Confirmed Buy-Out [CAR] Patrick Marleau

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Huck Cheever

Sep 27, 2018
Don't think Marleau wanted to act like a child with the Hurricanes celebrations... not that they'd have many of those this season.

Marleau goes back to SJ IMO.

Mikenusca

Mar 30, 2016
The good thing is you get to sit here and feel morally superior over contradictions between strangers on the internet, truly a big day in beauchamp history.
He’s not wrong though. I remember when the leafs traded for Dion, then couldn’t wait to ship him out of town, same goes for Kessel and other star players. Can’t wait in a few years when Matthews and Tavares become the scapegoats

Reactions: EP40 AKA Lil Wayne

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Don't think Marleau wanted to act like a child with the Hurricanes celebrations... not that they'd have many of those this season.

Marleau goes back to SJ IMO.
Marleau has said for weeks that he’s moving his family back to California. It only takes a few seconds to research that. This has nothing to do with Carolina as a team. They were just the team that could facilitate the buy-out so he could head back. Everybody knows this.

Oh, re: your jab at Carolina. This past season.

Canes: 99 points and no cap hell
VGN: 93 points and cap hell
:dunno:

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Marleau has said for weeks that he’s moving his family back to California. It only takes a few seconds to research that. This has nothing to do with Carolina as a team. They were just the team that could facilitate the buy-out so he could head back. Everybody knows this.

Oh, re: your jab at Carolina. This past season.

Canes: 99 points and no cap hell
VGN: 93 points and cap hell
:dunno:
That is exactly true. Marleau wanted California or Toronto.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
yep, 35+ contract doesn't have any cap relief

It affects only the salary that the player will receive
yep, and as you said it only affects Marleau's salary since he is owed 3m of the 4,25m in signing bonus. So he gets around 3,833m of the 4,25m he would have gotten if he wasnt bought out.

Torontoborn

Jan 9, 2019
If that first rd pick turns out. And the Canes can be picking as high as #11 in 2020. Or if the pick reverts to 2021 when it is unprotected as high as #1. The Canes really could go over on this deal even more.

Now back to reality! Lots of "if's". The pick will be used next year and will be somewhere between 20-32.

Reactions: jasonleaffan

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
He has already waived. We know this because he was traded. But he has apparently told them he will not play there.

Yes, and he wouldn’t have waived if he hadn’t been assured by Carolina that they’d buy him out if that’s what he wanted.

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Not really. If they miss on this pick, but hit with their other first round pick, it's still worth it.
Yes, with more picks you can swing for the fences. A nice deal for Carolina however you look at it.

It's the kind of thing the Leafs would have done if they had cap space; and if they had HFBoards would scream bloody murder.

I'm happy for the Leafs and the Canes -- they both win here.

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Now back to reality! Lots of "if's". The pick will be used next year and will be somewhere between 20-32.
Now there you go talking about reality. Reality doesn't fit the narrative.

The narrative is that Leafs management completely screwed this and every other decision they have made or will make because the possibility exists that this pick could be the 2021 #1 overall.

Reality has nothing to do with it.

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
He’s not wrong though. I remember when the leafs traded for Dion, then couldn’t wait to ship him out of town, same goes for Kessel and other star players. Can’t wait in a few years when Matthews and Tavares become the scapegoats

Why are you so looking forward to this?

Do you have an axe to grind?

Torontoborn

Jan 9, 2019
Now there you go talking about reality. Reality doesn't fit the narrative.

The narrative is that Leafs management completely screwed this and every other decision they have made or will make because the possibility exists that this pick could be the 2021 #1 overall.

Reality has nothing to do with it.

I have a better chance of getting struck by lightning. This pick will be 20 and up next year! That's the price you have to pay for a Lou screw up.

Reactions: Ciao

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
The good thing is you get to sit here and feel morally superior over contradictions between strangers on the internet, truly a big day in beauchamp history.
:skeptic:

"Morally superior " ?

In your Bizarro world, maybe...

Mind you, if it was a compliment, I have to thank you, I guess, while knowing that you are wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad