Canucks News, Rumours, & Fantasy GM | The Hunt for Red June

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Canucks will be in some big names comes TDL like guentzel but will likely be outbid

Like some have said, probably canucks come out with bottom 6 winger like Greenway and signs Kessel and add another dman like tanev or someone not on the radar yet.

lubusyskin

Reactions: Donuts

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Vancouver
Canucks will be in some big names comes TDL like guentzel but will likely be outbid

Like some have said, probably canucks come out with bottom 6 winger like Greenway and signs Kessel and add another dman like tanev or someone not on the radar yet.

Sammy Blais and Alex Carrier would be my depth targets for the playoffs.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Drew O'Connor is the most under-the-radar interesting name on Pittsburgh. Big high-wmotor winger (although not overly physical) having a big ES scoring year from their bottom-6 - although playing higher up recently - and is signed for next year at $925k.

Position/height/weight is similar to Dakota Joshua :amazed:

I trust the scout.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
I still think EP40 is going to re-sign (3 or 4 years) in the summer and all of this hand wringing will have been for nothing.

But....

If Pettersson doesn't sign a multi year extension and elects to sign his QO and hit free agency, it's probably semi logical to assume that he will not negotiate an extension with an acquiring team (unless his issue is with ownership). If so, the return probably won't be what it could otherwise be.

I think Boston is a landing spot that would make sense and could see them putting together a package that probably works for us

Frederic, Zacha and Lohrei to Vancouver

EP40 to Boston

he won't sign his QO under any circumstances. he'll just refuse to sign anything if he actually wants out and wait for a trade. the canucks can try to play hardball and threaten to sit him all year but that would blow up their relationships with basically every agent around the league. if pettersson wants out he'll get out on his terms. it'd be disastrous for the canucks to not try to work something out

if pettersson is really intent on getting out and he's amenable to pittsburgh as a destination the canucks could do worse than something around guentzel and (marcus) pettersson. i dunno what other pieces would have to move but i'd assume it'd be with the intent to resign guentzel (and probably lindholm) but a core of miller, guentzel, lindholm, hughes, hronek and pettersson would be on the older side but pretty competitive for the next few years. boeser and mikheyev would still be problems needing to be solved but they wouldn't be too expensive to move if push came to shove

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006

In regards to the Philly/Pens game.

Also weird considering Pens are in Vancouver for a Tuesday game. So maybe related to the Flyers?

Reactions: Lindgren

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013

I have had the same thought for a while. I would like to see them beat the market for a D and then buy low on an F gamble at the tdl

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

In regards to the Philly/Pens game.

Also weird considering Pens are in Vancouver for a Tuesday game. So maybe related to the Flyers?

I posted this earlier in the thread but Scott Young, like a lot of current Canucks, used to work with the Penguins. Odds are he's in-town for a big group dinner between friends.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

From my viewings, I really would not try add Greenway unless he was literally free.

The Canucks still need more ES offense. I would look at reuniting with Toffoli. The loss to TB pretty much ended the Devils' season and they might sell off some ancillary pieces.

Reactions: andora

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I think they go after a defenceman and hope that Lindholm figures it out offensively. But they really need to lighten the loan on Cole, he looks exhausted.

At the moment there just don't seem to be any realistic internal options for Cole, do there?

(Unless Wolanin gets healthy in a flash and starts bringing what he brought last year.)

beachcomber

Apr 6, 2015
Need more size up front and another D man. I wouldn't count on guys like Lindholm to be doing much in the playoffs.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Drew O'Connor is the most under-the-radar interesting name on Pittsburgh. Big high-motor winger (although not overly physical) having a big ES scoring year from their bottom-6 - although playing higher up recently - and is signed for next year at $925k.
Literally no reason for Pitt to trade him.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
From my viewings, I really would not try add Greenway unless he was literally free.

The Canucks still need more ES offense. I would look at reuniting with Toffoli. The loss to TB pretty much ended the Devils' season and they might sell off some ancillary pieces.
Bring back Toffoli and Tanev. Erase the horrible JB offseason.

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
he won't sign his QO under any circumstances. he'll just refuse to sign anything if he actually wants out and wait for a trade. the canucks can try to play hardball and threaten to sit him all year but that would blow up their relationships with basically every agent around the league. if pettersson wants out he'll get out on his terms. it'd be disastrous for the canucks to not try to work something out

if pettersson is really intent on getting out and he's amenable to pittsburgh as a destination the canucks could do worse than something around guentzel and (marcus) pettersson. i dunno what other pieces would have to move but i'd assume it'd be with the intent to resign guentzel (and probably lindholm) but a core of miller, guentzel, lindholm, hughes, hronek and pettersson would be on the older side but pretty competitive for the next few years. boeser and mikheyev would still be problems needing to be solved but they wouldn't be too expensive to move if push came to shove
If he's balking at a multi year deal, I can see it being more about wanting to be UFA ASAP more than simply wanting to be anywhere but here. It's hard to imagine the latter could be the case without it creating a toxic situation in the dressing room.

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022

Really? We lead the league in GF (5v5) by a fair bit and it isn't like that scoring is only coming from our top guys. I looked a week or so ago and we had the most (9) forwards in the top 100 of 5v5 scoring/60 min. I think the bigger priority is defense and gritty depth guys that ideally can help out on the pk. Agree on Greenway, though, If Mikheyev was going the other way, I might be more interested.

Who are the guys like Lindholm?
haha i think Lindholm is pretty similar.

• Haha
Reactions: sting101
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad