Speculation: Caps Roster General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines/etc) | 2024-25 Summer Edition

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I'll always appreciate Kuzy passing up the empty net so Ovy could get to 802 at home

hb13xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
That's only for a buyout but it sounds like he plans on terminating (walking away) instead. Still unconfirmed, though. I believe he would need to be placed on unconditional waivers first so there may be word at the top of the hour.
Ted is really doubling and tripling down in his mentions, even though people are giving him specific examples of mutual contract terminations. Absolutely wild

Reactions: Kazer

Jun 15, 2007
Ted is really doubling and tripling down in his mentions, even though people are giving him specific examples of mutual contract terminations. Absolutely wild
can you explain what this means? Ted…leonsis?

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006

No waiver activity today of course. Seems quite premature for now, though I'm sure Carolina would welcome it. Even with being so thin up the middle you'd think anything that helps them extend Necas & Jarvis to longer-term deals is preferable. And then spending whatever is left on a top six winger instead rather than having Roslovic there. Not much left in UFA, though. Sprong. Maybe a Pacioretty reunion.

Still...wait and see. A buyout after their arb cases is another possibility.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
LOL that's just the agent trying to put a damper on the specific rumor to keep the deal from being scrutinized, and to drive up bidding.

Reactions: HTFN

hockeykicker

Global Moderator
Dec 3, 2014
Screenshot_20240715-165136.png

Screenshot_20240715-165239~2.png

That's not his agent

Craig Oster is

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Well this was a fun read for a few moments with a “Kuzy” like ending. So much promise and ending in nothing. Haha.

That said, i bet he goes to KHL. There is just some political smoke between KHL and NHL which isn’t surprising. It certainly explains some of the moves including all the Caps signings. if you know this is coming it gives you room.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
lol that's not just agent talk, it's active negotiating.

agent said "well it's not just one team, it's a lot of teams provided the market is good enough to bail on this contract" and "you said it's for four years, and I see SKA likes longer contracts, so... nice"

None of those are even "no", just "meet my client's needs in a way that justifies bailing on this money.

Kazer

Jun 20, 2009
Maryland, US
KHL and Putin is not oveckins way. He loves living in the dc area.
I've always thought Ovechkin would end his playing career back in the KHL, likely with HC Dynamo Moscow, but I have no doubt that he will honor his remaining two years with the Capitals first.

Akin to Datsyuk who left the NHL after the 15-16 season but played 5 additional seasons in the KHL before retiring (which took him well past 40).

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad