Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | League Wide Chaos

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, SCF chat, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I've wondered that myself. Would you rather have

Joshua - Blueger - RW or
LW - Blueger - Garland?

with the other winger being an inferior version of the former player on that line...
Garland carried Joshua so that's an easy answer

im not all that interested in Tanev. Way too expensive if the rumors are correct

Reactions: Nucker101

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Boring rumors this week.

Seawateronice's rumor mill:
-Guentzel could be coming here. Dubas has recieved countless calls from JR and Allvin on Crosby, Malkin and Letang.
-JR and Allvin have shown strong interest in Zucker and Sprong
-Allvin may try and trade for Dumoulin
-Strong efforts are being made for a yellow and black rebrand. Allvin seems to think the blue/green scheme doesn't inspire confidence.

Isn't this how we got the V?

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
To be honest though. You know if you sign Tanev for 4 or 5 years, he's on LTIR for the last 2-3.
truth. dont sign tanev too risky. too injure prone he'll be 35 starting next season

This is the piece I struggle with a bit in all of the roster projections...I just can't see the Canucks just leaving this as - essentially - their 3rd and 4th lines. Fourth line maybe, but not the third as well.
agreed. that bottom 6 line even with abby guys if they make it would be weakest link. and probably get eaten alive by the opposition and tocheet wouldnt like that. go all out on offense, spend evenly At d core but sacrifice the lower lines? is that the way? or something else.?

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Seravalli probably lives a lot of his life on the road, eating a lot of shit food in hotel rooms or in transit.

He also has fat genes and now he's in his mid 30s. Even if he eats healthy if he's not working out he's likely to gain weight.

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
If we manage to offload Mikheyev, we’d have room for Guentzel, Zadorov, Blueger and Joshua at their rumoured hits. Myers would be a cap casualty, and we’d have about $1-$1.5M to add one other body on defense. I think that would be a good roster to roll with.
NHL being a copy cat league, looking at the finals with Niko Mikkola playing #4 for Florida and Cody Ceci playing #3 for Edmonton. I don't think spending excess on the 3rd pair is smart.

Reactions: StickShift

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
NHL being a copy cat league, looking at the finals with Niko Mikkola playing #4 for Florida and Cody Ceci playing #3 for Edmonton. I don't think spending excess on the 3rd pair is smart.
I tend to agree. I'd rather ride Juulsen/Friedman on our RD3 pairing. The Canucks showed last year that they were willing to enter the season as a work in progress and fill out their depth as the season went along.

I don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves either—but we could have Willander as a RD depth option as soon as this Spring too.

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
I tend to agree. I'd rather ride Juulsen/Friedman on our RD3 pairing. The Canucks showed last year that they were willing to enter the season as a work in progress and fill out their depth as the season went along.

I don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves either—but we could have Willander as a RD depth option as soon as this Spring too.
Defence by committee is what Tocchet always says. A few more D will need to be signed. 7/8 D and Abbotsford is going to need a couple.

AFP has Edmundson or Forbert around 1.5M

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
Elliotte Friedman hinting again on 32 Thoughts today that Tyler Toffoli is back on Vancouver's radar—perhaps as a Guentzel back-up.
Not a terrible back up plan but team could use more speed. Guentzel skates like Miller. Toffoli skates like Boeser.

Reactions: David71

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Elliotte Friedman hinting again on 32 Thoughts today that Tyler Toffoli is back on Vancouver's radar—perhaps as a Guentzel back-up.

That makes sense, the only aspect I don't like too much is that it's not exactly adding any speed to our forward group. But, him and Pettersson worked well together so at the right price (and term) I would be interested for sure.

I would really like to kick the can on Arvidsson on a short term deal where he's looking to rebuild value from having such injury plagued seasons. He's small but insanely tenacious and gets in under guys in the slot.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
Vancouver f***ing sucks if you're not rich. Calgary has been the much better city for my family and our friends that made the switch. We all bought houses two years ago.

Yeah hard to argue that........I'm not broke by any means but I moved to South America a year and a half ago and even though I still spend about the same my lifestyle here is 2x better........Maids, cooks, drivers etc. etc.

Van is stupid price wise.....

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Pettersson traded? He hasn't fit Tocchet's brand of hockey. And Rutherford did refer to fans reactions and team results of the Horvat trade. EP's game also nose dived right at rumour an signing time. Sign and trade this off season?

Forget all the BS about not having enough money for existing players, they can access 23 mil and don't NEED to sign 9 more FA's

They need to sign Myers, Joshua, Zadorov, Blueger and maybe add Dillion. They have more than enough for that. Of those listed Joshua and Blueger are the best candidates for replacement from Abbotsford. If Blueger and Joshua are let go then there would be another 4-5 mil available if Josh was going to get 3 and Blue 2.

That leaves quite a bit for a FA signing, around 9+ mil or to be used in trades.

They would need a lot of cap space if a Carolina is done.
But they would likely get other centers, Necas and KK (10% retention) with something else thrown in like say a #1 pick or/and Nikishin if a AA prospect is included. Or some other combination.

Moving off Mikheyev's contract would really open the possibilities.

If EP is dealt then replacing his points would be a group thing, Necas looks to be able to put up 70+ points, with more PP time closer to 80+. KK could be the 3rd line center, not bad at FO's and getting decent as a two way center.
That Nikishin kid looks like a good chance to crack the line up depending upon his KHL contract status. EP's cap hit would pay for all.

Reactions: Chiripa20

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
That’s not true at all, he said he wonders if Toffoli Could be a back up plan for Jake, considering the Canucks specifically talked about speed, he’s probably the last person I hope they get.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Really? We are splitting hairs with word choice…
It’s a big difference, at the very end he said that he just wonders if toffoli would be a backup option, usually when he talks about rumors, he talks about how he hears something.

I just listened to the clip again, it’s completely his opinion, it’s not insider speak whatsoever.

Sorry if this came off as harsh, I did not mean it to come off that way

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
It’s a big difference, at the very end he said that he just wonders if toffoli would be a backup option, usually when he talks about rumors, he talks about how he hears something.

I just listened to the clip again, it’s completely his opinion, it’s not insider speak whatsoever.

Sorry if this came off as harsh, I did not mean it to come off that way
His entire podcast is built upon taking stuff he hears and packaging it as speculation. Nothing gets mentioned without reason.

It’s how he can get away with it without falling into the same pitfalls as Frank Seravelli (who too often leans into proclamations).

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
Guentzel. Adding a perennial 40 goal guy could make our top-6 absolutely lethal and is the best way to get the most out of Pettersson.
Probably, with the one caveat being that defensive depth will suffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad