Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Chaos Undivided

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: mathonwy

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I'm not convinced on Guentzal to Canes is happening, he'd be signed by now If he was intent on staying there. Seems like pageantry.
I don’t think this is fair. The offers weren’t up to snuff and that gave him a lot of time to think. If it took carolina that long to reach his number, why wouldn’t he take his time to decide?

Reactions: Vector and timw33

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013

Like this more than the Toffoli rumours. Shorter term.

They need to be careful here because, if things don’t click, your only moveable players are Garland, Boeser, and Soucy.

If you aren’t getting a top target, take the best player who doesn’t need significant protection so that you can pivot

• Wow
Reactions: ameselare

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
I like this option as well.

Hughes-Tanev
Zadorov-Hronek
Soucy-Myers

Where would this rank in terms of top d-cores in the NHL?
Top 10? Top 5?

Pretty strong. I'd conservatively say top 12, but probably top 10. Essentially replacing Cole with Tanev is a big upgrade and we were already 5th best last year in GA, although the forwards had a lot to do with that too. I think Hronek probably ends up playing with Hughes despite Allvin's comments of seeing Hronek run his own pairing. Either way love having Soucy Myers as a 2B/3rd pairing. Awesome depth, and Juulsen, Friedman are terrific as #7/#8.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Like, I get excited about that level of natural finishing talent and PP talent for Stamkos, but man oh man he is really not driving play or contributing defensively anymore and you'd need his cost to be like 5-6MM at most to allow you to shore up depth elsewhere.

Reactions: Hodgy and Vector

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
I don’t think this is fair. The offers weren’t up to snuff and that gave him a lot of time to think. If it took carolina that long to reach his number, why wouldn’t he take his time to decide?
I dunno, to me this seems to be a player intent on UFA. Pittsburgh went through this same song and dance in-season and they seem determined to trade him.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Ok my first post in years (stupid Benning and then losing my password)

But assuming Guentzel is signing in Carolina - People are sleeping on Skinner, i get he is soft as butter and not the best defensively but he is a pretty consistent 25-30 goal scorer and will come a heck lot cheaper than others out there. he may even bite on a 1 year 5-6mil deal.

When taking cap, probably length of contract and production into account Skinner should be next on the list.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Somebody give me some reassurance on a decent plan if all the big guns are gone?

Because I’m struggling to find a good combination here.

Baring we make some massive trade

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Stamkos: still one of the most productive players in the league and plays a fairly complete game. I would go 7Mx2 with no reservation at all, but he likely wants more or he'd be in Tampa. I think he's a very good alternative to Guentzel and I am surprised more people haven't said so.

Guentzel: he's a win-now move demanding an 8 year deal, I'd kind of be relieved if we were out on him.

Marchessault: I just can't stomach the term it would require. Guentzel is a better move at nearly any AAV.

Toffoli: signing him won't really accomplish anything.

I guess I inadvertently listed these players in my order of preference, and probably the reverse order of the team's ability to sign them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad