Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Off-Season Edition | Not satisfied, so now what?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
IMG_6181.png

It’s possible, this leaves 2.5M for 3 extras on ~league min cap hits. Basically the same team as this year though; I’d rather they add more skating ability to the top 6 and/or push Juulsen to the press box.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
On paper, Tkachuk with EP would seem like a really good duo with sky high potential. A part of me really wants to see a line of JTM and Tkachuk shadowing McDavid and Draisaitl though. That has potential to be an explosive matchup. Imagine all the crying. LOL

• Wow
Reactions: Chiripa20

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
With an 8M salary coming in, a large salary or two is gonna have to go out.
Why? Cole 3 mil, Hronek 4.75 mil need 500 K.
They could still sign Zad at 6 and Joshua at 3 easily.

26+ mil in cap space with Poolman's LTIR.

8 + 6 + 3 + Myers 3.5 = 20.5 mil leaving 6+ mil left.

Likely will be needed a Mikheyev trade which gains an outright add of 4.75 million, at 50% retention add 2.375 mil or a Buyout add 3.6 mil cap space.

Add in a Carolina trade of Hronek for Necas and Pesce.

It can be done easily at the end of the day.
The goal is to improve and forward positions are lacking.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
Would love to add Brady Tkachuk. Can one of you CapFriendly folks, put together a cap compliant line up that includes Tkachuk, Zadorov and Joshua? Perhaps with Blueger to centre the 3rd line?
1716823222617.png

Something like this is just under the cap. Had to trade Hronek, Mik, Hog and futures (ie: picks/prospects) for Tkachuk to make it work.

If we are keeping Hronek at anything near $7m or more, then we will have to remove Zadorov and one of the top 4 RSD in the above scenario. Sprong and Walker are just placeholder, not necessarily who I think are best fits.

I would offer Hronek, Lekkermaki, Hoglander, 1st and 2nd round pick.

I’d try to keep Willander personally, but if he needed to be included, then I’d say they have to take Mikheyev.

Interesting that Tkachuk doesn’t have any trade protection….
Feels like if you are trading for Tkachuk, then the goal is to contend for the cup in the next 2-3 seasons while JTM is still producing. In that scenario, Hronek will help the team more than Willander (unless you expect Willander can come in and play top 4 minutes starting in 2025-26 on an ELC). Willander shouldn't be a deal-breaker in a deal for Tkachuk.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
Why? Cole 3 mil, Hronek 4.75 mil need 500 K.
They could still sign Zad at 6 and Joshua at 3 easily.

26+ mil in cap space with Poolman's LTIR.

8 + 6 + 3 + Myers 3.5 = 20.5 mil leaving 6+ mil left.

Likely will be needed a Mikheyev trade which gains an outright add of 4.75 million, at 50% retention add 2.375 mil or a Buyout add 3.6 mil cap space.

Add in a Carolina trade of Hronek for Necas and Pesce.

It can be done easily at the end of the day.
The goal is to improve and forward positions are lacking.
You have the math skills of Kelly McCrimmon don't you haha LTIR for everyone! lol

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

I’ll have to scroll through this to find out the context (when the offer was made), but interesting.

I still suspect this is a matter of term, I think you could get him under $5M AAV on 6-7 years. Canucks trying to keep the length to 4-5 years.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
You've made it work. I'm a little suspect of the defence. Tanev and Walker combined for the same amount of points as Hronek. Minus Myers 29 points. Going to need some real good PKers since Tkachuk since coming into the league has the 2nd most penalty minutes among forwards. Lol.
There are going to be sacrifices to fit Tkachuk into the team and retain Joshua and Zadorov (as originally requested), not going to lie. It isn't the most balanced lineup, but it can work cap-wise.

I do think Walker has some puck moving ability, he isn't Hronek but I don't think it is outlandish to project mid-30ish points if he spend any time playing with Hughes. Another option is to retain Myers at something like 3.5m and bypass Walker, and use the extra $1m cap space to upgrade the 4th line wing (or give Tanev the extra money as he is probably going to be in high demand this summer and may get offers starting at $5m).

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Would love to add Brady Tkachuk. Can one of you CapFriendly folks, put together a cap compliant line up that includes Tkachuk, Zadorov and Joshua? Perhaps with Blueger to centre the 3rd line?

This is an exercise in capspace more than anything but we'll assume that any trade involving Tkachuk also involves Hoglander. All contracts provided by AFP.

Tkachuk for Hoglander, Lekkerimaki, 1st, 2nd
Zadorov - 5y/5.3m
Joshua - 4y/3.25m
Blueger - 2y/2.17m
Silovs - 2y/1.0m

Suter-Miller-Boeser
Tkachuk-Pettersson-???
Joshua-Blueger-Garland
Mikheyev-Aman-Podkolzin
Di Giuseppe

Hughes-???
Zadorov-???
Soucy-Juulsen

Demko
Silovs

8.4m in cap space.

So let's go a little further and make three more assumptions.
1) They'll buyout Mikheyev
2) Re-sign Tyler Myers
3) Sign Brenden Dillon and play one of Zadorov or Soucy on their off-hand

Myers - 2y/3.16m
Dillon - 2y/2.86m

Suter-Miller-Boeser
Tkachuk-Pettersson-???
Joshua-Blueger-Garland
Di Giuseppe-Aman-Podkolzin

Hughes-Zadorov
Soucy-Myers
Dillon-Juulsen

Demko
Silovs

5.98m

Now this configuration is still missing three healthy scratches. If all make around league minimuim, that would be about 2.5m off the total. Leaving only around 3.5m for another forward to play with Tkachuk & Pettersson or an upgrade on Juulsen.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
This is an exercise in capspace more than anything but we'll assume that any trade involving Tkachuk also involves Hoglander. All contracts provided by AFP.

Zadorov - 5y/5.3m
Joshua - 4y/3.25m
Blueger - 2y/2.17m
Silovs - 2y/1.0m

Suter-Miller-Boeser
Tkachuk-Pettersson-???
Joshua-Blueger-Garland
Mikheyev-Aman-Podkolzin
Di Giuseppe

Hughes-???
Zadorov-???
Soucy-Juulsen

Demko
Silovs

8.4m in cap space.

2) Re-sign Tyler Myers

Myers - 2y/3.16m
Dillon - 2y/2.86m

Suter-Miller-Boeser
Tkachuk-Pettersson-???
Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Hughes-Zadorov
Soucy-Myers
Dillon-Juulsen

Demko
Silovs

5.98m

Now this configuration is still missing three healthy scratches. If all make around league minimuim, that would be about 2.5m off the total. Leaving only around 3.5m for another forward to play with Tkachuk & Pettersson or an upgrade on Juulsen.
That includes the 2.3M of OEL and buyout of Mikky?

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
There are going to be sacrifices to fit Tkachuk into the team and retain Joshua and Zadorov (as originally requested), not going to lie. It isn't the most balanced lineup, but it can work cap-wise.

I do think Walker has some puck moving ability, he isn't Hronek but I don't think it is outlandish to project mid-30ish points if he spend any time playing with Hughes. Another option is to retain Myers at something like 3.5m and bypass Walker, and use the extra $1m cap space to upgrade the 4th line wing (or give Tanev the extra money as he is probably going to be in high demand this summer and may get offers starting at $5m).
A good top 6 for sure though.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
This is batshit insane. $7M for Zadorov? Even $6M is crazy. That you Jimbo?
Might be, lol.

The playoffs always blind people. Zadorov was legit great in the playoffs. But you can't base your entire evaluation of a guy on like 12 good games he played. There are notable examples of non-star players getting paid based off one playoff run and...they usually don't age well.

His career he's pretty much always been a 4/5D who is not trusted in tough matchups, and that was how Tocc deployed him most of the season.

Unless people believe he's legitimately improved to something approaching a full-time top-pair defenseman....these numbers are bananas.

Last edited:

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon

Zadorov - 5y/5.3m
Joshua - 4y/3.25m
Blueger - 2y/2.17m
Silovs - 2y/1.0m

Suter-Miller-Boeser
Tkachuk-Pettersson-???
Joshua-Blueger-Garland
Mikheyev-Aman-Podkolzin
Di Giuseppe

Hughes-???
Zadorov-???
Soucy-Juulsen

Demko
Silovs

8.4m in cap space.

2) Re-sign Tyler Myers

Myers - 2y/3.16m
Dillon - 2y/2.86m

Suter-Miller-Boeser
Tkachuk-Pettersson-???
Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Hughes-Zadorov
Soucy-Myers
Dillon-Juulsen

Demko
Silovs

5.98m

It's certainly possible.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
It's certainly possible.

It's one of those rosters where you look at it and figure "okay so we already have Suter as a cheap in the top-6, let's do it again for the other line" and role with someone on the roster and spend the rest for an upgrade at defence. This also didn't include trading Hronek. He's just hanging out as an RFA.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
It's one of those rosters where you look at it and figure "okay so we already have Suter as a cheap in the top-6, let's do it again for the other line" and role with someone on the roster and spend the rest for an upgrade at defence. This also didn't include trading Hronek. He's just hanging out as an RFA.
If we can also trade Poolman we could use the Hronek assets in a trade to load up at the deadline since we'd likely accrue a large amount of cap space.

Could acquire a top 6 forward.

___

Don't know if we'll be able to pull a Tkachuk tarde off but I could totally see Allvin making a big splash and acquire a star in a hockey trade and roll with a similar lineup you are projecting.

Reactions: Vector

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
It does, yes. Capfriendly already accounts for the OEL buyout for the 24-25 season.
Well I'm fine with it, better win otherwise cap hell and looking like the Leafs is my initial thought. I'd prefer much more depth. The prospect pool just isn't strong enough to go back to back seasons with no 1st or 2nd and giving up two of the Canucks better young forwards.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
I wouldn’t move Willander in basically any trade; we’re probably going to have to use Juulsen or similar on our bottom pairing for most of the year due to cap constraints, and that’s a spot Willander should be able to step into next spring assuming his development arc continues.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
after consecutive seasons of miller, horvat and pettersson extend or trade discussions, it is interesting that there is virtually no discussion of boeser being extended, or of trading boeser this summer if we won't extend him.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
after consecutive seasons of miller, horvat and pettersson extend or trade discussions, it is interesting that there is virtually no discussion of boeser being extended, or of trading boeser this summer if we won't extend him.

It's because he's a core player and will get re-signed. Fait accompli.

Trading the oft-injured Demko with Mikheylev opens up more opportunities.

Demko isn't going anywhere. This window they've created will be heavily reliant upon him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad