Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | No One Knows Anything

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

Quinton Byfield

Jul 25, 2021
Probably means they don't qualify Timothy Liljegren.
I was floating the idea of Liljegren a few days ago when the Canucks kept the 2025 2nd rounder in the Mikheyev trade. The Leafs have been telegraphing Tavev and Zadorov for awhile.

Great skater and puck mover, still young and fits Rutherford’s MO of locking down young players for medium term for money that down the road become bargains.

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
Just browsing the Tampa armchair GM rosters on Capfriendly—even if they don’t re-sign Stamkos. They really don’t have much more than $8m or so to offer Guentzel?

Again, if Vancouver can get into the $9.5m range—it seems like they ought to be able to offer more take-home pay even taking into account the Florida tax situation.
I think they're trying to get rid of a guy like Sheary as well. Their fanbase is, at the very least. But JBB seems to be doing everything the fanbase has been screaming at him to do, so I wouldn't be surprised if he manages to move that contract out too. Frees up another $2M.

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
I was floating the idea of Liljegren a few days ago when the Canucks kept the 2025 2nd rounder in the Mikheyev trade. The Leafs have been telegraphing Tavev and Zadorov for awhile.

Great skater and puck mover, still young and fits Rutherford’s MO of locking down young players for medium term for money that down the road become bargains.
He's not a big guy, so he doesn't totally fit their MO, but he's around the same size as Marino, who we know Rutherford loves.

I'd like to see Liljegren with Soucy.

Hughes - Hronek
Soucy - Liljegren
Cole - Myers

Not too bad...

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Even if the LTIR circumvention goes away with a CBA change?

yeah. the "LTIR circumvention" doesn't actually work like people think. it just lets you activate players who were on LTIR in the post season. if they eliminate that loophole they'll still have to have some kind of LTIR provision for injured players. the only way it hurts is it prevents you from accruing cap space during the season

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Looks like we are out on Tanev and Guentzel. We won't head into the season with 12M in space, definitely should be interesting.
Why? He hasn't signed with Carolina, and sure Tampa is after him, but have you heard something new that says we are out on him?

Lots of options left of course, though less so when it comes to star players. Laine is still sitting there (big risk), Marchessault, and then a lot of lower tier guys.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver

He’s not worth a 2nd

He’s one more underwhelming year away from being an extra depth player

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Looks like we are out on Tanev and Guentzel. We won't head into the season with 12M in space, definitely should be interesting.
Play the cards right and there will be teams right up against the cap looking to sell players for peanuts or even throw in picks to take them. Id' rather pick up a Brayden McNabb for a 5th rounder than throw $4 million at Dillon. Or acquire an Ehlers for a 2nd round pick rather than give Guentzel $9-$10 million.

Reactions: ameselare

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
i think people here got too emotionally attached to Tanev

Giving out 6-7 years to a 35 years old with long injury history is not a good idea
agreed. even if he signs here in vancouver for lower term/years he wont be counted on to be healthy for at least 50% of the regular season games anyways. plus playoffs

He's not a big guy, so he doesn't totally fit their MO, but he's around the same size as Marino, who we know Rutherford loves.

I'd like to see Liljegren with Soucy.

Hughes - Hronek
Soucy - Liljegren
Cole - Myers

Not too bad...
hughes-hronek
soucy-walker/any ufa rhd dman.
dillion-myers

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
i think people here got too emotionally attached to Tanev

Giving out 6-7 years to a 35 years old with long injury history is not a good idea
He looked pretty washed against Edmonton this post season, as the prime competition for Vancouver that was concerning

Reactions: David71

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Play the cards right and there will be teams right up against the cap looking to sell players for peanuts or even throw in picks to take them. Id' rather pick up a Brayden McNabb for a 5th rounder than throw $4 million at Dillon. Or acquire an Ehlers for a 2nd round pick rather than give Guentzel $9-$10 million.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards this idea as well. Capitals are over by 2.81 at the moment as an example.

EDIT: Backstrom is on LITR, but there will be other teams as you said.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
yeah. the "LTIR circumvention" doesn't actually work like people think. it just lets you activate players who were on LTIR in the post season. if they eliminate that loophole they'll still have to have some kind of LTIR provision for injured players. the only way it hurts is it prevents you from accruing cap space during the season

I understand. If they close the loophole where the total cap limit does not apply in the post season, then there's no circumvention.

No, but like the other poster stated I can't see TB moving Sergachev to sign Guentzel unless they were very confident that they were signing him. Happy to be proven wrong though.

I could be off on this, but I would do that Sergachev trade regardless if I'm TBay. Moser is good.

JimmyJiveJones

Jan 28, 2019
Incoming 8 year deal for Tanev with a $3 million cap hit.
If hes being offered that, then congrats to him. But thats wayy too rich for the Canucks/Aquilinis blood.

People say hes injury prone, he is...... when he plays for a shit team. When the Canucks were good that 1 season and flames were for 2 season. He didnt really miss a huge chunk of time. edit* he didnt even miss a game.

Last edited:

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
Tanev would have been a great pick up for Edmonton to cover up for Nurse. I’m not sure he does as much for the Leafs at this point in his career.
Leafs are meant to be contenders right now, and have an awful blueline. If they sign him, he instantly upgrades their team for a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad