Prospect Info: Canucks select D Elias Pettersson , 3rd Round, 80th Overall, 2022

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
137A0949-869A-4CE6-8230-5F9FF2207B58.gif

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
80% of the comments in this thread are about his name vs how he plays... Never change HF Boards / Canucks 🙄

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
2017 the Canucks draft C Elias Pettersson 5th overall

2022 the Canucks draft D Elias Pettersson 80th overall

2027 the Canucks draft G Elias Pettersson ??? Overall :sarcasm:

Reactions: Lindgren

Strong Hearts

Jun 15, 2021
80% of the comments in this thread are about his name vs how he plays... Never change HF Boards / Canucks 🙄
Most people (including myself) have never seen him play before and just want to comment on how funny/interesting/bizarre it is that the team drafted a player with the exact same name as an existing player in the organization. What's wrong with that?

Reactions: bh53 and LordBacon

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

I propose that the first be referred to as Elias "Gus" Petersson and the second be called Elias "C" Petersson.

(wish I could find audio of Jim Robson going on about how great that line was)

Anyone got the Greg C (I think) Adams calling out Pat Quinn for letting him go on waivers? I got the impression promises were made that Pat never intended to keep.

--

Also, a couple of years ago I heard a a report from another player named Elias Pettersson who's named was spelled the same but his was pronounced differently. Is this the same guy.

Also, what about this guy?
View attachment 566498

Hate to tell you this but that kid’s name is spelled differently.

• Wow
Reactions: LuckyDay

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Most people (including myself) have never seen him play before and just want to comment on how funny/interesting/bizarre it is that the team drafted a player with the exact same name as an existing player in the organization. What's wrong with that?
Nothing is wrong with that. 😅 5 pages in with the same/similar comments is amazing.

I wish he had a different name though so someone would comment on his potential and how he plays. Guess I am in the wrong place for that kind of talk?

Reactions: LuckyDay

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
Might have to buy it from Burmistrov
Why's that?

Vancouver Canucks and NHL retirement​

On 1 July 2017, as a free agent, Burmistrov signed a one-year, $900,000 contract with the Vancouver Canucks.[6] He was used in a limited role and received minimal playing time with the Canucks. On 24 December 2017, his agent, Dan Milstein, released a statement on Twitter that stated Burmistrov had "retired from the NHL" and that an announcement on his future was forthcoming. The wording of Milstein's tweet has fueled speculation that Burmistrov would return to the KHL once his retirement paperwork with the NHL was completed.[7]

Return to KHL​

Three days after his retirement tweet was sent out, Burmistrov returned to the KHL...

Hate to tell you this but that kid’s name is spelled differently.
:'(

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
I actually have to commend the Canucks for this kind of pick. They took the "best player available" when Valeri Bure was available at #21 and he ended up having a pretty decent career certainly better than the 12 players that went ahead of him after that. And it certainly would have been a bonus to Pavel and end up being less disgruntled.
What I'm saying is, you can't be afraid of the optics. New EP might be worth the gamble at #80.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad