Value of: Carey Price at the 2017 Entry Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
Well that's the problem, goalies don't score goals.

I don't want to be a bubble team for the next 5 years. I'm more confident with a great team with a good goalie than a good team with a great goalie. 2004 was enough of that for me. Every win felt like a gift. I want to be the better hockey team.

Well there's the difference.

Montreal's built from the net out. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Say in 2014-15 when Price had his best year, Therrien rolled this:

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Andrighetto-Plekanec-Parenteau
Desharnais-Eller-DSP
Prust-Mitchell-Weise

Markov-Subban
Beaulieu-Petry
Emelin-Gilbert

We'd probably have been better off than this:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Weise
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Prust-Eller-Flynn
Bournival-Mitchell-PAP

Or whatever the **** he put together on the ice was.

The team this year with the return of Price is very strong.

Net out -

Price
Montoya

Barberio-Beaulieu
Petry-Emelin
Weber-Markov (Probably what MT's gonna do)

Byron-Mitchell-Danault
Shaw-Desharnais-Andrighetto
Hudon/Carr-Plekanec-Gallagher
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Radulov

Us Canadiens fans have been hoping for years not to have every win feel like a gift & hope the team can score goals. Now we have the roster to do it, but will the coaching staff help them or hold them back like previous years?

When we had Kirk Muller in 07-11 our PP was ranked 2nd over that time I believe. Hoping having him back will get the PP on track.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
What's your point? There are millions of hockey fans in Florida. That's not what you're talking about; you're talking about Panthers and Lightning fans. Anything you can come up with that you think would insult me, right? :popcorn:

How DARE someone say Carey Price won't always be in Montreal? :D

There are, true, but how many of them are canadiens fans or Canadian teams fans? Or how many of those viewers are canadians?

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
You don't know what your point is?
His point seems to be canadians this & that and nothing else. If argued with he goes for "relax just a joke" -angle. That's just something I observed. Then again "idk".

Healthy Price looking for biggest goalie deal of NHL history with his "fragile" past? I hope Ducks stay out of that race for sure. That doesn't mean Price couldn't be worth it, but spending that much on a goalie and the fact cap doesn't seem to rise could be catastrophic.

there was no point made, if u remember i just made a joke and u went all berserk on it. lol. If I was trying to make a point I would say Florida is not a hockey market and the only reason they have fans is because of the winning and a large audience being Canadians and not mericans.
Zing

Last edited:

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
You don't know what your point is?

there was no point made, if u remember i just made a joke and u went all berserk on it. lol. If I was trying to make a point I would say Florida is not a hockey market and the only reason they have fans is because of the winning and a large audience being Canadians and not mericans.

Lovethiscity

Nov 9, 2014
Tampa, FL

I went all berserk? The way some people perceive things... you must be one of the fans at Centre Bell who cheers every time one of your players loses his footing and immediately boos when you don't get the call. Well I hope Montreal fans aren't the fair-weather types like us Floridians; your days are numbered.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I went all berserk? The way some people perceive things... you must be one of the fans at Centre Bell who cheers every time one of your players loses his footing and immediately boos when you don't get the call. Well I hope Montreal fans aren't the fair-weather types like us Floridians; your days are numbered.

LOL getting personal real fast. For the record i dont even go to the Bell Center. And I doubt what u said at the end comes true.

Lovethiscity

Nov 9, 2014
Tampa, FL
LOL getting personal real fast. For the record i dont even go to the Bell Center. And I doubt what u said at the end comes true.

Why would I get personal? I'm not nearly as passionate as you folks up north. Just waiting for the next playoff game... Don't worry about the future. Even when Montreal loses, they still outplay everyone in their fans' eyes :D

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Why would I get personal? I'm not nearly as passionate as you folks up north. Just waiting for the next playoff game... Don't worry about the future. Even when Montreal loses, they still outplay everyone in their fans' eyes :D

If you only knew the feeling around habs fans after this past season.....

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Ottawa would offer Cody Ceci, Colin White, Craig Anderson and a top 6 player of Montreal's choosing for Price.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Ottawa would offer Cody Ceci, Colin White, Craig Anderson and a top 6 player of Montreal's choosing for Price.

we can get more from edm. Plus ott in the same divsion would have to offer more to entice any divisional trades.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I read many a post from montreal fans here on hf and enjoyed every minute of it

No no, they are confident of some individual players and why woudlnt they be? They habe Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Pacs, Price, Radulov and Weber to be proud of. As such they are confident for the upcoming season. However the past season has everyone cautious and less confidence.

Lovethiscity

Nov 9, 2014
Tampa, FL
No no, they are confident of some individual players and why woudlnt they be? They habe Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Pacs, Price, Radulov and Weber to be proud of. As such they are confident for the upcoming season. However the past season has everyone cautious and less confidence.

confident, cautious, delusional, just another season of hockey in montreal

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Well I can't tell you you're not delusional; that's the very nature delusion. We'll all see how long into the season it takes for reality to set in :popcorn:

lol I wouldnt be surprised if they miss out of the playoffs but damn how did i turn u into such a habs hater??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad