Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Chaos Undivided

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: mathonwy

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Zadorov and Tanev means you’ll have five defenders with term and trade protection. Zero flexibility to pivot.

Rather just one or the other

If we can maintain a good relationship with the players, barring some catastrophic PR disaster, when time comes, those with NMC/NTC would still consider helping the team (and themselves), no?

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

Paraphrasing:
  • Guentzel had an ask for Carolina to do 8y x $8m, and the word in Vegas this morning is that Carolina indicated that they would do that.
  • We are waiting to see if it gets hammered out.
  • There are some teams that believe he is gonna stay.
  • There are some teams who believe teams like Tampa and Vancouver will take runs if he makes it to market.
Bo Horvat got an off-season gig on the McAfee show? Good for him

• Love
Reactions: wonton15

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Maybe people will notice what's been bothering me about McAfee for a while, his co-host* looks like a Fallout 1 talking head NPC. Except he emotes far less.

*it's former Packer AJ Hawk which is weird because I figured a guy named AJ Hawk would look much cooler.

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Maybe people will notice what's been bothering me about McAfee for a while, his co-host* looks like a Fallout 1 talking head NPC. Except he emotes far less.

*it's former Packer AJ Hawk which is weird because I figured a guy named AJ Hawk would look much cooler.

He's just practicing for the eventual AJ Hawk - Tua Tagovailoa podcast once Tua retires.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

When you're right you're right.
:laugh:

fallout-talking-head.gif

Reactions: Vector

cc

Feb 28, 2002
seeing that Guentzel is likely off the board, I'd maybe try focusing on stacking the defense with Tanev and Zadorov and look at lower cost forwards like Olofsson and Stenlund to round out the roster and hope they break out here

Reactions: Lackhalak

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
I can't see Marchessault leaving the US. I think the only Canadian team I see him landing on is Montreal.

let's imagine vegas wants to extend marchessault.

vegas has 20/23 roster slots filled with $6.2m in cap. they could potentially trade barbashev, roy, karlsson, mcnabb, whitecloud, or maybe theodore then re-up marchessault and infill the rest with low salaries. i don't think hague clears enough cap. a trade option might be attractive to vegas to retain marchessault, especially if they get a cheap serviceable player back.

are any of those players of interest to us?

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
If Guentzel is off of the board, I would be more than happy signing Tanev and Zadorov. Our defense would be solid and a pain to play against by playoff time. Add in Heinen and Motte for depth, then see what you have left to look for a top 6. Unfortunately I think plan B or C will be Toffoli.

Silovs, Zadorov, Tanev, Heinen, Motte, Toffoli

Would work to start off the season.

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
seeing that Guentzel is likely off the board, I'd maybe try focusing on stacking the defense with Tanev and Zadorov and look at lower cost forwards like Olofsson and Stenlund to round out the roster and hope they break out here

...yeah this Canucks team is definitely regressing if this is how things end up.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Stamkos:
-will be a free agenty on July 1st
-Lightning need to up their offer

Canucks:
-Maple Leafs still targeting Chris Tanev
-Tanev and Zadorov are Maple Leafs preferred options
-all watching the Jake Guentzel scenario
-doesn't think the report of Zadorov asking for 6m is accurate
-most are speculating that Bruins are the most likely fit for Lindholm
-Canucks are interested in Chandler Stephenson

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Stamkos would be fine for a year or two but I can see him falling off fast. Like really fast. And someone like Detroit will give him stupid term like 4 years.

This is one of the most talented players in the past couple decades to lace up the skates. He's been over a ppg the last 7 years totaling 81, 84, and 106 the last 3 years. I wouldn't be too concerned myself. What an incredible add that would be to Petterson's line.

Vector's AFP has him at 3 yrs/$6.16 per. I would gladly give him $7.5 over 3 or 4 years but he probably wants more. He'd be signed already imo if that's all he wanted.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Latest from Patrick Johnston on Guentzel:

There’s some notion that Carolina thinks they’ve re-signed Guentzel, but a source said that this is just bluster from the Hurricanes.

Elliotte Friedman suggested that the deal Carolina is floating would be eight years at $8 million per season. Friedman said he understood that this was what Guentzel was after from Carolina.

But it must be said that Carolina is a very tough situation to read, because their owner Tom Dundon is very involved in the financial decisions there. He trusts his hockey people to deliver, but he still drives a hard bargain on spending.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Latest from Patrick Johnston on Guentzel:

There’s some notion that Carolina thinks they’ve re-signed Guentzel, but a source said that this is just bluster from the Hurricanes.

Elliotte Friedman suggested that the deal Carolina is floating would be eight years at $8 million per season. Friedman said he understood that this was what Guentzel was after from Carolina.

But it must be said that Carolina is a very tough situation to read, because their owner Tom Dundon is very involved in the financial decisions there. He trusts his hockey people to deliver, but he still drives a hard bargain on spending.
This is all mumbo jumbo until we see an official announcement. Nobody really knows anything is my main takeaway

Reactions: Nick Lang
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad