Charged With One Count Of Sexual Assault (Per His Lawyers); Non-roster, salary cap info in OP

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
If they ever wanted to implement a “Caucasians” to balance out the Indian themed team names Utah would be probably be the most applicable.
s-l1600.png

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island
Anyone going to bat for the accused at this point is hopefully just poorly informed. Go read. This whole thing is very not-positive.
You could just quote me next time ;)

Not going to bat just playing Devil's advocate because this isn't 1:1 black and white, cut and dry. The woman was taken advantage of to a degree - but how bout you leave the hotel room if it's that bad?

If it got physical and they forcibly prevented her from leaving the room then she wouldn't even be talking to Player #1 the following day and called the cops herself.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Not going to bat just playing Devil's advocate because this isn't 1:1 black and white, cut and dry. The woman was taken advantage of to a degree - but how bout you leave the hotel room if it's that bad?

If it got physical and they forcibly prevented her from leaving the room then she wouldn't even be talking to Player #1 the following day and called the cops herself.
You should probably do a little research about these types of situations. All of that is completely common in these situations.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

It isn't just you; Several people have done this, so it is a general comment.

Do you know anyone who has been sexually assaulted? Your final sentence is very often how it doesn't work. It's a traumatic event. It does not play out that way more often than it does.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC

You're saying it isn't so cut and dry, then telling us about a cut and dry example that obviously because she didn't leave she wasn't that taken advantage of?

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
See this shit is why I am pretty much a teetotaler in social situations. Also bc I was never that into alcohol and bc now it is just a known toxin and don't feel like it impacting my health and life spans nor my Jeff Carter Greek god like physique. Nonetheless, I still socially drink on rare and special occassions but luckily I am the type that wants to be in control of my wits. This actually probably saved me as a teen and college during the times I was fairly inebriated. Sucks that north american society is so alcohol centric when it comes to social activitities and having fun but apparently Gen Z is not so alcohol centric but the booze industry won't stop them from advertising the sex, booze and fun theme during the superbowl....

Edit: Actually good news but not for the alcohol industry

Last edited:

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Her report didn't indicate being held against her will which is why I used that example.
That's part of the problem with people who "play devil's advocate" or defend people accused of SA is what sounds like a fundamental lack of understanding as to what goes into these situations. And to be clear, saying "I'm just playing devil's advocate" is the same thing as defending the person. Being at a party and getting SA'ed there may never have been a threat of violence or anyone saying someone can't leave. That isn't really any more of a defense to SA than saying "well what were they wearing?" or "were they flirting" and so forth and so on. In general, if you feel the need to video someone telling you that it is ok...it probably isn't ok. And if both parties are drunk, that doesn't give someone the right to do anything. The onus should NOT be on the victim here to make sure they aren't SA'ed.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Her report didn't indicate being held against her will which is why I used that example.

In the claim, which has not been tested in court, E.M. said that on the night of June 18, she went to a bar in downtown London, where she met some members of the junior hockey team, who were there celebrating after the gala. E.M. said that throughout the night, she became increasingly intoxicated and at one point left with one of the players. The pair went back to his hotel where they engaged in consensual sexual activity.

But later, E.M. alleged that the player invited his teammates into the room without her knowledge. For the next several hours, she was sexually assaulted, the claim states. E.M. was terrified and went along with the players’ requests, at times crying and attempting to leave, but the players then “directed, manipulated and intimidated” her to stay, the lawsuit alleges.
The Globe story also revealed a text-message conversation between E.M. and the player she initially left the bar with.

The player begins by asking E.M. whether she had gone to the police.

The woman said she had spoken to her mother and her mother had called police against her wishes.

“You said you were having fun,” the player wrote.

“I was really drunk, didn’t feel good about it at all after. But I’m not trying to get anyone in trouble,” she replied.

“I was okay with going home with you, it was everyone else afterwards that I wasn’t expecting. I just felt like I was being made fun of and taken advantage of.”

Reactions: Crescent Street

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
You could just quote me next time.

Do you think your statement of "it isn't so cut and dry" also applies to your statement of "she wasn't held against her will, so she wasn't that taken advantage of"? Just wondering.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Light touch might have to turn into the NKVD touch, geez. The Beefshevik Revolution of Glorious Positivity will survive at all costs.

For those who don't get this, things have been deleted. For those who desire to post deleteable things, could you perhaps not?
For reference to NKVD, nominated: Post of the Day!

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island
Couldn't give 2 shits about these kids and if they get convicted. If all the evidence laid out convicts them, then good, they deserve it. Not defending them.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC

That's an oof.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
I’m sure women involved in something like this just want to survive, not make the situation worse, and mollify the perpetrator(s). Maybe she could have tried leaving but she knows she’d be running a risk of possibly being killed or really roughed up. I’d bet the mindset is just get it over without too much damage

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Couldn't give 2 shits about these kids and if they get convicted. If all the evidence laid out convicts them, then good, they deserve it. Not defending them.
You may not be defending them directly but you’re demonstrating a complete lack of understanding of how these situations happen which in society is a major reason why these types of things happen and go unpunished or recognized.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
It isn't just you; Several people have done this, so it is a general comment.

Do you know anyone who has been sexually assaulted? Your final sentence is very often how it doesn't work. It's a traumatic event. It does not play out that way more often than it does.

Yes.........ex-high school girlfriend. Gang raped at the resevoir in northern Delaware.

Extremely nice person. Both she and boyfriend were severely beaten-up as well.

Meet up with her a few years later, you could see the pain.

She actually lived next to my brother in Newark. He said she would go to work at the supermarket, come home and shut the door and block all the windows. Eventually she left to places unknown.

What is really weird and spooky. I had a dream about her last night.

BTW........all were convicted and senetenced to life

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad