Rumor: Carolina had a deal in place for Gibson at the deadline, but backed out

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
Got news for ya. Every team had “almost” deals in place for lots of different players. Big whopping huge nothingburger to be ignored.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Carolina is the Avalanche East.

Amazing roster that needs their GM to blow his load to get them over the top and instead they just keep skirting around the edges and thinking they are the smartest man in the room.

Sakic officially became the smartest person in the room by getting Toews for two 2nds.

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
Aho for Gibson is absolutely an unreasonable one, what the hell are you talking about? lol.

When has a goaltender ever been moved for a first line center?

Again, I never said he was the only component. I never even said he was the main one. I said bob probably tries to get Aho, and gibson is involved.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Again, I never said he was the only component. I never even said he was the main one. I said bob probably tries to get Aho, and gibson is involved.

Gibson, Zegras and their 1st?

Aho is a PPG game player that is 15th amongst forwards in terms of raw production the last three years. Why in the hell would Carolina move Aho for a goaltender? He's a franchise player.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Price must have been crazy. Gibson puts them over the top so as long as it was for futures why not?

plus that's really the only piece they're missing... a goalie

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Aho is a PPG game player that is 15th amongst forwards in terms of raw production the last three years. Why in the hell would Carolina move Aho for a goaltender? He's a franchise player.
Ya kinda a dumb premise... you dont trade your star player to make tha type of move

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
This rumor was most likely as we knew Gibson was being shopped despite what the GM says. I can guarantee you pitt has approached them about Gibson and they talked....there may he more teams but it will be am east team

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA

I would imagine Anaheim still has to add for Aho, but for the bolded that's almost the ask for franchise player Jack Eichel. Zegras, Gibson, 3OA, ++

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Price must have been crazy. Gibson puts them over the top so as long as it was for futures why not?

plus that's really the only piece they're missing... a goalie
We couldn't score vs Tampa. Canes still need more forward depth and a top 4 d-man if Dougie leaves which seems more likely every passing day.

Reactions: abo9

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I'd guess that the big piece on the table was Necas or Jarvis. I'm hoping they can still make some deal work because Carolina needs a goalie now more than ever which is saying something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad