Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | No One Knows Anything

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Play the cards right and there will be teams right up against the cap looking to sell players for peanuts or even throw in picks to take them. Id' rather pick up a Brayden McNabb for a 5th rounder than throw $4 million at Dillon. Or acquire an Ehlers for a 2nd round pick rather than give Guentzel $9-$10 million.
like what in the hell? Have we learned nothing from the Lafferty debacle?

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Have Canucks been linked to Matt Roy at all? He'd be a great get to spend the cap space on if we fail on Guentzal. Then we add a top 6er during the season or trade deadline. Having a defense of these 6 would be very deep. Yes the last pairing could be kinda slow but the top 4 D would be amongst top 10 in league if not higher.

Hughes Hronek
Soucy Roy
Dillon Myers

Quinton Byfield

Jul 25, 2021
He’s not worth a 2nd

He’s one more underwhelming year away from being an extra depth player
I never said he was worth a 2nd, it’s the asset management of closer draft picks that the team could use, ie. picks for Marino, which he did get traded for.

At bare minimum Liljegren is an effective puck mover, so I fundamentally disagree with your extra depth assessment. He’s also had effective defensive metrics just a year prior.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Have Canucks been linked to Matt Roy at all? He'd be a great get to spend the cap space on if we fail on Guentzal. Then we add a top 6er during the season or trade deadline. Having a defense of these 6 would be very deep. Yes the last pairing could be kinda slow but the top 4 D would be amongst top 10 in league if not higher.

Hughes Hronek
Soucy Roy
Dillion Myers

I think the only players we have been definitively linked to are Guentzel, Tanev and Toffoli. There was a murmur we may target Reinhart if we were out on Guentzel, too. This is all to the best of my recollection.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I think the only players we have been definitively linked to are Guentzel, Tanev and Toffoli. There was a murmur we may target Reinhart if we were out on Guentzel, too. This is all to the best of my recollection.

Tanev is going to Toronto, Reinhart signed in Florida.

JG is the last saving grace, if he gets away I would give our off season a grade C- : you did the minimum and barely passed.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

JG is the last saving grace, if he gets away I would give our off season a grade C- : you did the minimum and barely passed.

Nothing has happened yet - and I’ve got faith in our management group. We aren’t going into the season with this much cap space. Whether it’s a free agent or a trade, something is going to happen.

My wild, crazy theory if the Canucks miss out on Guentzel is that they might target Mitch Marner.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

1719694926378.gif

Reactions: Britton

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Nothing has happened yet - and I’ve got faith in our management group. We aren’t going into the season with this much cap space. Whether it’s a free agent or a trade, something is going to happen.

My wild, crazy theory if the Canucks miss out on Guentzel is that they might target Mitch Marner.

Marner? I think Tocchet will strangle him first day of training camp.
😂

Reactions: Chiripa20

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
Marner? I think Tocchet will strangle him first day of training camp.
:😂
What? Marner is a Selke nominee. Honestly, I've always thought that if you could get Marner away from Toronto and his dad, and stick him with a coach who develops a good relationship with him but also pushes him, he'd reach new heights as a player. I'm not sure if Marner would agree with this assessment, but I think being in Toronto really messes with his head and game. We're an insane media market so I'm not sure how much better we'd be, but we're not his hometown...

Reactions: MS

GranvilleIsland

Feb 26, 2013
Vancouver, B.C.
Hey BabyShinkaruk had to change his user name AND avatar (because Dimbo doesn't know the difference between asset management and his own dick).
I mean if we overpay Lindholm I might have to change it out of sadness. Fit a side since I'm onboard with the idea that having that much money down the middle will be an issue and the chemistry and offensive upside in the top 6 really didn't appear to be there.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Given Zadorov and Dillon seem to be out as options, I wonder if the Canucks look at Hakanpaar or Desharnais for size on the back end. Tocchet seemed to like that identity for his blueline.
Where are you hearing they are out on Brenden Dillon?

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Incoming 8 year deal for Tanev with a $3 million cap hit.
This doesn't make any sense to me, for a team to do it and Tanev. On Tanev's end, because you're only allowed to make the low end of the contract 50% of the high end, if it's the contract you suggest it would basically be $4Mx4 then $2Mx4. That's only $16M on the first 4 years, where if he wanted to cash out he could probably get $20M right now. There's still $8M to collect over the last 4 years, but Tanev then has to go through the motions of getting up to get ready every summer rather than just comfortably retiring.

And that's not getting into the problems on Toronto's end. I just don't think anyone's winning here going with anything above a 4 year deal for Tanev.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad