Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Chaos Undivided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: mathonwy

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
McGroarty with ehlers and sign toffoli cheap and the top nine is fixed.

Kadri retained and andersson and we probably win the cup, or get record playoff game suspensions either way would be exciting.

I'll settle for Cirelli, or Laine, even Jeff skinner...
I would rather have skinner or laine over toffoli,

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006

I have more confidence that Toffoli would work with Pettersson over those options. It's all about getting him going.

@TruGr1t What do you think of the Marino futures return? NJ has a lot of young players to re-sign in the near future, and they will target LHDs before a winger, imo.

Last edited:

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
If Guentzel doesn’t sign in Carolina, I bet he takes the Tampa option. I would probably take the Tampa option…

Stays in the US, sunny state, no tax, play with Kuch/Point/Hedman/Vasi to retirement.
Who would be his center in tampa? That will certainly play into his decision.

He will have Pettersson or Miller here.
Center? Point, Cirelli, Stamkos, Does it matter? If he is the saviour for EP's game then he would elevate Roy's as well.

Don't forget Vegas as well, they are getting cap space and can make trades.

So Miller, they just trade Boeser then? Pettersson, the way he fell on his face for the last half of the season? BS on the knee tendonitis, no doctor anywhere would suggest keep playing. Beside tendonitis shows in walking and especially in skating. That had nothing to do with missing one timers altogether or his blind passes that he wouldn't do before. Bobbling the puck. losing all those puck battles. Remember he used to be knocking the puck out of the air. Unless he was overdosing on pain killers, maybe he got ? for pain, that might explain the other stuff.

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
McGroarty with ehlers and sign toffoli cheap and the top nine is fixed.

Kadri retained and andersson and we probably win the cup, or get record playoff game suspensions either way would be exciting.

I'll settle for Cirelli, or Laine, even Jeff skinner...

What are you paying to get McGroarty and Ehlers?

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Canucks circling back on Ian Cole. Cole was good in the regular season and 1st round of the playoffs, he’s solid physically and dished out some nice hits over the season. Teams around the league will remember his unfortunate series against the Oilers lol he won’t get much on the open market, Canucks might be able to resign him for around 1.5-2M for another season.
The step backwards. Picking up the leftovers?
The Huberdeau special
Scary thought. How long would they hang on to him if he did fail here?

There will be lots of left out players from other teams, most will be better than what is here. At least that seems to be the thought. IMO this was a group I would have tried to keep together at least for some of the year. The RW EP playmate issue won't be solved if EP plays like he did the last half again, he would need Crosby he was that bad for what he is being paid.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
What about Erick Johnson? Good size, won Cup with the Avs, affordable veteran.

Hughes-Hronek
Soucy-Myers
Cole-Johnson

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I have more confidence that Toffoli would work with Pettersson over those options. It's all about getting him going.

@TruGr1t What do you think of the Marino futures return? NJ has a lot of young players to re-sign in the near future, and they will target LHDs before a winger, imo.

It’s about what I expected, but we aren’t really in a position to make those types of trades, unfortunately, since we’ve moved a lot of picks to ditch salary. So you’re gonna miss out on a lot of those sort of various picks for NHL player type trades.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
It’s about what I expected, but we aren’t really in a position to make those types of trades, unfortunately, since we’ve moved a lot of picks to ditch salary. So you’re gonna miss out on a lot of those sort of various picks for NHL player type trades.

I recall our conversation about Garland going back. They didn't want cap back. And yes, a futures deal bounces VAN out.

Damn Vegas got Holtz.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I recall our conversation about Garland going back. They didn't want cap back. And yes, a futures deal bounces VAN out.

Damn Vegas got Holtz.

Yeah that would have been sort of ideal on our side, but the caveat was always if they wanted picks we’re not in a position to do that, which is somewhat unfortunate as we could absorb salary in deals like that at the moment.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013

I'm with bleach on toffoli, known quantity that works, he liked it here, teammates liked him here. He's older and probably tired of moving around I think he scores 30 here easy with a cheap aav, mid term deal and ntc.

Laine or skinner would be high offense moves but who knows about fit or system adjustment. Skinner can score and Laines ceiling is sky high if he ever gets comfortable/healthy/right situation etc. Vancouver is a better, more open minded city with great teammates/coaches/strong systems play, I can see it maybe working out extremely well.

What are you paying to get McGroarty and Ehlers?
Pretty much anything at this point to get anyone that moves the needle as much as those unlikely options.
I'd bet only lekk and willander are off the table as an organization this summer to tdl.

Reactions: Bleach Clean

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
Why in god’s name would NJ give up Holtz for Cotter?
They don't really like Holtz. He's struggled there and will need a new contract next year.

Mercer needs a contract, Pesce will need a contract, and (if rumours are to be believed) Dillon will need a contract.

They're still not cash-strapped by any means but Luke will need an extension next year, Nemec the year after, Hischier the year after that, etc.

Still a puzzling deal for them to make though, not sure this was great value for them.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I once heckled Erik Johnson at the World Juniors in Vancouver.

He got a penalty and czechia (I think) scored on them. So I yelled out "Sucks to your Asthmar Johnson!"

The lady in front of me turned around and reprimanded me for swearing in front of her child.

A. I was behind, not in front of, her child; and
B. I didn't swear. I was quoting Willliam Golding's Lord of the Flies. I was educating her child.

So no, I don't really want EJ coming to the Canucks.
Cole-Johnson is nightmare fuel. EJ is a locker room legend but the guy's cooked.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
holtz kind of sucks. cotter is a good 4th liner who is signed cheap for two more years

i am kind of surprised vegas made this deal

Vegas is taking an upside swing while 4th liners are more easily replaced.

Edit: Cotter is trending more 3rd line imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: VanillaCoke

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
Vegas is taking an upside swing while 4th liners are more easily replaced.

Edit: Cotter is trending more 3rd line imo.
Fitzgerald has been trying to add size, grit, and toughness. The Devils have plenty of speed and skill in their high-end players, they need some rough and tumble guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad