Rumor: Carolina had a deal in place for Gibson at the deadline, but backed out

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
What would the package for Gibson look like?

Maybe Aho and then the fun game of who adds what? I don't see bob doing that. They don't seem like good trade partners, especially if they were serious about Eichel, like suggested, they could just add him to the trade pile up there.

This is Eddie O reaching for something to fill the dead air.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I remember posting about how they had the pieces to do it at the deadline. I believe I was called out for my suggestion of Jake Bean plus a large package of futures.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I remember posting about how they had the pieces to do it at the deadline. I believe I was called out for my suggestion of Jake Bean plus a large package of futures.

I like Bean but lhd is not what the primary piece should be for us. We need scorers who are young and ideally a center (note the Eichel interest)

Jan 21, 2018
Maybe Aho and then the fun game of who adds what? I don't see bob doing that. They don't seem like good trade partners, especially if they were serious about Eichel, like suggested, they could just add him to the trade pile up there.

This is Eddie O reaching for something to fill the dead air.

Aho for Gibson? Looks like I found Don Waddell’s hfboards account.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I like Bean but lhd is not what the primary piece should be for us. We need scorers who are young and ideally a center (note the Eichel interest)
Look at Carolina's farm system. They're stocked with valuable trade chips at forward. If anything, that trade return would help mitigate the pieces you'd lose in a potential Eichel deal.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
again, just an idea. this isn't a trade offer. It's "what would a gibson trade look like" and it's not even an unreasonable one. I never said it was a 1 for 1 swap.

Aho for Gibson is absolutely an unreasonable one, what the hell are you talking about? lol.

When has a goaltender ever been moved for a first line center?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad