Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Chaos Undivided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: mathonwy

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Hard to imagine Tampa clearing that much cap if they didn’t feel certain they’d get their man.

The Sergachev trade looks like a really nice swap for them, though - and they extracted surprising value for Jeannot.

Brisebois having a really nice day.

Vegas continues to be possibly one of the biggest asshole franchises in existence. What a thing to do to Thomson today.
That’s my take on Guentzel, too. If Tampa is swinging for him, they offer a better year-round climate, less travel, and less tax than Vancouver. It’s hard to compete against that.

Pretty much if Tampa, Florida, Vegas, or NYR ever enter a premium free agency race against you—you are f***ed.

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
On Ian Cole - don’t mind him back at all on a reduced cap. $2M or less being ideal. He was a big part of our PK and a good, calming presence. As awful a run of luck as he had against Edmonton, he was vital in our series against Nashville.
I like Cole. That Edmonton series was a nightmare, and a run of bad luck like that is unlikely to repeat itself. He was battling an injury and played too many minutes in the regular season due to Soucy's injuries. If Soucy stays healthy and Cole can play 3rd-pairing minutes on a reduced cap hit, I'd be more than happy to have him re-sign.

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Ideally they'd have a puck-moving guy playing with Soucy. Technically that's what Myers is supposed to be but at this point, especially in Tocchet's system and playing with Soucy, he's been more of a shut-down guy. Those days are behind him. I know Tocchet said he wants to work over the summer with the coaching staff to come up with ideas to encourage the players to take more risks offensively, but I'd rather have someone else doing that with Soucy than Myers lol.

I think a lot depends on what happens with Willander's development this year. Ideally, for this team's timeline, he's playing top 4 minutes with the Canucks in 25-26. Either:

Hughes - Willander
Soucy - Hronek

or

Hughes - Hronek
Soucy - Willander

If that doesn't appear to be the case, I wouldn't be surprised if they trade him this season/next off-season to get a piece who can step in and play in one of those spots in 25-26. I like him as a prospect and I believe he'll get there eventually, but if he doesn't fit the timeline, I can see them moving him (along with other assets) if they can get the right piece in return.
I just wanna enter the thought into the ether of someone at Aquilini Tower being like "What if...we introduced a little risk into Myers' game?"

:laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: ameselare

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
Tampa leaking their interest hard because if they can't get Stamkos or Guentzel then the move might not be too popular in the room.
They'll keep Stamkos. Hedman (or his agent, can't remember) said he's waiting on what happens with Stamkos before he re-signs. Hedman & Stamkos for Sergachev.

They've moved Jeannot and will probably try to move a guy like Sheary as well.

I just wanna enter the thought into the ether of someone at Aquilini Tower being like "What if...we introduced a little risk into Myers' game?"

:laugh:
Gives me anxiety lol

• Love
Reactions: Sexy Necksy Garland

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
That’s my take on Guentzel, too. If Tampa is swinging for him, they offer a better year-round climate, less travel, and less tax than Vancouver. It’s hard to compete against that.

Pretty much if Tampa, Florida, Vegas, or NYR ever enter a premium free agency race against you—you are f***ed.
All with proof of concept rings too

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Canucks leaked their interest in Guentzel early. Hell, he knew they wanted him at the trade deadline. His agent knows exactly what the Canucks are willing to offer. He doesn't even really need to talk to management or the coaching staff. He has all the information he needs on here.
Ok, but does he have a dog? And can we arrange a zoom(ies) call with Hronek's dog? Cause Attilla really, really likes it here...

Reactions: ProviesGhost

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
Ok, but does he have a dog? And can we arrange a zoom(ies) call with Hronek's dog? Cause Attilla really, really likes it here...
I like Hronek saying on Walsh's podcast that Attilla doesn't like walking in the rain, but also that he won't put a rain jacket on his dog. I know Attilla's a Czech dog, but if you want him to be a Vancouver dog, you're gonna need to put a rain jacket on him lol

Reactions: Lindgren and ziploc

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Canucks leaked their interest in Guentzel early. Hell, he knew they wanted him at the trade deadline. His agent knows exactly what the Canucks are willing to offer. He doesn't even really need to talk to management or the coaching staff. He has all the information he needs on here.

Among the many questions he has before him is - does he feel Tampa is at the end / closing of their window, while the Canucks are possibly at the start of theirs?

I think that’s the really key question that might work in our favour a bit. Everything else (or almost everything) lands pretty much in Tampa’s favour.

Reactions: ProviesGhost

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I like Hronek saying on Walsh's podcast that Attilla doesn't like walking in the rain, but also that he won't put a rain jacket on his dog. I know Attilla's a Czech dog, but if you want him to be a Vancouver dog, you're gonna need to put a rain jacket on him lol
My dog (Chewbarka) doesn't love the rain, and has a rain jacket and booties. You have to be prepared.

Guentzel lived for years in Pittsburgh though, so Vancouver would be a kind of paradise.

I didn't love Tampa Bay personally, but then again I've only been to the airport.

Reactions: ameselare

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Among the many questions he has before him is - does he feel Tampa is at the end / closing of their window, while the Canucks are possibly at the start of theirs?

I think that’s the really key question that might work in our favour a bit. Everything else (or almost everything) lands pretty much in Tampa’s favour.

The big thing Friedman and Seravalli have said, but come to different conclusions, is that Guentzel really prioritizes fit. The biggest advantage the Canucks have from an organization is the comfort they can offer him.

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
My dog (Chewbarka) doesn't love the rain, and has a rain jacket and booties. You have to be prepared.

Guentzel lived for years in Pittsburgh though, so Vancouver would be a kind of paradise.

I didn't love Tampa Bay personally, but then again I've only been to the airport.
I've found Houston and Phoenix to be the two most boring cities on Earth for this reason.

Reactions: ziploc

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
The big thing Friedman and Seravalli have said, but come to different conclusions, is that Guentzel really prioritizes fit. The biggest advantage the Canucks have from an organization is the comfort they can offer him.
Fit in terms of roster/where the team's at in their competitive window, or with regards to coaching staff/management/teammates/lifestyle? Or both?

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Fit in terms of roster/where the team's at in their competitive window, or with regards to coaching staff/management/teammates/lifestyle? Or both?

Both. Reports are he's very intrigued by playing on a line with Pettersson. He's comfortable with the entire coaching staff, management, and training staff. He's friends with Boeser and Blueger and they all share the same agent.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
We may as well save the cap space for Draisaitl.
image0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad