Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Chaos Undivided

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: mathonwy

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
People are going to hate this, but it's a lineup I could get excited for. It's contingent on many things though but here goes:

1) Re-sign Nikita Zadorov: 6 years $4.75M AAV
2) Re-sign Arturs Silovs: 2 years, $1M AAV
3) Sign Chris Tanev: 4 years, $3.75M AAV (likely on the low end for AAV, but maybe that 4th year helps get it done?)
4) Sign Jeff Skinner: 1 year, $1.6M AAV (contingent on Skinner being bought out, and then sold on reviving his career playing with Miller/Boeser or Pettersson).

5) Trade Jonathan Lekkerimaki to Columbus for Patrik Laine @ 50% retention

Skinner (1.6) - Pettersson (11.6) - Laine (4.35)
Hoglander (1.1) - Miller (8) - Boeser (6.65)
Joshua (3.25) - Blueger (1.8) - Garland (4.95)
DiGuisseppe (0.775) - Suter (1.6) - Podkolzin (1)
Aman (0.825)

Hughes (7.85) - Hronek (7.25)
Zadorov (4.75) - Tanev (3.75)
Soucy (3.25) - Myers (3)
Friedman (0.775) - Juulsen (0.775)

Demko (5)
Silovs (1)

~$40K of cap space left.

Pacific Canuck

Oct 26, 2017
You know, wouldnt be the worst to stack the D, pick up a b range fwd and carry some cap space into this year. Can maybe keep our options open for a pickup mid season. Like we did with Zadorov and Lindholm

Reactions: Nick Lang

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Somebody give me some reassurance on a decent plan if all the big guns are gone?

Because I’m struggling to find a good combination here.

Baring we make some massive trade

Arvidson/Marchessault, Tanev/Roy, Zadorov, and depth pieces (Motte, maybe swing on a Carrier).

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
You know, wouldnt be the worst to stack the D, pick up a b range fwd and carry some cap space into this year. Can maybe keep our options open for a pickup mid season. Like we did with Zadorov and Lindholm
Yes not the worst option. They should still pick up a decent middle 6 forward so Pettersson doesn’t start the year with Duhaime and Hoglander, but our first next year is good as gone. We’ll need to make cap space.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
People are going to hate this, but it's a lineup I could get excited for. It's contingent on many things though but here goes:

3) Sign Chris Tanev: 4 years, $3.75M AAV (likely on the low end for AAV, but maybe that 4th year helps get it done?)
4) Sign Jeff Skinner: 1 year, $1.6M AAV (contingent on Skinner being bought out, and then sold on reviving his career playing with Miller/Boeser or Pettersson).

Aman (0.825)

Soucy (3.25) - Myers (3)

Demko (5)
Silovs (1)

~$40K of cap space left.
If we’re giving up Lekkerimaki, which I’m fine doing, I wouldn’t do it for a player that’s like a 50/50 to work out or tank our team $4.5 million of dead cap space.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Ok my first post in years (stupid Benning and then losing my password)

But assuming Guentzel is signing in Carolina - People are sleeping on Skinner, i get he is soft as butter and not the best defensively but he is a pretty consistent 25-30 goal scorer and will come a heck lot cheaper than others out there. he may even bite on a 1 year 5-6mil deal.

When taking cap, probably length of contract and production into account Skinner should be next on the list.
Argh Benning! Screwing over the franchise and losing all of our passwords!

Skinner is someone I would consider on a league-min kind of deal.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

Aman (0.825)

Soucy (3.25) - Myers (3)

Demko (5)
Silovs (1)

~$40K of cap space left.

Only thing I don't like is Laine, way too much risk, too much baggage. I'd stay the f*** away.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016

i don't think skinner is available that cheap and if he is the oilers will win a beauty contest and sign him. i expect them to sign him for significantly more. he's a classic bargain basement pickup for mcdavid.

laine would not happen unless he is 100% for training camp.

overall, we're not gambling on guys like that or risking any disruption in the dressing room for a team that has one good year after many bad. years ago you called marchessault as a target for us when he was in florida before he broke out. find someone young like that for us who can play bottom 6 with upside.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Maybe not new news but Dhaliwal said Canucks want Zadorov and will take one final shot this weekend.
makes sense. there was a story that milstein has shut down active player stuff until after the draft to focus on his new guys. if zadorov is next on the list we are on hold with our ufas until then,

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco

Yeah, I can get behind that. To keep our options flexible the team would be best off adding some expiring contracts as the depth F, since the team won't accumulate cap space this season.

Yes not the worst option. They should still pick up a decent middle 6 forward so Pettersson doesn’t start the year with Duhaime and Hoglander, but our first next year is good as gone. We’ll need to make cap space.

If stack the D is the plan, Pettersson's linemates should be Joshua and Garland and the Canucks should look for an expiring contract to build a 3rd line with to give the team flexibility (I like Iaffalo).

Something like, Tanev @ $4M, Zadorov @ $4.75M, Silovs @ $1M, Bailey @ $775K and you run:

Suter-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Pettersson-Garland
Hoglander-Blueger-Iaffalo
Podkolzin-Aman-Bailey
Extra: PDG

Hughes-Hronek
Zadorov-Tanev
Soucy-Myers
Ex: Juulsen, Friedman

G: Demko, Silovs

Leaves the Canucks with ~$1M in cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay