Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | League Wide Chaos

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, SCF chat, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Mikheyev is as good as gone. If they can't trade him he's getting bought out.

If you don't believe me just listen to the end of season interviews by management on the thoughts on Mikheyev.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Guentzel - Canes still in mix, can offer an 8th year that no one else can. Fierce competition for his services. Canucks will try, not out on him, but $9M at least will be the ask, and number might be too big for Vancouver.

Zadorov/Joshua - can't give a progress update on either. Very quiet on both. Still time, one phone call changes everything. But it's been quiet. Silence, crickets.

Tyler Motte - If Sam Lafferty leaves, wonders if Canucks will look at Motte. He'll be cheap, bring fourth line speed, Allvin talked about getting faster. Canucks didn't want to lose him, they made a good offer before he left. Motte was told "he should accept the Canucks' offer", didn't.

Ryan Lomberg - Another name to keep an eye on for Vancouver. Agitator presence.

He's been told the Canucks will not be going into July 1st unprepared. They are prepared - expects Canucks to kick tires on Chandler Stephenson (but doesn't expect him to come to Vancouver). They'll be very active, they're doing their homework right now.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
I have their functional capspace at 14m with 16/23 roster. So, yeah they probably won't blow everything on one player.
and apparently not an insignificant amount of that is going to Ghost lol.

Reactions: Vector

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Feels a bit like the Vrana situation where Yzerman dropped him like a hot potato out of nowhere surprising everyone, and then later the off ice stuff came out.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010

Guentzel - Canes still in mix, can offer an 8th year that no one else can. Fierce competition for his services. Canucks will try, not out on him, but $9M at least will be the ask, and number might be too big for Vancouver.

Zadorov/Joshua - can't give a progress update on either. Very quiet on both. Still time, one phone call changes everything. But it's been quiet. Silence, crickets.

Tyler Motte - If Sam Lafferty leaves, wonders if Canucks will look at Motte. He'll be cheap, bring fourth line speed, Allvin talked about getting faster. Canucks didn't want to lose him, they made a good offer before he left. Motte was told "he should accept the Canucks' offer", didn't.

Ryan Lomberg - Another name to keep an eye on for Vancouver. Agitator presence.

He's been told the Canucks will not be going into July 1st unprepared. They are prepared - expects Canucks to kick tires on Chandler Stephenson (but doesn't expect him to come to Vancouver). They'll be very active, they're doing their homework right now.

I'm preparing myself for them to do not much of anything atm.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
He's been told the Canucks will not be going into July 1st unprepared. They are prepared - They'll be very active, they're doing their homework right now.
It's insane that this even needs to be said. Why on earth would a pro sports management group EVER be UNPREPARED to go into the offseason? It would boggle the mind.

And yet...our minds were consistently boggled by the previous admin.

Reactions: Nucker42

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
It's insane that this even needs to be said. Why on earth would a pro sports management group EVER be UNPREPARED to go into the offseason? It would boggle the mind.

And yet...our minds were consistently boggled by the previous admin.

I take that to be Dhaliwal-speak for the Canucks intend to be busy and acquire some bodies, even if we don't land our A (or even B) targets.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
what would a Mikh buyout look like? thats going to be a lot of dead cap with him andOEL.

My wife just said yes please bring Lomberg to Van. :help:

Lomberg getting ready to put on his skates:

1719348423170.png

I take that to be Dhaliwal-speak for the Canucks intend to be busy and acquire some bodies, even if we don't land our A (or even B) targets.
Sure, but it's such a weird way of saying it. They are prepared. They've done their homework. They know about numbers and how to draw up contracts and such. Their cell phones are charged and their macbooks have all the latest updates installed. They are taking regular naps and are well hydrated.

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006
The only reason I believe the Red Wings traded Walman is because they are signing Zadorov.

It makes total sense:
- Walman hits the griddy, kids love it, Red Wings go "this guy needs to stay"

- Zadorov then does the griddy 100000x better then Walman and now the Red Wings go "well we have to sign this guy and get rid of the worse griddy guy"

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Mikheyev is as good as gone. If they can't trade him he's getting bought out.

If you don't believe me just listen to the end of season interviews by management on the thoughts on Mikheyev.
If it took a 2nd to trade Walman... that doesn't bode well for Mik getting traded.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Lomberg would be nice at close to minimum but he just won a cup and some team is going overpay for him. Would rather have Motte from a hockey standpoint. Is Juho Lammikko still around?

Reactions: Kickassguy

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
View attachment 887193

Not terrible. The next year would sting a bit with the OEL cap hit. But having his deadweight on the team will hurt even more.

That year of 6 mil total dead cap is gonna hurt. I think it's...Demko's contract year? Also, our prospect pool is not great. Hoping for Willander and Lekk to make some big jumps ahead but that seems unlikely.

Mr. Clean and Moleman did their best, but the team handed to them was not in good shape at all, and the margin of error is becoming so impossibly thin...

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Incoming Red Wings trade with the Rangers at a below market price, to complete the NMC circumvention.

It would make too much sense so it won't happen. In my mind I'm thinking maybe Trouba or Lindgren plus kakko to DET.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad