Rumor: Canucks making their final offer on Zadorov this weekend. There are rumblings that some teams are prepared to offer him 6x6 on July 1

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Would a long term contract make sense, he can be put on long term injury in the last few years.

He gets his money this way.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Zadorov was great in Vancouver. We loved his play, his swagger, his soundbytes, and the presence he brought to the team.

But 6x6 is insane.

I think he will test hte UFA market, won't get what he is looking for and then circle back on the initial offer by the nucks (if nucks haven't spent that money already on someone else); or he will see if he can get back to the Avs (he is still tight with his teammates there from what I recall).

Anyone that offers a 6x6 for Zadorov must be of the beleif that they are winning a cup within the next 2 to 3 years and Zadorov is the towring presence needed back there. Else that is one helluva gamble for him.

I really don;t like looking at players' performance in a contract year; instead of long-term consistency. Zadorov IMO hasn't shown a long term consistency in his play to command a 6x6

Reactions: Ianturnedbull

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Didn’t Zadorov say he was open to Toronto when he made his trade request? Would not be surprised if he signed there if it doesn’t work out with Vancouver. I’d hate it as a Leaf fan because the last thing this team needs is more slow ogres.

Montour, Theodore (in a Marner trade) would be much much better

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Just how far off are they?

I can understand if Vancouver doesn’t want to give him like 5.5 or 6 million.

But if it’s 5 million, you got to do that deal.

You can’t lose both Joshua and zadorov, they are major parts of our new identity

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021

You can’t lose both Joshua and zadorov, they are major parts of our new identity

They are probably not too far on AAV but more so term than anything.

I'd say Canucks are comfortable with around 4.75x 5

Where Z is probably holding out for more security around 6-7 years.

Reactions: Musampa

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

Likewise, if they're grumbling over term but he's willing to sign for 5M, just do it. Who cares if it's 5, 6 or even 7 years at that point?

Vancity96

Apr 13, 2014
I would do 4-4.5mil for 7-8 years as a Canucks fan. I much prefer this over giving him 5+ for 4-6 years.

The key for me is to keep the AAV down and offer term as the cap rises.

Reactions: The Nuge

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Enlighten me a bit. Is Z a top 4 D? Are people here knocking his ability because the Leafs are interested?

Be honest. What is the truth here.

Some here are saying 5.5 x 5 is fair. So what is it?

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
6 x 6 is crazy. Toronto probably want him, but they are not insane.

Z's agent must be ready to wait until training camp. No way anyone picks him up at 6 x 6 on July 1st.

What do bottom 6 d players make these days? Isn't 2.5 million too much too?

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Enlighten me a bit. Is Z a top 4 D? Are people here knocking his ability because the Leafs are interested?

He has always been inconsistent. He can be a great 1v1 defender and can be very physical. Gets lost quite often in defensive systems is not the smartest player. I don’t think anything over 4.5 is a smart move for any franchise. Great character dude though. Toronto is better off reserving that money for a Jeff finger type defenceman.

Minnesota Knudsens

Apr 22, 2024
6 x 6 is crazy. Toronto probably want him, but they are not insane.

Z's agent must be ready to wait until training camp. No way anyone picks him up at 6 x 6 on July 1st.

What do bottom 6 d players make these days? Isn't 2.5 million too much too?
The wildcard here is Treliving, who due to his mentorship from Brian Burke, often makes dumb decisions in the name of truculence.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
So there close.
All these pundits throw as much shit at the wall as we do lol.

My favourite Dhaliwal one was when he said that Edler is basically out the door then 10 minutes later he re-signed.

With Elliote while I love his overall shtik, his podcast etc, he's had so many misses but his complete almost year long bungling of the EP situation has to be my #1.

My shit at the wall is he's gondoo and replaced by Dillion. Guentzel, Roy, Stephenson as well as Toffoli are nucks.
Hronek is re-signed for 8×7

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022

Z has a lot of good going for him but the only really thing I'll miss is his hitting.
Everything else is fine, he's a solid #5 that has some days he looks like a top 4 guy but just as many where he doesn't.
If he gets paid like a top four guy than obviously he's going to play fulltime in the top four and even when Soucy was out for 20+ games, Tochett and Foote trusted Cole more.

As a nucks fans I'd rather pay less and sign Dillion and with EP2 almost ready, we have our next heavy hitter who is likely going to be ready sooner than later and has great potential defensively, and physically.

Last thing I'll say is Myers is a guy id take 10 times out of 10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad