Confirmed Signing with Link: [DET] F Patrick Kane signs extension with the Red Wings (1 year, $4M; $2.5M in bonuses)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
Did it bother Hawks fans when he signed with Detroit? Has the rivalry been neutered by the Wings moving to the Eastern Conference? It's almost like that brief stint Bryan Trottier did as head coach for the Rangers of all teams. Or am I just stuck in the past?

Naw, doesn’t bother me at all. Detroit moving to the east definitely helped, but even more so it’s the fact that even before they moved it had been decades since the two teams were competitive at the same time. There was a brief overlap around 2009 when the Hawks started getting good and Detroit was losing a bit of steam, but other than that when was the last time both teams were good at the same time? I’m 54 and I can’t even remember a time when both teams were good and fighting it out with each other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad