Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] Brett Pesce Agree to new contract (6 years, $4.025M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
That means they're likely going to have

Faulk: 4.833 million X 3 years
Slavin: 5.3 million X 7 years
Pesce: 4.025 million X 6 years
Hanifin: ~4-6 million X x years

18-20 million dollars for a stellar top 4 all at 25 years or younger for long-term? Crazy good.

I don't see Hanifin getting that yet. I foresee a 2-3 year bridge deal at like $3 million.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
If I ever get my meeting, lunch, whatever with Alexandra Daddario, I'm going to get Francis to negotiate the clothing optional part.

Joking aside. Great deal for the Canes. Surprised Pesce agreed to that deal honestly.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
And yet some people still think Francis is one of the worst GMs in the Metro division. I just don't get it.

I don't really see anyone saying that but granted I don't spend a lot of time on the main board. I mostly see people giving him respect and admiring the job he's done while understanding the limitations he works with.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
I don't see Hanifin getting that yet. I foresee a 2-3 year bridge deal at like $3 million.

I could see him wanting a big contract like Slavin and Pesce just got. He's the highest pick of them all and probably wants to be treated like it. But who knows, could want a bridge. It just seems like Francis is pretty good about getting them their money now for cheap.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Good for them. I have always like the Canes organization. Really classy throughout their history.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
People confused about why he signs such a reasonable contract, they will both get at least 1 UFA period to get even more and 24 million is more then enough for him to be set for life and his kids and his kids kids. At some point part of his contracts value is also leaving room to have money for other guys to stay or bring in to win. These guys aren't stupid they know they are a team on the rise and the best thing for him is to make a fair contract while also helping his team improve. It's stuff you see in other cap sports like Tim Duncan. You would think the amount Connor McDavid could make in endorsements alone would give him the ability to take less then 12 mil but... not everyone has the same motives.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
I could see him wanting a big contract like Slavin and Pesce just got. He's the highest pick of them all and probably wants to be treated like it. But who knows, could want a bridge. It just seems like Francis is pretty good about getting them their money now for cheap.

Except he's nowhere near as good as the two of them right now. If Pesce's getting $4 million, there's absolutely no way he or his agent can even think of asking anything close to that at the moment.

Now, if he waits until next offseason (which IMO is probably likely)? Sure, we may see a long term deal. That all depends on if he takes that next step this coming season or not, which we all expect him to do.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Slavin/Pesce for the next 7+ years for less than $10 million combined. Not bad for a 1st pair.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
The insane hype about all those young Canes defensemen somehow eludes me.

Don't see how that's a bargain in any way shape or form. Sounds pretty effin' pricey as far as I'm concerned.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
To be fair, he may have 'completed' the task, but it's all up to Darling as to whether he's a #1 or not.

Well this is true

I'm still trying to get over the fact I can't yell "lackooooooo tacoooooooooooo" every game this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad