Confirmed Buy-Out [CAR] Patrick Marleau

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
He just left the Leafs.

Of course he's done...

:bb:

Must be those dumb Leafs fans, can't be the fact that he's objectively an offensive black hole by just about any metric you choose. Most of us have wanted him off the ice since January.

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
Yea, but if that was the plan from the beginning that it was a **** plan. This was a horrible signing that cost us a 1st round pick to get rid of. This was not the plan.

42 goals in two seasons for a first round pick is not too shabby at all.

Not to mention he was brought in to mentor the young guns so we didn't have a bunch of 19 year olds stepping a little too high.

I was never a Marleau fan in the slightest but understood the signing from day 1. It sucks to give up a first but it was well worth it.

Reactions: Spargon

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
42 goals in two seasons for a first round pick is not too shabby at all.

Not to mention he was brought in to mentor the young guns so we didn't have a bunch of 19 year olds stepping a little too high.

I was never a Marleau fan in the slightest but understood the signing from day 1. It sucks to give up a first but it was well worth it.

Plus that first allows them to sign two 20 goal rookies.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Must be those dumb Leafs fans, can't be the fact that he's objectively an offensive black hole by just about any metric you choose. Most of us have wanted him off the ice since January.
And yet they were so happy 2 years ago...

It goes round and round and round.

"We got Burke !"

"Burkey is gone :clap:"

"We got Lou !"

"Lou was terrible :banghead: "

"We got Babcock !"

They're coming for you Babcock.

"Egocock and his good ol'pros :cry: "

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
And yet they were so happy 2 years ago...

It goes round and round and round.

"We got Burke !"

"Burkey is gone :clap:"

"We got Lou !"

"Lou was terrible :banghead: "

"We got Babcock !"

They're coming for you Babcock.

"Egocock and his good ol'pros :cry: "

The good thing is you get to sit here and feel morally superior over contradictions between strangers on the internet, truly a big day in beauchamp history.

Reactions: Pyrophorus

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
That seems like a pointless question to ask given he's already stated on numerous occasions that he wants to play and since he's going to get paid at least 4 million for whatever he ends up doing this season, I think he'll be alright with the money he brings in. lol

Sorry - I don't follow his every statement. Any team that pays him 4 mil deserves what it gets.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Believe it or not there are a lot of players that are more interested in winning a cup than making more money at this stage of their career. Also, it is very hard for a lot of players to accept retirement after playing in the NHL for 20 years. As far as the abuse his body will take, playing another season is a lot less concerning when it comes to Marleau considering how healthy he has been his whole career. Its not like he has had multiple concussions or knee surgery.

True - but he needs to realize that he isn't a kid of 30 any more.

TopG

Averaging over a like per post
Mar 2, 2018
GTA
The real yikes is that Toronto signed the contract and had to give up actual value for someone else to buy him out.

Nothing yikes about this from Carolina's perspective. What are you even talking about?
:huh:

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
As expected.

Savvy move by Carolina. They got a 1st and also get a $6.5M cap hit this year for $3-4M in real dollars, which is useful for a budget team that, depending on what Aho signs for, may have to ensure they stay above the cap floor if they want to ship out more salary (like Faulk, for example).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad