Value of: Carey Price at the 2017 Entry Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
I'm not debating who has more value between Nash and Price. You can clearly see that within my post. That's not any of my business. Have that one out with whoever you're responding to.

However, you attempt to tell me that you knew that Nash was injured when it's clear as day that you didn't and then on top of that, make absurd claims about Nash while ignoring the same criteria to criticize Nash while making an analysis of Price.

All I'm saying is don't hold price on a pedestal while lowering the axe on Nash when you're using the same criteria to critique the two of them.

You should learn to read before posting. Will help everyone not wasting their time. Including yours.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
False perceptions on Nash. OMG!:laugh:

The guy broke 70 pts once in his 13 yr career..No matter how you try to paint the picture that is below expectations.:shakehead

you do realize thats he posted 40 goals multiple time and in the lock out year he was nearly a ppg?? All that as a pure power forward who can play in his own zone!

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Nuge + Talbot + 2017 1st (could be anywhere from 9-16th) for Price. Would be willing to take a dump like Emelin to offset cap.

CharlesHabsFan

Jun 28, 2012
Sherbrooke, QC
It’s a hypothetical scenario where Price states that he will not re-sign.

Then he hits UFA status no ? Why would any team make a trade for an upcoming UFA that stated he will walk free when they can just sign him July 1st ?

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
you do realize thats he posted 40 goals multiple time and in the lock out year he was nearly a ppg?? All that as a pure power forward who can play in his own zone!

And if OV only posted over 70 pts once in his career we wouldn't hear the end of it.
Like i said once over 69 pts in his 13 yr career to date = underachievement.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
Nuge + Talbot + 2017 1st (could be anywhere from 9-16th) for Price. Would be willing to take a dump like Emelin to offset cap.

Patches and DD + 2017 FOR McDavid. would be willing to take a cap dump like Fayne .

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
How funny would it be if the Sens or Leafs signed him when he hit free agency?

And then he kept getting hurt.

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
I think if Price stays healthy Montreal will be in the playoffs. They have a good enough roster that with Price in there they will go to the playoffs. I don't think they will be trading him. Plus for whatever reason teams don't seem to want to pay a premium price for a goalie these days. Guys like Price, Lundqvist, and Bishop have been so valuable to their respective teams and their success that I find it hard to believe why other teams with similar rosters wouldn't want to give something valuable to be in the same position. Cap space and prospects seem to be of higher value to them.

Because didn't you know that every player over the age of 26 who makes more than $5m per is a bad acquisition in a cap league, regardless of talent? It's all about cost controlled 22 year olds with POTENTIAL bro!

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Interesting - What a polarizing thread, good for me.

In a vacuum I would argue with an extension in place, Price has more value than a Gaudreau also with an extension in place. Price is one of best players at the most important position. So doubt your deal gets Montreal's interest.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Carey Price is a UFA the same year than the Sedin's... My gut feeling tells me that Vancouver will go ALL IN for Price, something like 80M for 7 years.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Carey Price is a UFA the same year than the Sedin's... My gut feeling tells me that Vancouver will go ALL IN for Price, something like 80M for 7 years.

Good lord.

Are we really thinking Price will get 10+ million for 8 years (Habs) or 7 years elsewhere if he can stay healthy?

I mean, goalies like him are THAT important if you have one I'm sure, but paying them like that seems so risky.

Lovethiscity

Nov 9, 2014
Tampa, FL
Then he hits UFA status no ? Why would any team make a trade for an upcoming UFA that stated he will walk free when they can just sign him July 1st ?

That's precisely the question the op is asking. That's what's being discussed. Your response was "they wouldn't trade Price" when the scenario is one where they lose him as part of the hypothetical. You're so reluctant to even entertain the question you proposed the thread be locked :biglaugh:

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
That's precisely the question the op is asking. That's what's being discussed. Your response was "they wouldn't trade Price" when the scenario is one where they lose him as part of the hypothetical. You're so reluctant to even entertain the question you proposed the thread be locked :biglaugh:

a fan in FLorida?? wow im amazed:amazed::amazed::amazed:

Cubs2024wildcard

Hung out with Livvy Dunne. You didnt.
Apr 29, 2015
At his cap hit and his history of injury and age, he doesnt have as much value for one year as many wish to believe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad