Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Chaos Undivided

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: mathonwy

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
usatsi_20324613_168400956_lowres.jpg

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Both. Reports are he's very intrigued by playing on a line with Pettersson. He's comfortable with the entire coaching staff, management, and training staff. He's friends with Boeser and Blueger and they all share the same agent.

The only other Guentzel factor that may come into play is if Carolina figures they are out—they may choose to trade his rights or do a sign-and-trade.

They may choose to only work with a team in the west (like Vancouver) rather than hand him over to a conference rival like Tampa.

moar

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
Both. Reports are he's very intrigued by playing on a line with Pettersson. He's comfortable with the entire coaching staff, management, and training staff. He's friends with Boeser and Blueger and they all share the same agent.
I haven't seen the Pettersson report. Was that Friedge or Frank? Or someone else?

I think the two main things the Canucks have working against them are:

1. Taxes, especially if Tampa is involved

2. Location (West Coast) - Vancouver is very far away from where he's from/where his family lives, and from where he's lived for the majority of his adult life thus far. He's only ever played in the Eastern Conference, and isn't used to the travel playing for the Canucks requires. Some guys really aren't into that, not sure if he's one of them, but he could be.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
The only other Guentzel factor that may come into play is if Carolina figures they are out—they may choose to trade his rights or do a sign-and-trade.

They may choose to only work with a team in the west (like Vancouver) rather than hand him over to a conference rival like Tampa.
This is the only flaw in your (good) idea.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I owe that Toronto insider an apology
Ughhh I don’t want to see Tanev do well on Toronto

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Yup, that's how I'd see it as well. I like Soucy-Myers a lot more than you but I don't want to rely on them as a traditional second pairing. Would much rather have another pairing that can equal their ice-time.

i don't think either are so bad they can't play on the second pairing i just don't like them together. they both need a guy who can win retrievals and clear the zone alongside them. together they are way too prone to getting hemmed in

Reactions: pitseleh

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
If Treliving wants to overpay both Tanev and Zadorov (still think Toronto really wants Big Z), he can go right ahead. Tre is just Benning with better PR. He had some great draft picks too, and gives out horrendous contracts.

Reactions: tradervik

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Tanev won’t sign with Toronto. Hughes has already spoke/recruited him for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad