Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Chaos Undivided

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: mathonwy

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Arvidsson, Zadorov and Tanev - sign me up and hook it to my veins.

(I'd also be fine with Toffoli, but I know I'm a minority opinion on that)

I'm expecting us to acquire a fourth line buzzsaw/physical player type. I know Duhaime and Lomberg have been floated as possible names - something in that vein, but maybe cheaper.

This is where I'm at too. Make the D core rock solid, and that gives Petey a 30 goal threat on his line who IMO plays a complimentary game.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Arvidsson, Zadorov and Tanev - sign me up and hook it to my veins.
that is probably the best of the obvious options. arvidsson will be cheaper than toffoli and i worry that toffoli and boeser on the wings will really expose us on speed. arvidsson would be a constant breakaway release weapon for petey.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Joshua:
-Tocchet called Joshua a few weeks ago just to talk to him
Awwww!
1719593128983.png

Zadorov:
-number is closer to 5m
1719593179282.png

Goalies:
-have liked Maple Leaf's Samsonov
1719593233653.png

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
How much is Drouin going to command if he hits the open market? Is that a potential option for the Canucks top 6 if they strike out on Guentzel/Reinhart?
He's not going anywhere, especially not another Canadian team.

Walsh said on his podcast recently (Hronek was actually a guest, it was a funny interview, I'll link it below) that he tells his clients "Don't f*** with happy - when you find your happy place, you do everything you can to make it work."

By all accounts, Drouin is very happy in Colorado, both professionally and personally. I don't think he's going to risk leaving that at this point in his life and career. He's already made decent money.

MacKinnon also said yesterday that Drouin is "Definitely my favourite teammate I’ve ever had. I think we really understand each other. We met when we were 12, 13 and shared a lot of great moments in Halifax. Just really understand each other and we get the best out of each other.”

I just don't see a world in which the Avs let this guy go, especially considering Elliotte recently mentioned that Ross Colton is on Nashville's radar. His NTC kicks in on July 1 and his cap hit is $4M AAV, so I'm guessing Drouin will sign for somewhere around there.

FWIW I think he really turned his game around this year, and his happiness in his personal life seems to be a big factor in that, so I highly doubt he wants to go anywhere else and risk that either. He had a slow start to this past season but now that he's used to the Avs systems and everything, I honestly think he could be a PPG+ player for a couple seasons if he gets consistent PP1 time - which would likely depend on the Nichushkin situation.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Heinen is more of a complementary guy you throw onto a line as a 3rd wheel, he's good in that role so I wouldn't mind him if he gets squeezed as a UFA like Suter did last year. Garland drives our 3rd line.

Joshua would definitely be less effective.
Not saying it isn't a downgrade, but something has to give salary cap-wise and Garland's is one of the only contracts we could reasonably move. All hypothetical though.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Sounds like Guentzel is re-signing in Carolina.

I wonder what plan B is.

I hope its not Tofolli. Tofolli would be a decent addition but he cant be our main off-season piece.

We need speed and scoring.

Not sure how we get him, but i still want Ehlers.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
He made 0.8m last year and was quite a bit less productive than the previous season. I'd be shocked if he got any sort of raise.

Yep, now that I checked in on him properly yeah he should be thankful to just have a one-way contract. Would be good to have someone that can bump PDG/Pod/Aman out of the lineup for a bit.

Reactions: Vector

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Samsonov? Are you kidding me? Dude is a arrogant loser who makes Skinner look like Vezina goalie in comparison.

Hard, HARD, pass.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Stamkos would be fine for a year or two but I can see him falling off fast. Like really fast. And someone like Detroit will give him stupid term like 4 years.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I would avoid Stamkos, he's on a massive downswing 5 on 5 and all his utility is PP and finishing (where he's still insane).

Reactions: aregora

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I'm not convinced on Guentzal to Canes is happening, he'd be signed by now If he was intent on staying there. Seems like pageantry.

Canes clearly using media to apply pressure by saying they've met his ask and making him look unreasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad