Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | No One Knows Anything

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
Brisebois confirms Stamkos is heading to the market.

Seems very likely he ends up in Detroit - I wouldn’t be shocked if Vegas tried to sneak in.
There's a part of me that still thinks this is part of the negotiations between Stamkos and the Lightning and he'll still end up there. Probably unlikely though.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Leafs are meant to be contenders right now, and have an awful blueline. If they sign him, he instantly upgrades their team for a few years.
2 years to be excat. anything longer is just terrible.

Given Zadorov and Dillon seem to be out as options, I wonder if the Canucks look at Hakanpaar or Desharnais for size on the back end. Tocchet seemed to like that identity for his blueline.
could be both.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
He looked pretty washed against Edmonton this post season, as the prime competition for Vancouver that was concerning

He was also excellent in the first two rounds vs several star forwards.

There are few D-men those Edmonton forwards don't make look bad.

That said, it's not like he's getting any younger - if his game completely falls off next season it wouldn't really be surprising.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver

That said, it's not like he's getting any younger - if his game completely falls off next season it wouldn't really be surprising.
hence i dont like the attachment us fans get with tanev. sure hes a perfect fit for hughes. but have to really consider the longer term look. if he gets hurt. hughes is back to square 1 again. but luckily hronek resigned.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Feel like they’ll pivot and move prospects or picks for a top six forward if they strike out on Guentzel.

Lekkeremaki for Necas type deal.

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
Feel like they’ll pivot and move prospects or picks for a top six forward if they strike out on Guentzel.

Lekkeremaki for Necas type deal.
I think the price on Necas is too high for them. I can see them going for a short deal for one (or. a few) of the lesser UFAs, then trading for a higher-end guy who becomes available mid-season, after seeing how Lekk/Willander/D-Petey are trending.

Britton

Nov 28, 2008
It's been said before but damn did the Benning reign of error completely break some people here. Our offseason has been fantastic so far and all the pieces we are looking for are still available despite what the chicken little's are screaming about here. JG, and Sam Reinhart are both still unsigned and despite reports that they were both about to sign yesterday that have suddenly been majorly back pedaled. We have a lot of cap space for very few pieces, with a competent management team, it really doesn't get any better than this.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

He’s a warrior but his age/play style don’t play into long stretches anymore. I would love to have him as an insurance policy on the 3rd pairing but I don’t want him to be a key piece that this stage of his career

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I think the chances Lekk or Willander get moved are close to zero. They already have those contracts pencilled into the lineup for the $5M OEL buyout penalty years.
Along with all of the guys we just drafted as well, more than likely.

Thank you, Mr. Benning.

It's been said before but damn did the Benning reign of error completely break some people here. Our offseason has been fantastic so far and all the pieces we are looking for are still available despite what the chicken little's are screaming about here. JG, and Sam Reinhart are both still unsigned and despite reports that they were both about to sign yesterday that have suddenly been majorly back pedaled. We have a lot of cap space for very few pieces, with a competent management team, it really doesn't get any better than this.
So you're saying we are signing Guentzel AND Reinhart?

Bold predictions. Care to wager an ass tattoo?

Reactions: David71

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I think the price on Necas is too high for them. I can see them going for a short deal for one (or. a few) of the lesser UFAs, then trading for a higher-end guy who becomes available mid-season, after seeing how Lekk/Willander/D-Petey are trending.
I don’t think they can justify these Toffoli rumors. Poison pill contract

I question whether the Canes will move Necas after losing Guentzel, seems like a lot of firepower down.
He doesn’t want to be there. Can’t really ignore that part of it imo

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Along with all of the guys we just drafted as well, more than likely.

Thank you, Mr. Benning.

So you're saying we are signing Guentzel AND Reinhart?

Bold predictions. Care to wager an ass tattoo?
where is the money coming from for both guys? unless they trade a forward off their current roster. like garland. they arent taking discounts. say for example: guentzel 7yr/9.5. 7yrs reinhart 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad