Speculation: Caps Roster General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines/etc) | 2024-25 Summer Edition

wickedwitch

Mar 21, 2010
Of note given the recent topic of conversation, Duhaime wore 12 with the Avs....

I think they should retire 12/37, but if they aren't going to do that, they should let other players wear them.

Reactions: Calicaps

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Here’s what you can take away from this, Jimi will be the best player on this team. Carberry knows this, and will facilitate.

Super excited for October.
Y’all really getting on the Lappy hype train.

I hope you’re right.

I can see every player in that roster sliding all the way up to 1st and down to 4th line at every position, except Ovie is locked at 1LW and Strome/PLD will be some combo of 1C/2C. Maybe Dowd locked in at 4C but the TOI could make that a moot assignment.

Beyond that, who knows.

Not sure if that's good or bad. For flexibility and line adjustments it's clearly good. But it could also mean we don't really have a clear distinction among our top 6 and bottom 6 especially on the wing. That usually means you lack the top guys instead of the other way around.
We are definitely lacking top 6 guys. But I’m fine with leaving it open for young guys to earn it.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
No. Contract max is the contract max. Only way around it is a contract slide.

Sounds like Lucas is gone in that case.

Nevermind. They are at 47.

Yeah, sorry, after my initial post about them being at the contract max CapFriendly updated the status to reflect the Parascak, Protas, and Allen contracts as being exempt from the 50 contract limit. @wickedwitch saw it and commented.

(Though I'm truthfully not clear why those 3 are exempt but Cristall's ELC is not. He seems to hit all of the requirements for a contract to be exempted as well - he's 19, playing in a North American junior league, and hasn't played 11 NHL games. There may be some "judgement call" on the part of CF here, anticipating high likelihood that the first 3 won't count but not quite as confident that Cristall won't. For example, maybe they're allowing for the chance that he plays in the NHL this year. But really this is probably academic at this point.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad