Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | League Wide Chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, SCF chat, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Jeesh Tanev and Toffoli????

Both should be considered nothing but #5D and 6F in terms of salary and what they could bring

Unfortunately both are looking at 5 million and term. Im not jumping on those grenades popular guys or not.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Stay far away from Marner. No doubt he’s talented but the $ he’d demand (a la his dad) and the potential headcase of paying like $12M to Marner and Pettersson to noshow on the same line is a nightmare. I am a Marner hater

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
priority #1, if he's willing to sign here, should be dylan demelo.

no rumblings about him so won't hold my breathe, but given how management operates still hopeful

I'd love DeMelo but there's been nothing linking him to the Canucks. He's also going to be too expensive unless they move Mikheyev and go really cheap elsewhere on the roster.

Reactions: bossram

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Stay far away from Marner. No doubt he’s talented but the $ he’d demand (a la his dad) and the potential headcase of paying like $12M to Marner and Pettersson to noshow on the same line is a nightmare. I am a Marner hater
It won’t matter. There are enough interested teams that TO would get a better offer elsewhere.

Brenden Dillon is an Ian Cole replacement. Should expect about the same level of play overall with more noticeable physicality.
And hopefully less own goals.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
we need to find the next Miller and obviously it's unlikely he's gonna be Miller good but my point stands

If we trade our 1st and buyout Mikhayev and get the exact player we want at 23-26 on a good value contract you kill 2 birds with one stone

You avoid the UFA 30yr old anchor contract in 3-4yrs. You maintain roster flexibility given you can trade said player if a prospect blows the doors off and Mikhayev's dead money and that players salary are less that a maxed out UFA big name player.

If we pay to trade Mikhayev a huge price then go and get Guentzel were screwed in 3 yrs unless him and Miller can defy the aging process

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
On D

Hronek's 3m raise which should off set with what Myers will take coming back

Cole's money can be allocated for Zadorov's 1.2 to 1.6 m raise and then just find a cheap vet that wants a shot a cup after the dust settles in free agency.

A Bogosian type guy that can spell Juulsen Friedman McWard and give us depth. Could even be closer to the deadline

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
assuming pesce gets ~$6m/yr, that's almost $20m on the right side. they have just siegenthaler and hughes on the left. spending 4x more on one side of your d group vs the other seems like a bold strategy.

pesce is a good fit there, so not questioning the add. but they could cash in on the handedness premium by moving marino and adding a guy like sanheim, and probably not needing to pay much in net assets to make that happen.

It's an extremely nice luxury I wish we had. A couple ELC's and good Siegenthaler deal allows you to spend more on that right side and really make it a top notch D in the NHL. If Nemec stays up this year or even if he goes down as @Vector suggested what a projection for the future.

Siegenthaler Hamilton
Hughes Pesce
Hatakka Marino/Nemec

Also really handy to have the LD covered for at least 4 years and be able to allocate $$ to the harder to find RD side. That defence would be set for years ... just need to address the 3LD perhaps as I don't know too much about Hatakka who line up combinations has penciled in now that Bahl is gone. Add Markstrom in net and they could really transform the team in a hurry.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
On D

Hronek's 3m raise which should off set with what Myers will take coming back

Cole's money can be allocated for Zadorov's 1.2 to 1.6 m raise and then just find a cheap vet that wants a shot a cup after the dust settles in free agency.

A Bogosian type guy that can spell Juulsen Friedman McWard and give us depth. Could even be closer to the deadline
You missed a few guys on the depth chart before mcward there.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Demko and Mikheyev for Marner@ 50%.

Canucks would net a top 6 forward and 5M in salary space to sign other players.

Canucks might have to take Woll back but he and Silovs would likely do well as a tandem.

Neither Marner's or Woll's next contract kick in until next year, when the cap is really thought to jump up.

Could work for both teams.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
You missed a few guys on the depth chart before mcward there.
Right side depth

Canucks might have to take Woll back but he and Silovs would likely do well as a tandem.

Neither Marner's or Woll's next contract kick in until next year, when the cap is really thought to jump up.

I just threw up a little...Hockey God Marner as a pending UFA?

And there is zero chance they eat that much salary and take back Mikhayev plus throw in Wall

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick Lang

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
That Marner news is wild. We all knew that was the case but to have it publicly leak "he's 100% done here" is nuts.

This screams Vegas to me

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
Is there? Right now the entire right side is Hronek, Juulsen, Friedman, and McWard. There's no one else signed to a contract.
If you want to be strict then sure but he was the 3RD in the AHL this year, not really worth even mentioning among NHLers unless you like the player (that poster does).

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
I mean if we packaged Mikheyev and added some other non meaningful assets - is it really that bad if it’s only for 1 year? (Re: Marner) We can just put the top 6 issue next offseason if Marner completely blows in the playoffs.

2 birds 1 stone?

Obviously not ideal but it isn’t the worst thing I guess?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
marner needs to go to a low key us team where fans will not be as aware of what a dink he is. all his well earned baggage would follow him to a canadian team and he'd demand a trade within a couple of years.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Was clamouring in 2020 that the Leafs move Marner for one of Ottawa's or Detroits 1st rounders

Could have had Sanderson or Raymond and 10 million in cap space to reset with and keep Hyman and others but heh that Core 4 sure has looked good capped out and good in the regular season

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
we need to find the next Miller and obviously it's unlikely he's gonna be Miller good but my point stands

If we trade our 1st and buyout Mikhayev and get the exact player we want at 23-26 on a good value contract you kill 2 birds with one stone

You avoid the UFA 30yr old anchor contract in 3-4yrs. You maintain roster flexibility given you can trade said player if a prospect blows the doors off and Mikhayev's dead money and that players salary are less that a maxed out UFA big name player.

If we pay to trade Mikhayev a huge price then go and get Guentzel were screwed in 3 yrs unless him and Miller can defy the aging process
Cirelli could be a "Miller Like" acquisition, especially in Tbay wants to re-sign Stamkos and are not happy with Cirelli's production against his point total.

Could play LW and C.

Reactions: BimJenning

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I wonder if Lafreniere will be made available at the end of next season (or sooner). Soon to be RFA, finally broke out for 57 points. He must not be thrilled about the idea of staying in NY given everything that's happened.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
If you want to be strict then sure but he was the 3RD in the AHL this year, not really worth even mentioning among NHLers unless you like the player (that poster does).

I mean...that's how a depth chart works. There's literally no one above him who can play in the NHL this year. You can shift over Soucy but that leaves a similar hole on the left side.

LD:
Hughes
Soucy
Wolanin
Hirose
Pettersson
Kudryavtsev
Mynio

RD:
Hronek
Juulsen
Friedman