Proposal: Canucks - solidify Goaltending and Defense (H. Lindholm and B. Bishop)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Bishop deal makes no sense, we have Demko coming up in 2-3 years. Lindholm deal no one is gonna agree on. I rather keep Horvat and Hutton and just draft another Dman that will be more franchise like or sign one. I think its fair though.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
After you first made the comment about Hutton being a potential #1D I had to do some research and could not find one scouting report that said he would even be a top pairing D, in fact the best that was said was that he could be a middle pairing also mentioned depth defenceman that doesn't sound like a #1D to me

There's a difference between stat watching and 'scouting reports' and actually watching the player. With a lot of polish, the guy will be a #1D. Very few have the shiftyness and vision he does at the point, and the ones that do are usually top 2 D+... Great skater as well. He really reminds me of Drew Doughty, and before you spit out your drink laughing, watch him and see the potential I'm talking about... He has something that you don't see in the average D prospect... A swagger for the game. I just think he's a later than normal bloomer. I have very high hopes for him and that comes from watching the kid since he's been drafted. He's grown so much, but has always had that intrigue since he's been drafted...

Very underrated around the league... And I'll put my reputation, whatever it's worth, on the line saying he will turn into a top pairing d-man. He's special.

eviohh26*

There's a difference between stat watching and 'scouting reports' and actually watching the player. With a lot of polish, the guy will be a #1D. Very few have the shiftyness and vision he does at the point, and the ones that do are usually top 2 D+... Great skater as well. He really reminds me of Drew Doughty, and before you spit out your drink laughing, watch him and see the potential I'm talking about... He has something that you don't see in the average D prospect... A swagger for the game. I just think he's a later than normal bloomer. I have very high hopes for him and that comes from watching the kid since he's been drafted. He's grown so much, but has always had that intrigue since he's been drafted...

Very underrated around the league... And I'll put my reputation, whatever it's worth, on the line saying he will turn into a top pairing d-man. He's special.

#1 D? Dont think so mate. He is good and he could become a good #2 D. COULD.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
#1 D? Dont think so mate. He is good and he could become a good #2 D. COULD.

Absolute he could become a 2D, but I think he has the potential to be a #1. I don't really care if fellow Canucks fans don't agree, but I think he's the most important prospect since the Sedins that we've had. I'll agree with my eyes in saying that he is a rare player and has 1D potential.

eviohh26*

absolute he could become a 2d, but i think he has the potential to be a #1. I don't really care if fellow canucks fans don't agree, but i think he's the most important prospect since the sedins that we've had. I'll agree with my eyes in saying that he is a rare player and has 1d potential.

alllllll righty then.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
I'm still not sold on Bo horvat... At best I think he'll be a 2nd 3rd line tweener and therefore isn't going to be the type of piece that lands you lindholm.

I think if lindholm gets dealt, which he won't, it won't be a similar trade to the johannsen for jones deal.

One piece, quality for quality.

Its too hard to draft a player like lindholm

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Goalies are relatively cheap, so no doubt Nucks could put a deal together for Bishop. Lindholm? Ducks won't be interested in quantity, I can think any single piece interesting enough on the Nucks team or prospects that would land them Lindholm.

Neutral fan here

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014

You know many scouting reports come from actually watching the player play right?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Again those players aren't enough to get Lindholm but its not that far off, the Ducks don't get ripped off.

I think I would pass, mostly because it's not even realistic that offer gets us anywhere seeing as we are in the same division as the Ducks, which means you have to up the offer. As much as we need defensemen like Lindholm we need centres too. Horvat can be a Kesler type of player and has been progressing each year. Hutton has untapped potential at this point.

Last edited:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
As a Canucks fan (and a huge Horvat fan), I make that deal with Anaheim in a second. Lindholm is a legit #1 defencemen and the cost on acquiring him would be gigantic and definitely not something the Canucks can afford to do. Also, The Canucks look pretty solid on defense (with Juvi, Hutton, Subban, Tryamkin etc.) and really weak up front once the Sedins retire. So again, don't know why you would make that trade - doesn't fit needs.

Canucks look solid on defense? All those guys you named are far from proven except Hutton, even then he's only been playing for one season.

Juolevi is at least two years away, maybe one year if everything goes well. Tryamkin is far from proven, and only has the hype surrounding him right now. Subban is the worst from this group and he'll be lucky to be a Yannick Weber type of player.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Bwahahahahaha God HF is awesome sometimes

Great supporting argument.

Lindholm:
82GP 10G 18A 28P

Hutton:
75GP 1G 24A 25P

Hutton was on one of the worst teams in the NHL offensively and defensively. He played 3rd pairing for the first half of the season. He didn't smell any PP time until the season was already ending.

Lindholm played on one of the best teams in the NHL (regular season). He had way more ice time and opportunities than Hutton.

Reverse their roles. If Hutton played for Anaheim in the situation Lindholm was in and if Lindholm played for Vancouver in the situation Hutton was in, I bet you any amount of money that Hutton would have outscored Lindholm.

Is Hutton better than Lindholm? Probably not.
But is Lindholm way better than Hutton? No.

The only reason why this is even debated is because HF loves to pick a young kid who's trending well and overrate him drastically. We saw it with Mikael Grandlund and we saw it with Toews a few years ago. This coupled with the fact that Hutton plays on the Canucks and we all know how much HF loves the Canucks.

/thread

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015

Lindholm:
82GP 10G 18A 28P

Hutton:
75GP 1G 24A 25P

Hutton was on one of the worst teams in the NHL offensively and defensively. He played 3rd pairing for the first half of the season. He didn't smell any PP time until the season was already ending.

Lindholm played on one of the best teams in the NHL (regular season). He had way more ice time and opportunities than Hutton.

Reverse their roles. If Hutton played for Anaheim in the situation Lindholm was in and if Lindholm played for Vancouver in the situation Hutton was in, I bet you any amount of money that Hutton would have outscored Lindholm.

The only reason why this is even debated is because HF loves to pick a young kid who's trending well and overrate him drastically. We saw it with Mikael Grandlund and we saw it with Toews a few years ago. This coupled with the fact that Hutton plays on the Canucks and we all know how much HF loves the Canucks.

/thread
Lmao using points

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
What I'm getting from this thread is the Ducks would be lucky to get Hutton for Lindholm.

What you should be learning is that the Canucks aren't giving up their young and constantly improving #2C and young #4 defenseman who has the potential to be top pairing, for a young top pairing defenseman. It simply guts our centre depth way too much. But again Anaheim has no reason to do this either

Seeing
Sutter
Granlund
Gaunce

And huge **** no too the Tampa deal lmao. We have Markstrom and Miller this year with Demko coming up. We aren't giving up a likely top 5 pick for that:laugh:

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014

Lindholm:
82GP 10G 18A 28P

Hutton:
75GP 1G 24A 25P

/thread

Your using offensive points to compare dmen? lol you do realize the ducks had historic low sh% most of the season right? It's ok to like your guy but to compare the two Lindholm is light years better then Hutton sorry mate Hutton has potential to be Lindholm right now at this very moment. That's also saying if Lindholm doesn't progress from here on out. Lindholm>>>>>Hutton AINEC

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

Lindholm:
82GP 10G 18A 28P

Hutton:
75GP 1G 24A 25P

/thread

If its all about points that must mean Vatanen is >>>> both yes? 71GP 9G 29A WINNER

Oct 18, 2011

too late

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Vasy has enough experience and talent to be a good #1 goalie. Look at the two goalies who just played in the SCF.

He'll be a good #1 someday, which is part of why we're willing to let Bishop walk in free agency next summer, but he's still nowhere near Bish's level right now and this will be our last season before we lose multiple key players to the cap and to expansion. It makes no sense to move Bishop now when we can ride him for one last Cup run with the current team and turn things over to Vasy next season when he'll have another year of growth behind him and we'll be in partial rebuilding mode - not unless we're offered something that makes us a significantly better team over the next several years. Filling the organizational need for a stud RH PPQB would qualify, as would a high-scoring young forward to replace whoever we're going to lose from our top six; a backup goalie and an uncertain draft pick do not. It's really that simple.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad