Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | League Wide Chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, SCF chat, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Tanev & Dillon will be cheapish, Zadorov probably gets some term for lower aav.

I'd bet all three here by August first.

I doubt Tanev will be cheap, I’ve heard anything from $4.5-$5M AAV for him. He’s basically the same cost as Zadorov.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Everybody in the pool imo

Hughes. Hronek.
Zaddy. Tanev.
Soucy. Myers/Dillon.
Juulsen
Friedman
etc

Tanev, Myers, and Dillon are not all signing to be part-time players. Nor is there any way to fit all three in the cap even with Mikheyev traded. Even in the unlikely even all three take discounts, that's just not feasible.

Reactions: TruGr1t and ziploc

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I doubt Tanev will be cheap, I’ve heard anything from $4.5-$5M AAV for him. He’s basically the same cost as Zadorov.
Why would he return "home", just to max out dollars in his mid thirties retirement contract and handcuff the teams window.

Makes no sense.
Tanev and Dillon will sign team friendly deals to win where they want to be.

Tanev, Myers, and Dillon are not all signing to be part-time players. Nor is there any way to fit all three in the cap even with Mikheyev traded. Even in the unlikely even all three take discounts, that's just not feasible.
Okay, I bet they're all here.
Only Dillon isn't guaranteed full time ice, and by all accounts he wants to be here.

Injuries are going to happen, so are these signings.

Worst case scenario Dillon gets squeezed out and nbd because our Dcore still wrecks.

Last edited:

Lat

Oct 12, 2005
I've wondered that myself. Would you rather have

Joshua - Blueger - RW or
LW - Blueger - Garland?

with the other winger being an inferior version of the former player on that line...
I think Joshua brings more to the table than Garland, as much as I liked the latter this postseason.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
If the Canucks signed Hronek, Tanev, Zadorov, Dillon and Myers this offseason, that would be insane. At the very least one of those is not signing, and even four of those would make not only Mikheyev a necessary move but Garland as well.

I'm all for a killer blueline, but we would be running rookie-laden bottom six forward lines.

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
The weird thing about that deal was it was quite a bit under what most people thought he was going to get. So when it was announced, I believe there was a medical thing or some snag that lower the AAV, the main reaction was "ugh...but better than what the rumours said".
I do remember hearing crazy number like 8 per but that could just be from here. Don't remember any injury or medical thing.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I'm all for a killer blueline, but we would be running rookie-laden bottom six forward lines.

Well “veteran” or pro-experienced bottom 6 players who make ~$1M or less are easy to find. Even on the current Canucks, we have PDG, Aman, and Pods (even if we aren’t including Hoglander) signed who are now hardly lacking in experience. Quality is another matter but it should be easier to get quality now that the team has had some success. Middle 6 players who aren’t top 6 guys on contenders can really up their value with strong playoff performances.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Well “veteran” or pro-experienced bottom 6 players who make ~$1M or less are easy to find. Even on the current Canucks, we have PDG, Aman, and Pods (even if we aren’t including Hoglander) signed who are now hardly lacking in experience. Quality is another matter but it should be easier to get quality now that the team has had some success. Middle 6 players who aren’t top 6 guys on contenders can really up their value with strong playoff performances.
Sure, we just had an advantage last year having such a strong third line. If Joshua and Garland have to go (which I think they would if we brought in all those D as well as Guentzel) then the makeup of our team is pretty drastically shifted. Better D, but way more top heavy forward lines. Not saying that is wrong, but it's a gamble, and we would still have Suter and Hoglander in the top 6.

Quinton Byfield

Jul 25, 2021
Dhali mentioned today Tanev might be a tough sign, looking for term and money. Aiming for 4 years @ 5+. Said that he and Tanev’s agent had a good laugh at the IG post whipping the market into a frenzy.

That term feels like a deal breaker imo.

Reactions: TruGr1t

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Dhali mentioned today Tanev might be a tough sign, looking for term and money. Aiming for 4 years @ 5+. Said that he and Tanev’s agent had a good laugh at the IG post whipping the market into a frenzy.

Wow, good for Tanev if he can get $5M AAV on his new deal. Dude deserves it. Also who signs their highest level AAV contract at 34, nice.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I don’t think it is realistic that Tanev would take a discount to come to Vancouver—but if Vancouver were to match the best offer it would tip the balance.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I like Tanev a lot, but I would rather have Zad at that price. Of course, we still need three defensemen.

Reactions: Chiripa20

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Boring rumors this week.

Seawateronice's rumor mill:
-Guentzel could be coming here. Dubas has recieved countless calls from JR and Allvin on Crosby, Malkin and Letang.
-JR and Allvin have shown strong interest in Zucker and Sprong
-Allvin may try and trade for Dumoulin
-Strong efforts are being made for a yellow and black rebrand. Allvin seems to think the blue/green scheme doesn't inspire confidence.

yesssssssssss

Reactions: Chiripa20

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
Edmonton going to win the cup with a shit goalie, shit depth, shit defence and the 4th softest teams in the playoffs. haha

Reactions: Nopefully

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
That fact that we don't have to work is the best thing about Vancouver. Shelter, food, parking, daycare -- everyone just takes them for granted because they are so easily obtainable and we all have so much money.
Nothing quite like SF level housing cost and middle of the US pay rate. Life is easy when your salary can barely cover rent and food!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad