Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Off-Season Edition | Not satisfied, so now what?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiripa20

May 29, 2017
Henderson, Nevada
Intriguing but I wouldn't no. Tkachuk and Pettersson are very different players. I don't think Brady helps the team as much as Pettersson does.
This is the part of being a fan I enjoy. I feel the oposite. I think Brady helps a team in so many ways as well as making other players play better. I would trade Petey straight up for Brady. I admit to having a bias for the type of leaders I want on my team; most especially in the playoffs. Plus, Brady is Quinns buddy!

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

“Complete B.S.,’’ Steve Staios, president of hockey operations and GM of the Senators, said Monday when asked to comment on the rumors. “We are building this team around Brady. His leadership and unique skill set are rare.
“There is absolutely no validity to it.’’

On the flip side of things, I would put a little more stock into the rumors that are out there regarding Martin Necas, who just won IIHF World Championship gold in his native Czechia.
What we know is the Hurricanes did have Necas included in their February trade discussions with the Vancouver Canucks regarding Elias Pettersson before the Canucks ended up convincing Pettersson to sign a long-term extension. And I’ve reported before that Necas was part of the package that Carolina offered Calgary in the summer of 2022 for Matthew Tkachuk.

-Hurricanes have a plan to extend Necas role for next season
-teams have called on him
-not trading him for a futures package
-Hurricanes will hang on to him even if Necas wants a change of scenery
-Nashville, Boston, and Vancouver are listed
-Hurricanes want a star-caliber player back
-all things being equal, belives he will be traded

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Watching Igor play during the playoffs, and realizing what could've been if we had Demko during the playoffs, just makes me sad. It's not hard to foresee a world where Demko's save percentage is 0.915-0.92, which alone saves us about half a goal a game?

I love Silovs and he was way beyond what could've been reasonably expected, but it's going to be key to make sure he gets close to 30 games next year so that Demko goes into the playoffs fully healthy and ready to go.

Athletic (Drance) had a good article on what's missing to get to the contender level, and while I think Dom's model is a pile of antiquated nonsense half the time, it was directionally correct this time in my opinon.

1 top 4 d and 1 top 6 W short - it contends in there both need to be at a top line level, and that was the point I slightly disagreed with. To me, a second pairing puck mover and a guy at Necas' level should be enough.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010

“Complete B.S.,’’ Steve Staios, president of hockey operations and GM of the Senators, said Monday when asked to comment on the rumors. “We are building this team around Brady. His leadership and unique skill set are rare.

On the flip side of things, I would put a little more stock into the rumors that are out there regarding Martin Necas, who just won IIHF World Championship gold in his native Czechia.
What we know is the Hurricanes did have Necas included in their February trade discussions with the Vancouver Canucks regarding Elias Pettersson before the Canucks ended up convincing Pettersson to sign a long-term extension. And I’ve reported before that Necas was part of the package that Carolina offered Calgary in the summer of 2022 for Matthew Tkachuk.

Well Nashville and Boston don't have star players to give.

So real question is would they be interested in Hronek if offered.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Dillon is redundant is they re-sign Zadarov. But a great Plan B if they can't.

Lefties with lefties, 6 out 9 of the last cup champs had a lopsided defence.
I'm going to stop you there. Defenses aren't lopsided because it's a winning strategy, it's because true righties are a commodity and there aren't enough and teams are trying to make do.

They don't have any right-sided defensemen signed right now, that's a problem. Cole as a lefty at least played significant time of his career on the right side, and we all saw how he struggled towards the end.

Reactions: Nick Lang

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Canucks have a number. Zadorov has a number. I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually does sign with the Canucks if Milstein doesn't hear a number he likes from other teams before July 1st. If it goes to July 1st, I figure the Canucks move on.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
If it takes 5 or less I resign Zadorov, and I almost don't care of the term... the team needs to win now, and we can deal with the long term contracts later.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Canucks have a number. Zadorov has a number. I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually does sign with the Canucks if Milstein doesn't hear a number he likes from other teams before July 1st. If it goes to July 1st, I figure the Canucks move on.

So what Milstein is saying is that their counter-offer before he had a fantastic playoffs still stands.

Maybe they shouldn't answer the door when opportunity knocks.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Sounds like the Canucks have no intention of meeting Zadorov's ask, so either he comes down or bye-bye.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Sounds like the Canucks have no intention of meeting Zadorov's ask, so either he comes down or bye-bye.
My read is that Canucks aren’t prepared to commit to an offer beyond their initial budget until they know what else they can do in free agency or the trade market.

I don’t think it is entirely up to Vancouver to budge, either. The guy has already been traded from three US teams, and disparaged two Canadian teams. He seems to like it in Vancouver. For a guy that has a tough time picking a place—maybe he wants to prioritize just choosing a city he likes and wants to plant roots.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vector

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York

I’m not surprised Boston is listed. Necas has more 1C potential than Lindholm or Stamkos or any other forward conceivably available on the market.

Boston’s problem is that I doubt Carolina has any interest trading Necas within the division.

Reactions: Canuckle1970

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I’m not surprised Boston is listed. Necas has more 1C potential than Lindholm or Stamkos or any other forward conceivably available on the market.

Boston’s problem is that I doubt Carolina has any interest trading Necas within the division.

They also don't have much to dangle. No equivalent player. They may be willing to give up Poitras and Lohrei but I doubt both.

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016
Would you guys trade Hoglander straight up for Jeannot? He has a $2.6 mill cap hit and will be a UFA. He would mainly replace Joshua imo.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Necas has more 1C potential than Lindholm

The problem here is that he's straight up not a centre. He's doesn't take faceoffs and just does not have the defensive acumen to take those difficult assignments. The guy plays a wingers game.

Would you guys trade Hoglander straight up for Jeannot? He has a $2.6 mill cap hit and will be a UFA. He would mainly replace Joshua imo.

When Jeannot is not shooting 20% he is not a very interesting player at all to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad