Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Chaos Undivided

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: mathonwy

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
i don't think skinner is available that cheap and if he is the oilers will win a beauty contest and sign him. i expect them to sign him for significantly more. he's a classic bargain basement pickup for mcdavid.

laine would not happen unless he is 100% for training camp.

overall, we're not gambling on guys like that or risking any disruption in the dressing room for a team that has one good year after many bad. years ago you called marchessault as a target for us when he was in florida before he broke out. find someone young like that for us who can play bottom 6 with upside.

Analytics darlings like Marchessault don't come around all the time.

The position the Canucks are in, they almost have to take a gamble on someone like Laine if you can get him at 50% retention. Work on supporting him and getting him back to that 40-goal level.

The Skinner deal seemed like the least likely at that point. He'll probably sign somewhere for $3M-ish...IF he is even bought out.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
unless you have a follow up trade, these shifts in draft positions, make no sense to me without seeing what’s happening on the draft board
it is odd. maybe teams have very distinct tiering in their rankings but at 26th you'd expect at least one of your top 20 to fall to you.

Grip it N RYP it

Apr 20, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Dimbo: "If you don't know what you're doing, neither does your enemy."
:thumbu:

Sun Tzu: "Oh for f***'s sake..."
:facepalm:

72nt.gif

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York

Paraphrasing:
  • Guentzel had an ask for Carolina to do 8y x $8m, and the word in Vegas this morning is that Carolina indicated that they would do that.
  • We are waiting to see if it gets hammered out.
  • There are some teams that believe he is gonna stay.
  • There are some teams who believe teams like Tampa and Vancouver will take runs if he makes it to market.

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver

Calgary getting rid of everything that isn't nailed down.

Don't see a huge market for Kadri unless Calgary retains.

Kadri is much easier to move than Huberdeau. He's still a good player. Might need to retain just due to teams being cash-strapped. Weegar would be a very solid addition for a playoff/contending team too. Flames have two more retention spots after retaining on Markstrom.

Conroy would do well to tear things down right now. It seems like he's convinced the Flames ownership to do so, which is pretty impressive.

Reactions: DekeyPete

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Flames embarking on a rebuild now after taking on a bunch of shorter-term returns last year is extremely strange.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I’m in the firm belief that we are getting Guentzel and if that falls through we are getting Zadorov and Tanev.

I’m actually good either way because I can see a path to winning either way.
Zadorov and Tanev means you’ll have five defenders with term and trade protection. Zero flexibility to pivot.

Rather just one or the other

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
If the ask is 8x8 and by some miracle Guentzel opts for the Canucks, that would be magic. Would leave a fair bit for Zadorov or Tanev. Maybe both?

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
How much is Drouin going to command if he hits the open market? Is that a potential option for the Canucks top 6 if they strike out on Guentzel/Reinhart?

I would figure somewhere around the $5.5 he had on his last contract. Probably looking long-term but I'd consider him at 3 years $5-6 mil per. He had 56 points but only 19 goals. Pretty fast from my recollection and decent size at 5'11, 198 lbs. Injury concerns the three years prior to last year where he played 79 games. Might be a sneaky option if everyone else is gone.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I wonder if Laine is someone Tochett can work with or if he is a lost cause like Kuzmenko.

Id do

Hoglander
Pettersson ( Dman)
Future 2nd rounder

for Laine 10% retained.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Somebody give me some reassurance on a decent plan if all the big guns are gone?

Because I’m struggling to find a good combination here.

Baring we make some massive trade
The Canucks are good enough of a team, desirable enough of a destination, and have enough cap space I think it's very likely they get

One of: Marchessault, Toffoli, Arvidsson, Stephenson, DeBrusk, Teravainen
One of: Tanev, Carrier, Walker (I think Roy will be outside price range)

and Brendan Dillon. But if for some reason he signs elsewhere or is unaffordable after above signings, I could see the Canucks circling back to Cole.

*assuming Zadorov isn't re-signed before July 1st and Guentzel is re-signed or goes elsewhere

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad