Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | League Wide Chaos

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, SCF chat, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Elliotte Friedman hinting again on 32 Thoughts today that Tyler Toffoli is back on Vancouver's radar—perhaps as a Guentzel back-up.

I’m a Toffoli fan - the guy just keeps scoring goals. I know he’s not the quickest, but he had some chemistry with Petey while he was here and I was pissed he was allowed to walk.

If we can’t get Guentzel, I’d be happy with him as a Plan B to ride on Petey’s wing.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I’m a Toffoli fan - the guy just keeps scoring goals. I know he’s not the quickest, but he had some chemistry with Petey while he was here and I was pissed he was allowed to walk.

If we can’t get Guentzel, I’d be happy with him as a Plan B to ride on Petey’s wing.
Why not both ?

Nopefully

Nov 11, 2023
I tend to agree. I'd rather ride Juulsen/Friedman on our RD3 pairing. The Canucks showed last year that they were willing to enter the season as a work in progress and fill out their depth as the season went along.

I don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves either—but we could have Willander as a RD depth option as soon as this Spring too.
Yeah I get what you're saying here. Allocate more cap to the rest of our lineup, it definitely has logic. I just feel like with our travel and our luck, if we roll with Juulsen full time, we'll have McWard in by the time playoffs roll around with Soucy and others out. I know Edmonton has horrific travel like we do, so there's an easy counter-argument here. I just think Edmonton has been insanely lucky in terms of health and rolling three solid pairings has logic due to our travel.

Edit: just got your point on "filling out as season progresses." Hah, yeah good point.

Reactions: Nick Lang

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024

Option C get Toffoli and Arvidsson. AFP has them at 10.7M combined. Get that down slightly top 6 could be

Arvidsson(3.75) Miller Boeser
Hoglander Petey Toffoli(5.5)
buyout Mikky.

4.5 for Zad and you have 6M for Joshua and Myers.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
It will be interesting to see where they turn if they miss out on Guentzel, they'll have some space and there are a couple in the second-tier class like Toffoli, Mantha, Duclair, Arvidsson, Teräväinen etc. Pending who will actually be available to them.

Reverend Mayhem

Tell me all your thoughts on God
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Id go sign Toffoli, dump the rest into the D-core. They punched way too far above their weight last year. Even then they got Demko injured again trying to make ridiculous saves. I’m not sure that’s repeatable.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
I thought the whole Mantra was for "Your Vancouver Canucks" to get faster this offseason.

Signing Toffoli does the exact opposite.

They would have to turn the ice machine off at the "Garage" to slow down the opposition.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
seems like Guentzal is locked in? I’m still interested in Reinhart. I guess plan B as follows.

Plan A Guentzal
Plan B Sam the Man Reinhart. He’s openly said Vancouver is his favorite road city to play in because he gets to play the “team he grew up following:”

-Jake Debrusk he’s only 27 when the new season starts. Consistent second line player his entire career.

-Anthony Duclair 3 times 20 goal scorer, 1 time 30 goal scorer, I think he can be decent option.

-Tyler Toffoli. a 30 + winger, could be a decent replacement for losing crash and banger Dakota Joshua.

- Sean Monahan. One of the more proven offensive players, but I don’t think he’s the type tochhet likes.

- Jonathan Drouin. A pretty damn good play maker but I don’t think he’s a tochhet guy.

- max domi

Among some names, that might be available for us.

Reactions: David71

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
A lot of buzz today based on Friedman’s podcast that Rutger McGroarty and the Jets aren’t talking, and the Jets might be looking to move him.

Don’t think we have the pieces to make that work - lousy news for Winnipeg.

I’d do a prospect-for-prospect thing with Lekkerimaki in like 2 seconds flat, and would probably add something else significant.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
If we get Zadorov and Guentzel you can kiss Joshua goodbye

i would be shocked if Mikhayev is anything but a buyout

IMO - Joshua, Zadorov and Guentzel (and Blueger) can work IF you offload Mikheyev completely, and move on from Myers. You’d have approximately $1-$1.5M to add another defensemen, and the roster would be something like -

Suter - Miller - Boeser
Hoglander - Pettersson - Guentzel
Joshua - Blueger - Garland
Di Giuseppe - Aman - Podkolzin
Karlsson

Hughes - Hronek
Soucy - Zadorov
(Another D-Man) - Juulsen
Friedman

Demko
Silovs

I used the following contracts for this -
Guentzel - $9.5M x 7
Joshua - $3.9M x 4
Blueger - $2.2M x2
Zadorov - $5.3M x 5
Silovs - $1M x 2

brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria
If Jake Guentzel goes elsewhere do the Canucks circle back and try to get Necas.
Who knows what's going to happen .Ideally we need to find the best power play coach.That killed us in the playoffs.

Reactions: theguardianII

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
A lot of buzz today based on Friedman’s podcast that Rutger McGroarty and the Jets aren’t talking, and the Jets might be looking to move him.

Pretty sure if he doesn’t want to sign in Winnipeg he wants to play in the states and probably has a specific teams in mind.

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
seems like Guentzal is locked in? I’m still interested in Reinhart. I guess plan B as follows.

Plan A Guentzal
Plan B Sam the Man Reinhart. He’s openly said Vancouver is his favorite road city to play in because he gets to play the “team he grew up following:”

-Jake Debrusk he’s only 27 when the new season starts. Consistent second line player his entire career.

-Anthony Duclair 3 times 20 goal scorer, 1 time 30 goal scorer, I think he can be decent option.

-Tyler Toffoli. a 30 + winger, could be a decent replacement for losing crash and banger Dakota Joshua.

- Sean Monahan. One of the more proven offensive players, but I don’t think he’s the type tochhet likes.

- Jonathan Drouin. A pretty damn good play maker but I don’t think he’s a tochhet guy.

- max domi

Among some names, that might be available for us.
A name that intrigues me is Victor Arvidsson. the injury history is a concern...but one that will cap the cost and term IMO. Stylistically he is a near perfect fit. he's fast, a relentless puck hound, dirty area junkie and a very good shooter. Right shooting right winger who would look really interesting with Pettersson and Hoglander. I can see a 2 year deal at ~$4.75 getting it done.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
When a prospect with a name like Rutger McGroaty is available you move mountains. I’d eve throw in EP II since his name is literally redundant.

CqLHnxB_hev5DS71aVOE_j69cyA=.gif

sting101

Feb 8, 2012

oh wow i really like McGroarty. I would move Lekkerimaki
I’d do a prospect-for-prospect thing with Lekkerimaki in like 2 seconds flat, and would probably add something else significant.
you beat me to it

A name that intrigues me is Victor Arvidsson. the injury history is a concern...but one that will cap the cost and term IMO. Stylistically he is a near perfect fit. he's fast, a relentless puck hound, dirty area junkie and a very good shooter. Right shooting right winger who would look really interesting with Pettersson and Hoglander. I can see a 2 year deal at ~$4.75 getting it done.
yes he would be a good placeholder for Lekkerimaki and also a good example for Hoglander

Reactions: theguardianII

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

I have my daughter’s birthday party today so I’m away from my PC all day.

-thinks Toffoli is their back-up plan in case they don’t get Guentzel

Hopefully your daughter realizes what a warrior her dad is for listening to this podcast after that game last night.

Might as well be an oilers podcast I’m guessing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad