Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | League Wide Chaos

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, SCF chat, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Can't wait to miss out on all the high prized UFA's and be forced to sign Zaitsev, K. Kapanen and Colin Miller.

A line with both Kapanen and Mikheyev would make my brains blow out.

• Haha
Reactions: HockeyWooot

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

Guentzel - Canes still in mix, can offer an 8th year that no one else can. Fierce competition for his services. Canucks will try, not out on him, but $9M at least will be the ask, and number might be too big for Vancouver.

Zadorov/Joshua - can't give a progress update on either. Very quiet on both. Still time, one phone call changes everything. But it's been quiet. Silence, crickets.

Tyler Motte - If Sam Lafferty leaves, wonders if Canucks will look at Motte. He'll be cheap, bring fourth line speed, Allvin talked about getting faster. Canucks didn't want to lose him, they made a good offer before he left. Motte was told "he should accept the Canucks' offer", didn't.

Ryan Lomberg - Another name to keep an eye on for Vancouver. Agitator presence.

He's been told the Canucks will not be going into July 1st unprepared. They are prepared - expects Canucks to kick tires on Chandler Stephenson (but doesn't expect him to come to Vancouver). They'll be very active, they're doing their homework right now.

These guys crack me up. I’ll take Guentzel over Zadorov/Myers/Joshua all day

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver

-Guentzel is a target for the Rangers
-will command around a 7y/8.5m deal
-talk around him and the Canucks is very real
-Hurricanes still want to re-sign him

8.5 feels more manageable. Still worried about being too top-heavy in terms of cap space.

Reactions: Szechwan

aregora

Jan 6, 2018
There now appears to be too many teams in on Guentzel to think that signing him is anything more than an outside shot.
It's like the draft lottery. Except this time we have 22 out of 100 ping pong balls in the Guentzel Signing Lottery

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
That year of 6 mil total dead cap is gonna hurt. I think it's...Demko's contract year? Also, our prospect pool is not great. Hoping for Willander and Lekk to make some big jumps ahead but that seems unlikely.

Mr. Clean and Moleman did their best, but the team handed to them was not in good shape at all, and the margin of error is becoming so impossibly thin...

Demko is the year after, thankfully. Boeser, Hoglander and Suter are our FAs going into next year. And it's actually 7M of dead cap (4.7M for OEL and 2.1M for Mik).

We're basically saying good-bye to Boeser without another massive cap jump. Even in that scenario, we'd basically ice the same team since we couldn't make any improvements whatsoever with that much cap being tied up.

It's pretty much why I've been banging the drum of just paying whatever asset's needed to dump Mikheyev. We simply can't afford it.

Although, it's getting increasingly worrisome management just refuses to accept that reality and decides to keep him. I'll be more than a little disappointment if we lose out on big names because they're balking over a draft pick.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
There now appears to be too many teams in on Guentzel to think that signing him is anything more than an outside shot.
Agreed. If anything I think we get blue balled hard these next few days since using the Canucks as leverage seems like a no brainer with guys like dhaliwal being bros with agents and buying whatever they tell him.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
The only way it happens is if he really wants to play here. The Canucks won't be able to outbid a lot of these teams with Mikheyev still on the books.

Reactions: Nucker101

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I have no idea how to read any of this. I don't think the Canucks are handicapped in anyway but I don't think there's a clear favourite either.

Our main sell will be competitive:

1. The City
2. $$$$
3. Opportunity ( PP1, linemates with a 100 point centre in his prime)
4. Familiarity with Management and Coach

Hopefully Boeser through his agent which happens to be Guentzels agent, is doing some behind the scenes tampering for us.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

1. The City
2. $$$$

Hopefully Boeser through his agent which happens to be Guentzels agent, is doing some behind the scenes tampering for us.
Kind of tough for the agent because signing Guentzel hurts the Canucks ability to pay Boeser who loves it here.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

1. The City
2. $$$$

If you trust Friedman, Guentzel's main focus is on the fit. That's where the Canucks have an advantage is that he knows management, coaching staff, training staff, and the players. Everything else is even with the rest of the league.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
If you trust Friedman, Guentzel's main focus is on the fit. That's where the Canucks have an advantage is that he knows management, coaching staff, training staff, and the players. Everything else is even with the rest of the league.
Friedman is super cautious but worries me is that he sounded more optimistic about Guentzel a few days ago than he did last night. You really have to read between the lines with Friedman is what I’ve learned this season.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I have no idea how to read any of this. I don't think the Canucks are handicapped in anyway but I don't think there's a clear favourite either.

History tends to tell me that if you hear 6-8 teams linked to a target including big-market/O6 US teams, we probably aren’t going to be the choice. Especially when it’s a US-born player.

This also lines up with the bump in Toffoli rumours over the last few days.

But we’ll see.

Reactions: Hodgy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad