Proposal: Canucks - solidify Goaltending and Defense (H. Lindholm and B. Bishop)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Thank you for a level headed and non biased response. I can agree with this... Lindholm is obviously better now, but Ducks fans need to understand why Canuck fans are turning this down. Just doesn't make sense for us, and Hutton has a chance of being better than Lindholm eventually.

He's a year older than Lindholm. It's very unlikely that he hits some strange developmental curve and becomes better than him. I've been pretty vocal about what I think of Lindholm and I'd be thrilled if Hutton became half the player Lindholm is.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I suppose a one in a million chance is still a chance.

But realistically, it's never going to happen.

Like I said, I'll have fun linking this thread when he is. I know you're over exaggerating (I hope), but he has much more than a 'one in a million chance'...

You act like I'm talking about Luca Sbisa or something. Ben Hutton is a special young player with a high IQ and a wide range of tools with a maturing game, and I fully believe that he'll be our first true #1 d-man since Paul Reinhart, if ever.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
He's a year older than Lindholm. It's very unlikely that he hits some strange developmental curve and becomes better than him. I've been pretty vocal about what I think of Lindholm and I'd be thrilled if Hutton became half the player Lindholm is.

Hutton is a late bloomer. There have been a good amount of late bloomer success stories. Mark Giordano, Zdeno Chara just to name two active.... And it's not like he's even that old... 23 is 10+ quality years of high level hockey if he hits his potential, which I think he will.

It's not out of the realm of possibility like some are making it out to be that he becomes a better hockey player than Hampus Lindholm.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Like I said, I'll have fun linking this thread when he is. I know you're over exaggerating (I hope), but he has much more than a 'one in a million chance'...

You act like I'm talking about Luca Sbisa or something. Ben Hutton is a special young player with a high IQ and a wide range of tools with a maturing game, and I fully believe that he'll be our first true #1 d-man since Paul Reinhart, if ever.

And you're acting like Lindholm is just some run of the mill talent.

Lindholm is a younger player, is currently much better, and projects to be better in the future. You keep threatening to link this thread in the future, but it's a pretty weak response, because we both know if it doesn't happen you'll do no such thing. If they maintain their current rate of progression, Lindholm will remain the better defenseman. Hutton would need to have a much steeper slope to surpass Lindholm.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
And you're acting like Lindholm is just some run of the mill talent.

Lindholm is a younger player, is currently much better, and projects to be better in the future. You keep threatening to link this thread in the future, but it's a pretty weak response, because we both know if it doesn't happen you'll do no such thing. If they maintain their current rate of progression, Lindholm will remain the better defenseman. Hutton would need to have a much steeper slope to surpass Lindholm.

I've watched Lindholm play many times. They're different players. Lindholm is a better defensive player, and I think Hutton is a better offensive player... Though each are no slouch in the other regard. I think right now Lindholm is the better player because he's used to NHL hockey and can log big minutes because of it. He can also put in higher quality defensive efforts than Hutton can at this time, and will probably always be better defensively... No arguing there..

But what Hutton excels at is the offensive and transition side of the game. He's that new breed of NHL d-man, like Lindholm is, but just tips the scales toward the offensive side of the game more than the defensive side of the game.. Hutton's vision and passing ability is superb, and he is very good at jumping up into the play along with great skating ability So shifty. He still needs to develop his shot, but even then it's solid. He'll rack his points up on assists though in his career, imo, running the PP. I see Hutton more in the Doughty type of mould and Lindholm more in the Lidstrom without nearly the amount of offense mould, if we're going absolute ceilings here.

I see Lindholm being a steady 35-40 point guy in his career, and Hutton being more of a ~50+ point guy, with Lindholm being the better defensive guy when all is said and done..

Both imo are going to be outstanding players, with Lindholm just achieving that status quicker.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
TIL that since Hutton's career arc, if you squint and you throw in a lot of hope, distantly resembles that of Chris Tanev, he absolutely will be as good as Chris Tanev or even better. It is INEVITABLE. :rolleyes:

Honestly, folks, this is absurd. Yes, Hutton is doing very well. No, he's not in the same conversation as Lindholm. Sometimes young, good, useful players are just young, good, useful players, and they stay that way; they're not going to always turn into core badasses.

A comparable evaluation would be along the lines of insisting that Rakell is going to be a top-quality #1C, because he and Getzlaf both scored 40-50 some points in their first full NHL year and they're both centers with size drafted with late first round picks. OMG SUPERSTAR.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I've watched Lindholm play many times. They're different players. Lindholm is a better defensive player, and I think Hutton is a better offensive player... Though each are no slouch in the other regard. I think right now Lindholm is the better player because he's used to NHL hockey and can log big minutes because of it. He can also put in higher quality defensive efforts than Hutton can at this time, and will probably always be better defensively... No arguing there..

But what Hutton excels at is the offensive and transition side of the game. He's that new breed of NHL d-man, like Lindholm is, but just tips the scales toward the offensive side of the game more than the defensive side of the game.. Hutton's vision and passing ability is superb, and he is very good at jumping up into the play along with great skating ability So shifty. He still needs to develop his shot, but even then it's solid. He'll rack his points up on assists though in his career, imo, running the PP. I see Hutton more in the Doughty type of mould and Lindholm more in the Lidstrom without nearly the amount of offense mould, if we're going absolute ceilings here.

I see Lindholm being a steady 35-40 point guy in his career, and Hutton being more of a ~50+ point guy, with Lindholm being the better defensive guy when all is said and done..

Both imo are going to be outstanding players, with Lindholm just achieving that status quicker.

You know the type of numbers lindholm put up as a 23 year old In the NHL... oh wait he is younger than Hutton.... going into his 4th season in the NHL, ducks were not desperate to play youth he made the team based on his skill levels... he'll always be better then Hutton in every aspect of the game, stop dreaming.

You talk about being on a bad team, anahiem had one of the lowest shooting percentages in 5 on 5, that's going to hurt a dmen numbers a bit, the percent goes up a bit and Lindholm puts up much more impressive #S.

Please stop using doughty in same sentence as Hutton, it is offending me.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

Hutton 50+ points!?

Vancouver wins both trades easily.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Wow, both Canucks and Ducks fans are overreacting hard on the value here. It's not bad straight valuewise but neither team should do it

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Like I said, I'll have fun linking this thread when he is. I know you're over exaggerating (I hope), but he has much more than a 'one in a million chance'.
Your overconfidence is your weakness.

to which you reply: "Your faith in your friends is yours."

In other words, we reserve the right to link this thread in 5 years and dangle it over your head like the Sword of Damocles if Hutton doesn't become an elite defender. No one can see the future and I find it extremely amusing that you are so sure of yourself. Hockey players aren't machines, they're people, with all of the faults and flaws that make us human, both physical, and mental.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Lindholm is easily the better player. The only thing that might push a guy like Hutton forward is if the league takes radical steps to open up teh game again and try to push scoring. Even then, a high hockey IQ guy like Lindholm would also benefit from that potential change as much as Hutton.

Canucks would be better of just focusing on a rebuild. Hold onto all the kids, and start collecting picks for some of the older guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad