Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | League Wide Chaos

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, SCF chat, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Hear me out... Mikael Granlund @2.5m from San Jose for Third line center. Hoglander, mikhayev and 25' second going back the other way
I think I would rather give up Lekk than Hogs at this point, call me crazy. We know what Hoglander is bringing to the table, and he comes pretty cheap. I'm not convinced Lekk makes an NHL impact yet.

I presume if Granlund were to come in then Blueger is not resigned?

Suter Miller Boeser
Hogs EP Guentzel
Podz Granlund Garland
PDG Aman Karlsson

Hughes Hronek
Soucy Myers
Zad/Dillon Juulsen
Friedman

I think that lineup would leave some cap space for improvement. Juulsen should not be in a playoff top 6; the bottom 6 is still weak; and Suter ideally should not be on the top line.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hodgy

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I’m a Toffoli fan - the guy just keeps scoring goals. I know he’s not the quickest, but he had some chemistry with Petey while he was here and I was pissed he was allowed to walk.

If we can’t get Guentzel, I’d be happy with him as a Plan B to ride on Petey’s wing.

Dude would have come in handy for Game 7 with Boeser out of the lineup.

Absolute failure by management not to bring him in and complete the roster. Could have been the difference between elimination and being in the Finals

Reactions: CanuckleBerry

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

This isn’t a situation where the player wants out of Winnipeg because of his views on the city. Instead, there appears to be a disconnect between how Winnipeg’s player development viewed and communicated its plan with McGroarty and McGroarty’s view of his own future. The desire to play in the NHL played a big role in McGroarty’s decision not to sign in April; put simply, he viewed himself as more ready than the team did. At first, this difference in opinion didn’t appear to necessitate McGroarty’s exit from the organization. The relationship has changed since the start of McGroarty’s offseason, though. He no longer believes his future is with the Jets.

Reactions: CanuckCity

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver

This isn’t a situation where the player wants out of Winnipeg because of his views on the city. Instead, there appears to be a disconnect between how Winnipeg’s player development viewed and communicated its plan with McGroarty and McGroarty’s view of his own future. The desire to play in the NHL played a big role in McGroarty’s decision not to sign in April; put simply, he viewed himself as more ready than the team did. At first, this difference in opinion didn’t appear to necessitate McGroarty’s exit from the organization. The relationship has changed since the start of McGroarty’s offseason, though. He no longer believes his future is with the Jets.

Rutger McGroarty sounds like a name that comes from a limerick, or a Roald Dahl book.

Reactions: Nick Lang

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
i want Toffoli and P.Kane, they should be relatively cheap and they have stanley cup final experience which would calm the team down during the playoffs. Who cares if Kane is a jerk?

There is jerk, there is prick, and then there is a whole new level of awful that encompasses Kane and the entire Chicago Coverups organization. This goes way beyond hockey.

I want nothing to do with that poisonous bastard piece of shit of a human being.

Reactions: vadim sharifijanov

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I think I would rather give up Lekk than Hogs at this point, call me crazy. We know what Hoglander is bringing to the table, and he comes pretty cheap. I'm not convinced Lekk makes an NHL impact yet.

I presume if Granlund were to come in then Blueger is not resigned?

Suter Miller Boeser
Hogs EP Guentzel
Podz Granlund Garland
PDG Aman Karlsson

Hughes Hronek
Soucy Myers
Zad/Dillon Juulsen
Friedman

I think that lineup would leave some cap space for improvement. Juulsen should not be in a playoff top 6; the bottom 6 is still weak; and Suter ideally should not be on the top line.
You have to pay Hoglander in a year. Lekk is years away from needing a payday, especially if they bridge

That’s an underrated big thing

Almost to the point where if they don’t think tocchet will trust him come playoff time next year, they might be best getting out in front of it now depending on the return

Reactions: CanuckleBerry

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
You have to pay Hoglander in a year. Lekk is years away from needing a payday, especially if they bridge

That’s an underrated big thing
Very true. But Lekk is probably also some years away from contributing to the Canucks in the same way Hogs is. I think they have a shot at a Cup, and I'd like them to take it. Hogs and his current low contract is important to that, and you're not going to get his production replaced for any cheaper.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012

What is with these guys....Gauthier now McGroarty getting all stand offish and wanting a trade after not getting gifted a NHL spot. Gauthier i can sort of understand given the Flyers who suck had no reason to not get him in the NHL rolling and see where it goes vs McGroarty and the Jets who were near the top of the standings and chasing a Cup.

Rich entitled kids and agents purely focussed on money and themselves

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Ottawa needs the opposite of Kaliyev.

They have lots of young offensive players.

They need to trade for Mikheyevs to improve from being the 26th-ranked defensive team in the NHL with the 29th ranked PK.

They are basically in the same situation we were in last year and should be following the exact same blueprint to move forward.
Fixed it for you.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012

This sounds like just posturing. I bet he wants out but doesn’t want to offend Winnipeg fans.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
mcgroarty is a good prospect but if he wants to just be gifted a top 6 spot in the nhl he's probably going to be a headache

he had gaudy numbers in michigan but he was like the 4th best player on that team. 3rd at best

Reactions: JT Milker

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
People with degrees in the humanities do better in business than people with degrees in business (commerce, etc.).

There’s something to that. So much of working in business is people skills - to say nothing of marketing, publicity, presenting, etc. I actually think my film studies / theater background benefits me hugely in terms of public speaking and memorizing important information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad