Player Discussion Carey Price - Moving Home Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Team success part of it also.
He dragged bad teams to first place finishes and playoff upsets. He got a crap team to the finals and likely would have done it twice if not getting run. He had the team in first place until getting hurt and that same team fell to last when he went in the IR. Very few players in the league can have that kind of impact on a team.

He did everything but win a cup.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
He dragged bad teams to first place finishes and playoff upsets. He got a crap team to the finals and likely would have done it twice if not getting run. He had the team in first place until getting hurt and that same team fell to last when he went in the IR. Very few players in the league can have that kind of impact on a team.

He did everything but win a cup.
Doesn't seem right because Price not associated with winning. Where all the others are. Kind of puts blemish on why jerseys are up there

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Doesn't seem right because Price not associated with winning. Where all the others are. Kind of puts blemish on why jerseys are up there
He won the Hart… I don’t think it’d be a blemish at all. He’s a HOFer who I think deserves it. He played on crap teams and still will make the HOF. As a goalie that’s really hard to do.

As I said, more and more superstars will retire without cups. It’s inevitable now with 32 teams in the league.

Last edited:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
He won the Hart… I don’t think it’d be a blemish at all. He’s a HOFer who I think deserves it. He played on crap teams and still will make the HOF. As a goalie that’s really hard to do.

As I said, more and more superstars will retire without cups. It’s inevitable now with 32 teams in the league.
Theodore won Hart too. Just don't seem right. Winning is factor. Puts blemish on all those cups

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Theodore won Hart too. Just don't seem right. Winning is factor. Puts blemish on all those cups
Theodore only won that Hart because a writer in Quebec left Iginla’s name off the ballot entirely. Moreover, Theo is not close to a HOF player.

I have yet to see how it ‘blemishes’ past cup winners by honouring a HOFer who won everything but the cup.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013

You make it sound like Price has a reputation of a loser. Like a Joe Thornton or something.

Price has a stellar reputation. Every year in the NHLPA player polls, he kept being voted best goalie/most reliable goalie to win with or whatever. He also has arguably the 2nd greatest international run ever for a goalie (2014 olympics) and might be #1 in canadian history for goalies internationally, where he's won often.

No he didn't win a cup, but I think his reputation is still that of a winner.

Do you guys think Price stays with the organization in a coaching, or player development kind of role?
He could be a great mentor to all kids, and not just young goaltenders...

He seems like the type of guy whose going to enjoy a quiet retirement with family when the time comes, so I don't think so. I could see him be some sort of ambassador, showing up for big events and such, but an active every day coaching job? I'd be shocked.

Also - it ain't over till it's over. I won't buy into his retirement until it's official.

Theodore only won that Hart because a writer in Quebec left Iginla’s name off the ballot entirely. Moreover, Theo is not close to a HOF player.

I have yet to see how it ‘blemishes’ past cup winners by honouring a HOFer who won everything but the cup.

OMG that absolutely ridicuous take has got to die.

Iginla had 61 writers give him a hart vote that year....Theodore only 58. Meaninng 3 more writers left off Theodore from their ballot entirely...why is no one accusing them of bias?
Theodore also had more 1st place hart votes (26 to 23) than Iginla.

Theodore won fair and square, and deserved it, and no one was robbed. It was just a close vote, as there has often been for the hart.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
You make it sound like Price has a reputation of a loser. Like a Joe Thornton or something.
This is such a crazy thing to say. What makes Joe Thornton a "loser" but Carey Price not?

Do you guys think Price stays with the organization in a coaching, or player development kind of role?
He could be a great mentor to all kids, and not just young goaltenders...
Price doesn't strike me as a bright hockey mind nor does he seem like the type of guy who likes hockey enough to make it his career after hockey.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
You are only making a point of any value here if Jose Theodore wasn't also left off of some ballots entirely.
He wasn’t, nor should he have been. He had a great year. It was a close vote but one jackass scratched Iggy from the ballot. Should have his voting rights revoked.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
This is such a crazy thing to say. What makes Joe Thornton a "loser" but Carey Price not?
One big difference between the two: Price showed up in the playoffs. He’s actually better in the playoffs than the regular season.

Thornton a loser? I’ll leave that discussion for another thread. :laugh:

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
He wasn’t, nor should he have been. He had a great year. It was a close vote but one jackass scratched Iggy from the ballot. Should have his voting rights revoked.

I'm not sure that is true. Nor have I ever seen any actual evidence that a Quebec-based journalist is responsible for leaving Iginla off a ballot.

That being said, I don't think it's that egregious to leave Iginla off in the first place. Frankly I'm surprised there weren't more people that didn't remove Iginla entirely simply because the Flames weren't a playoff team.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013

Price doesn't strike me as a bright hockey mind nor does he seem like the type of guy who likes hockey enough to make it his career after hockey.
steve-harvey.gif

Team success part of it also.
You'd think so, but no, not really.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
What is it about moving home to BC while still being paid 10.5m per year to be a Montreal Canadien that suggests to you he really likes being around the team?

Carey wants to go fishing and wear cowboy hats. The closest he'll get to a management position was when he blanked out on the draft table this June.

Not saying he'll never get a token position in the organization, but he shouldn't. He played 154 games on a 104 million dollar contract.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
What is it about moving home to BC while still being paid 10.5m per year to be a Montreal Canadien that suggests to you he really likes being around the team?

Carey wants to go fishing and wear cowboy hats. The closest he'll get to a management position was when he blanked out on the draft table this June.

Not saying he'll never get a token position in the organization, but he shouldn't. He played 154 games on a 104 million dollar contract.
I think his performance at the draft ensures that he won’t have a job with us. :laugh:

“David… uh…”

• Haha
Reactions: Redux91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad