Prospect Info: Canucks select D Elias Pettersson , 3rd Round, 80th Overall, 2022

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
Kid looks like he's physical and can move very well. Would have to see more of him.

3rd rounders are a real crapshoot...

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
This is getting ridiculous; not only is PA acquiring Swedes at a record rate he's now acquire Swedes that HAVE THE SAME NAME! Creepy...

P.S. didn't we once have two guys named Greg Adams who actually played at the same time? What a crazy team...

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
Would be hilarious if he somehow ended up better than OG EP but my guess is he will end up like Sebastian aho 2.0 . Serviceable but that’s it.

What defense prospects? Our highest touted D prospect Jett Woo was used as a winger last year. Do you mean Beeeezbahhhh?

Yup, it’s bleak. But not many people here realize just how bleak.

TryamkinPleaseReturn

Rapidly Shrinking Cult
Feb 7, 2019
A Swedish scout I follow liked him quite a bit, I think as a 2nd/3rd rounder. I watched some footage, nothing stood out that I can remember, but there wasn't too much left on the board by pick 80. Sucks that Michael Fisher was taken 4 spots ahead... I was hoping he might be there with our third... but we probably wouldn't have taken him anyways. Jordan Dumais has some good upside I guess.

But I think it's not a bad pick, he's got pretty decent tools, and lots of room for improvement.

Spectrefire

Jan 3, 2013
1657312706062.png

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I'm hoping his number ends up being 48. I used to get a little confused when both Juolevi and Pettersson were on the ice together.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Sets up the perfect trade shenanigans situation: "Yeah, we'll trade you Elias Pettersson...." (snicker snicker snicker)
We need to get have a pre season where they swap numbers, just to really add to trade trickary

I'm hoping his number ends up being 48. I used to get a little confused when both Juolevi and Pettersson were on the ice together.
That must have been a confusing 30 seconds total.

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
The two Petterssons could swap numbers for a game just to confuse the hell out of the other team. Might be a good playoff strategy.

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
Ok but can we make a pact to call the older Pettersson "big Petey" and the younger "little Petey" just to really make this more confusing for everyone?

Reactions: B-rock

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Luke Schenn with better skating.

Usual disclaimer apply.

Iron Mike Sharpe

Dec 6, 2017
If EP 2.0 makes the team, even just for a couple of games, it will be interesting to see how they play the name on the back of the sweater issue.

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley

I propose that the first be referred to as Elias "Gus" Petersson and the second be called Elias "C" Petersson.

(wish I could find audio of Jim Robson going on about how great that line was)

Anyone got the Greg C (I think) Adams calling out Pat Quinn for letting him go on waivers? I got the impression promises were made that Pat never intended to keep.

--

Also, a couple of years ago I heard a a report from another player named Elias Pettersson who's named was spelled the same but his was pronounced differently. Is this the same guy.

Also, what about this guy?
1657329798213.png

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad