Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Chaos Undivided

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: mathonwy

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what?

when did they do this?
JR/PA by their trade deadline aggressively trying to acquire him - even trying to swap Lindholm to Boston to make it work.

I remember Tocchet talking about Guentzel in an interview this season going back when he coached him in Pittsburgh and how good of a playoff performer he was. Not sure if anyone can find it.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I do think that Toronto will be where Tanev ends up if he doesn't stay in Dallas or sign in Van.

Agreed. I think the Senators are actually a good bet if they can get his brother. Canucks won't be willing to compete with the offers even if he takes a discount.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
This is clickbait by a nobody. Or he could be right and I’m an asshole.
Multiple things can be true at the same time...

Agreed. I think the Senators are actually a good bet if they can get his brother. Canucks won't be willing to compete with the offers even if he takes a discount.
I'm far from convinced we are getting Tanev. I think we stand a better chance of getting Carrier and/Dillon. And we still really do need two Dmen. Could be Cole and Edmunson, which would be all kinds of depressing.

ProviesGhost

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
All teams leaking intentions to media. If Guentzel makes it to FA (which seems likely) we offer a good fit, team on the rise, money, a beautiful city and a familiar management group. Who can make a more compelling offer than us?

Not rhetorical, I’m legitimately asking.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I'm far from convinced we are getting Tanev. I think we stand a better chance of getting Carrier and/Dillon. And we still really do need two Dmen. Could be Cole and Edmunson, which would be all kinds of depressing.

If they walk away from the off-season with Cole/Edmundson/Juulsen then the defence is not good enough. And I've been a big proponent for patience and how they can always add during the season. I would like to see a Carrier/Dillon or whatever and then a Cole/Edmundson on a cheaper deal.

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
All teams leaking intentions to media. If Guentzel makes it to FA (which seems likely) we offer a good fit, team on the rise, money, a beautiful city and a familiar management group. Who can make a more compelling offer than us?

Not rhetorical, I’m legitimately asking.
If 8x8 is what he wants then I wanna know how much 64mill is Vancouver tax rate vs North Carolina rate.

Reactions: ProviesGhost

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
The "getting Brandon to get Chris" thing is just so hilarious to me that I haven't really been taking it seriously but you're probably right.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Multiple things can be true at the same time...

Carrier and Dillon would be a win in my books. I’m actually not convinced I’m not more interested in Carrier than Tanev based on age and projected cap hit.

Reactions: ziploc

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Hard to imagine Tampa clearing that much cap if they didn’t feel certain they’d get their man.

The Sergachev trade looks like a really nice swap for them, though - and they extracted surprising value for Jeannot.

Brisebois having a really nice day.

Vegas continues to be possibly one of the biggest asshole franchises in existence. What a thing to do to Thomson today.

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
If 8x8 is what he wants then I wanna know how much 64mill is Vancouver tax rate vs North Carolina rate.
According to this calculator (not totally sure how accurate it is), if you're making $8M AAV, you pay:

$4,230,655 in taxes in Vancouver = $3,769,345 take home pay
$3,298,187 in taxes in North Carolina = $4,701,813 take home pay
$2,918,187 in taxes in Tampa Bay = $5,081,813 take home pay

*edited to add take home pay

Reactions: Sexy Necksy Garland

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
If they walk away from the off-season with Cole/Edmundson/Juulsen then the defence is not good enough. And I've been a big proponent for patience and how they can always add during the season. I would like to see a Carrier/Dillon or whatever and then a Cole/Edmundson on a cheaper deal.

soucy/myers is a bad second pairing also. ideally they'd add someone to push at least one of those guys down to the third pair. either side is fine but they need to be a legit top four defender

i also think they need to sign a veteran LD who can pk either way. i'd prefer it wasn't cole but they don't need to spend a lot of money

Reactions: Vector

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
On Ian Cole - don’t mind him back at all on a reduced cap. $2M or less being ideal. He was a big part of our PK and a good, calming presence. As awful a run of luck as he had against Edmonton, he was vital in our series against Nashville.

We need a second pairing man (or two), but I have no issue bringing Cole back on the third pairing depending on cost.

DeSmith is someone I am a bit more meh about. He had a good start last year, and a shaky middle before some good games towards the end. A bit inconsistent. Granted the hope is Silovs backs up Demko - but if DeSmith is willing to re sign for $1M or less, I’d be fine with it. Would be equally fine seeing us bring in a different veteran (Martin Jones, for example)

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
LA getting bigger at forward.
Canucks getting smaller at defence
Allvin - View attachment 889349
Marino gone, Tanev going, Guentzel not coming, Toffoli ....Group C picks?:facepalm: Dillion for 5 mil?

5'11" now considered small, 6' smallish. Teams loading up on big defence, Vancouver moving in the other direction.

Guess where Zadorov is going? Tampa? and a cup?

Maybe still a blockbuster trade to come for the Canucks.🤞👍
Dude take a laxative your going to explode. Off season just starting.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
soucy/myers is a bad second pairing also. ideally they'd add someone to push at least one of those guys down to the third pair. either side is fine but they need to be a legit top four defender

i also think they need to sign a veteran LD who can pk either way. i'd prefer it wasn't cole but they don't need to spend a lot of money

Yup, that's how I'd see it as well. I like Soucy-Myers a lot more than you but I don't want to rely on them as a traditional second pairing. Would much rather have another pairing that can equal their ice-time.

Reactions: GranvilleIsland

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
According to this calculator (not totally sure how accurate it is), if you're making $8M AAV, you pay:

$4,230,655 in taxes in Vancouver
$3,298,187 in taxes in North Carolina
$2,918,187 in taxes in Tampa Bay

Ok here we go eh

7 459 744 is what I get here that he theoretically loses by doing 8x8 here vs NC. So taxes minded we need to get him 7.5ish more mill than 8x8. We can offer 7 years. 64 plus 7.5 is 71.5. Divide by 7.

10.2ish a year for seven years?

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver

Ideally they'd have a puck-moving guy playing with Soucy. Technically that's what Myers is supposed to be but at this point, especially in Tocchet's system and playing with Soucy, he's been more of a shut-down guy. Those days are behind him. I know Tocchet said he wants to work over the summer with the coaching staff to come up with ideas to encourage the players to take more risks offensively, but I'd rather have someone else doing that with Soucy than Myers lol.

I think a lot depends on what happens with Willander's development this year. Ideally, for this team's timeline, he's playing top 4 minutes with the Canucks in 25-26. Either:

Hughes - Willander
Soucy - Hronek

or

Hughes - Hronek
Soucy - Willander

If that doesn't appear to be the case, I wouldn't be surprised if they trade him this season/next off-season to get a piece who can step in and play in one of those spots in 25-26. I like him as a prospect and I believe he'll get there eventually, but if he doesn't fit the timeline, I can see them moving him (along with other assets) if they can get the right piece in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad